Start by marking “Taken By The Pack (Phases, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taken By The Pack (Phases, #1)

Taken By The Pack (Phases #1)

3.15 of 5 stars 3.15  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Danny loves Alaska, but it doesn't seem to love him back. The full Wolf Moon sparkles over Fairbanks, but he's alone for those long nights. He wants to come out of the closet and date, but his frail family might implode. All he wants is the right man in his bed.

Brandon and Justin are lovers and wolf shifters native to Alaska. They're out to protect their way of life, and
Published January 12th 2011 by Resplendence Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Taken By The Pack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken By The Pack

Lexi Ander
Feb 02, 2011 Lexi Ander added it
Shelves: mm-shifters
Meg Kinch
I wanted to like this book, I really did, but I continually got a little irritated. The blackmail scheme was just mean and rude. Regardless of the situation, you don't force someone out of the closet. It has to be their choice and at their time. Also the continual shoving of Pipeline down my throat got old. Danny has experienced club life and gay sex when he was in college and did the whole multiple thing, why can't Brandon and Justin understand that. They continually mention a foursome, more pe ...more
Serena Yates
This book took me a while to get into. Once I did, though, and the initial 'misunderstanding' and resulting pretty awful macho/dominant behavior was explained, I liked where the story went.

I liked Danny immediately, even if he was a little TOO concerned with his family and doing the right thing, rather than his own life. He is one of those people who take a little longer to find out what they want and need from life. His heart is in the right spot, and he ends up making a desciosn that fits with
Tj
I’m going to start by saying this book did not work for me. It is fairly rare I read a book and do not really like it. I will say it isn’t horrible, but just had a very flimsy plot line that didn’t work for me at all. The story ends up being more about the sex than the story itself and the sex isn’t very well written either.

Danny has been forced to return to his home in Alaska after his father becomes ill. Because of the attitude in Alaska and his family Danny believes it best to stay in the cl
Fry
I'm not sure why I picked this book up. I feel it may have been because one of the later books in the series was rated well. My OCD in me had me start at the beginning, even though the authors and the settings are all different. Whatever the reason, it left me disappointed.

There is too much unbelievable stuff happening in this book. Regardless of the paranormal aspect, regardless of the crazy amounts of sex the characters were having, there were still basic human interactions that were wrong.

Two
Elisa Rolle
It’s strange, giving that this is a paranormal novella, but the feeling of it was really more “homemade”, like a small-town story; and indeed it’s not unlikely since the set is Fairbanks, Alaska, that, even if it’s one of the biggest cities in Alaska, I don’t think it’s exactly a metropolis.

Danny was born and bred in Fairbanks and he left only for a short period during college; while away he “experimented” his gay nature, and he is not repentant, only maybe a little scared by the possible rejec
Jimmy Hanson
Although well-written, I found the plot and the characters - and their views - all a bit crass. Danny may question some things but not for long, and is apparently so taken with the fine pieces of ass in his home, he has no worries about being held prisoner and held sexually captive.
As for Brandon and Justin, they are a couple and compliment each other pretty well, but there really wasn't enough space or time to get a feel for them as individuals. I had to reread sentences or whole paragraphs a f
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
The author writes some great descriptions of Alaska in this story, and it is the perfect place to find wolf shifters like Brandon and Justin. Danny’s loneliness and frustration at being in the closet are evident and well described. There are many and varied sex scenes in the story, but the plot is a bit thin. Brandon and Justin are strong and sexy and committed to each other, but somehow Danny just does not fit until the very end.

Maura
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Full Review: http:
Ayanna
Feb 22, 2014 Ayanna marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-read-maybe
Why is the moon sparkling?
Ryoma Gartre
At first i hated it, I hate authoritarian alphas, and the way they treated Danny, like he was inferior by being human, I downright hated them, but then Danny is more easygoing than I really am, so he could subdue to them at first and by doing so they relaxed, as things progrese Justin and specially Brandon turned more likable, and by the end I was very happy with the book, even if it's so short.
Gwengwel
Add the tag rape-present because blackmailing aperson in having sex with you (even if he end up loving it) it's rape. Blaming the victim of his situation is low.
Danny's reaction was unbelievable.
A lot of other thing didn't work for me in this book.
I'v got very mixed feeling about this book. A lot of lying miss trust and secrets. Not sure about logic of the shifters and Danny finally falling for them but at least their was a HEA of sorts.
Lilladii
Aug 10, 2013 Lilladii marked it as to-read
Saw the name Fairbanks Alaska and thought finally some makes a paranormal book with the Squarebanks... The only (yes lame) reason I even considered this book. Whoop whoop what a let down!!!
Timeforme
The concept was interesting but the characters and plot did not carry through very well.
Cole Riann
Second Read: Finished! (Dec. 3, 2011)

First Read: DNF on July 27, 2011
Summer
This short was packed with loads of hot m/m/m lovin'!
Clover
nice menage shifters story.
Avril
2 1/2 stars
Dpgblover
Dpgblover marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Nici
Nici is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2014
Taylor Moses
Taylor Moses marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Ådny L.
Ådny L. marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Faliha
Faliha marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Water
Water added it
Oct 28, 2014
New Halloween Kink From Cheryl Dragon 1 3 Oct 27, 2011 10:07AM
Cheryl Dragon Kicks Off A New Erotic Sci Fi Series 1 5 Sep 15, 2011 08:48AM
New Release Kicks Off New Series For Cheryl Dragon 1 6 Jan 13, 2011 08:14AM
  • Dolphin Dreams
  • Exploring Limits (Exploring Limits, #1)
  • Touch My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves, #2)
  • My Little Kitty (Purrfect Mates, #2)
  • Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1)
  • Marrick's Promise (Thrown to the Lions, #2)
  • Sleepless Knights (Knights, #2)
  • Duck Fart (Del Fantasma)
  • Volley Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #1)
  • Knox (Zeus's Pack, #3)
  • Midnight Howl (Hoosier Werewolf, #1)
  • Asylum (Sanctuary, #2)
  • Fangs, Fur and Snowballs (Lost Shifters, #15)
  • Dragon Blood
  • Goldilocks and His Three Bears (Goldilocks #1)
  • Sandpipers' Secrets (Sandpipers, #1)
  • Summer Surrender (Phases, #6)
  • Relentless (Southwestern Shifters, #2)
A lover of unusual things, Cheryl Dragon enjoys writing unique stories with sinfully hot erotic romance or suspenseful mainstream paranormals. Never at a loss for ideas, there are plenty of stories in her brain waiting to be written. Her two favorites book settings are Las Vegas and New Orleans...where anything can happen!

Cheryl lives in the Chicagoland area with her deaf albino cat. By day she c
More about Cheryl Dragon...
Fly Boys Joining The Party (Lucky Springs, #1) Birthday Party Surprise (Lucky Springs, #2) Arresting Abby Her Boyfriend’s Boyfriend