Start by marking “Nip, Tuck, Dead (Pauline Sokol, #5)” as Want to Read:
Nip, Tuck, Dead (Pauline Sokol, #5)

Nip, Tuck, Dead (Pauline Sokol Mystery #5)

Ex-nurse-turned-insurance fraud investigator Pauline Sokol's willing to risk anything to put a bad doc out of business—even her best friend Goldie's near-perfect proboscis! Her cross-dressing compadre has agreed to get his shnozz bobbed so Pauline can pose as his private nurse and gain entry into Highcliff Manor—a posh plastic surgery "spa" making an illegal killing with t ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published November 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Nip, Tuck, Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nip, Tuck, Dead

Lynn Demsky
Jul 02, 2015 Lynn Demsky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance, comical
“Ex-nurse-turned-insurance fraud investigator Pauline Sokol's willing to risk anything to put a bad doc out of business—even her best friend Goldie's near-perfect proboscis! Her cross-dressing compadre has agreed to get his shnozz bobbed so Pauline can pose as his private nurse and gain entry into Highcliff Manor—a posh plastic surgery "spa" making an illegal killing with their repeat clientele.
But when a super-rich "frequent flier" is unexpectedly widowed—and a receptionist who knows too much i
Purr More
Book #5 in the Pauline Sokol mystery series. Pauline seems to be getting more independent in her investigating skills and is starting to find the clues on her own without Jagger's help all the time. Not that Jagger is out of the story by any means. Though I like this series and see the similaritis to the Stephanie Plum series, Pauline is not quite as "street-smart" as Stephanie and seems more naive...more cutesy if you will, than Stepanie. This book was probably one of my least favorites of the ...more
Sherri
Dec 27, 2015 Sherri rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think I am going to give up on this series. I hate it when an author keeps using the same phrasing throughout. I'm amazed that the main character still has a jaw since her is constantly dropping. She does the same thing with re-occurring themes throughout - as in the heroine can't seem to think straight when there is a handsome man around. She also is incapable of taking care of herself and constantly needs to be rescued by the men in her life.
Mary Z : )
May 16, 2013 Mary Z : ) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-cozy
Good book. It's the first I've read by this author. Definite similarities to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum. The writing isn't as tight, and there were typos and one sentence spoiler where the story got ahead of itself. I'll try a couple more by this author.
Aug 06, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I felt that this book tried to compete with Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and it just didn't make the cut for me. I suppose that someone without prior knowledge of the Plum series might enjoy it.
Mary
Jul 27, 2008 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay. I did not find the characters believable. I couldn't imagine the people having the money to investigate. However, in the world of plastic surgery this sort of thing could indeed happen. The tone of the book is wrong and it just wasn't well written.
Kelli Ferguson
Jan 06, 2010 Kelli Ferguson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny-mysteries
I really liked this book but kinda wanted a bit more between Jagger and Pauline at the end. Just my silly love goosebumps acting up!
Pamela
Jan 02, 2015 Pamela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one wasn't for me. Conversational, chatty, light and I'm sure quite amusing/funny for some, but I just found it didn't have enough to keep me interested in the "mystery".
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2014
Tonia
Tonia rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2012
Belinda Gunn
Belinda Gunn rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2014
Tracie Solarte
Tracie Solarte rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2010
Christie Fanger
Christie Fanger rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Malka Leidner
Malka Leidner rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
Nina Ramirez
Nina Ramirez rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2011
Vera Koonce
Vera Koonce rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Nikki Gordon
Nikki Gordon rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2012
Kimber
Kimber rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2013
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Kesha
Kesha rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2010
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2010
Deborah Beat
Deborah Beat rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Rejane
Rejane rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2008
Magen Arsenault
Magen Arsenault rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2011
Krystal
Krystal rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2017
Pamela Howell
Pamela Howell rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2016
Jeanne Nelson
Jeanne Nelson rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2008
Shanna Meza
Shanna Meza rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sleeping with Beauty (Glass Slipper, Inc., #3)
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Night of the Living Deb (Debutante Dropout, #4)
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Nothing to Fear But Ferrets (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #2)
  • Rules of the Game (Stardust, Texas, #2)
  • Unplugged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #2)
  • The Chick and the Dead (Pepper Martin, #2)
  • She's No Princess (Guilty, #4)
  • Fall Guy (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #7)
  • For Better or Hearse (Annabelle Archer, #2)
  • On the Steamy Side (Recipe for Love, #2)
  • Killer Hair (Crime of Fashion, #1)
  • Bride and Doom (Carnegie Kincaid, #6)
  • The Flaming Luau of Death (Madeline Bean, #7)
  • Murder on a Hot Tin Roof (Paige Turner, #4)
After working thirteen years as a registered nurse, four of which she felt like "Hot Lips Houlihan" while serving in the United States Air Force, Lori Avocato picked up a book and said, "Hm. I can write one of these." Yeah right!

Oh, she wrote several all right--twenty-one to be exact--but getting them published proved to be another matter. Throughout the years, she realized it was not an easy task
More about Lori Avocato...

Pauline Sokol Mystery (7 books)
  • A Dose of Murder (Pauline Sokol, #1)
  • The Stiff and the Dead (Pauline Sokol, #2)
  • One Dead Under the Cuckoo's Nest (Pauline Sokol, #3)
  • Deep Sea Dead (Pauline Sokol, #4)
  • Dead on Arrival (Pauline Sokol, #6)
  • Dead Weight (Pauline Sokol, #7)