Start by marking “Fantasmi da asporto” as Want to Read:
Fantasmi da asporto

Fantasmi da asporto

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,672 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
Le bombe che caddero su Londra crearono molti fantasmi. Fantasmi senza casa: "Fantasmi che si rodevano il fegato nei cinematografi o nelle fabbriche di bottiglie; guerrieri decollati sperduti nei garage aperti 24 ore su 24 e spose insanguinate che viaggiavano notte e giorno sulla metropolitana".

Per fortuna due benefattrici creano l'agenzia Fantasmi da asporto: chiunque de
Paperback, Gl'Istrici #122, 165 pages
Published May 1997 by Salani (first published August 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Fantasmi da asporto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fantasmi da asporto

Beth Bonini
Jan 14, 2012 Beth Bonini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was reading an interview with Eva Ibbotson in which she explained why she liked to write about ghosts and other gruesome or magical creatures. Because she herself was scared by the idea of the supernatural, she wanted to demystify those fears for children. Thus, in her novels, ghosts may be bad -- but only in the bad or unkind way that humans are. (Rest assured there is no TRUE evil, but just lots of greed and selfishness.)

The idea behind this novel is that there is an agency which employs gh
Qt
Oct 24, 2009 Qt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very fun and delightful, full of humor and good-natured ghostly goings-on! Parts are a bit ghoulish but everything is handled so cheerfully that I wasn't grossed out :-) I loved how everything seemed to be so neatly tied together, with no loose ends. A charming book! I'd probably go with 4 1/2 stars, just because there were no characters that *really* stuck out for me--but I don't think that was a fault of the book, just that I didn't find a new favorite character here. However, I may have found ...more
Maggie Mallory
Jul 18, 2008 Maggie Mallory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a little bit childish, but, other than that, it was amazing! I loved it! It is such a touching and sweet story! Very descriptive, and really humorous dialogue and writing throughout! I would recommend this to anyone!
Deb
Sep 06, 2014 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, youth
I'm one of those adults who believe that one is never too old to pick up a children's book and enjoy a good story, an imaginative tale or an old favorite. Dial-A-Ghost was cute, witty and entertaining. There was just enough grossness to keep a young person interested without giving them nightmares. I came away wishing I had the delightful ghost family, the Wilkinsons, hanging out in my home.

"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairytales and I like them best of all." -- Audrey Hepburn
Opat
Jan 12, 2015 Opat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
penuh harap bakal suka dan seru. Suka sih, tapi ya biasa aja, nggak seru-seru amat. Untuk buku yang macam ditujukan untuk anak kecil (bener kan, ya?), cerita ini gimana gitu soalnya ada beberapa cerita si anak mau membunuh orang (hantu?) lain. Duh kok amarah diajarkan begitu frontal, ya?
D.M. Dutcher
Dec 07, 2014 D.M. Dutcher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, classic
The Wilkinson family is your average family living in London during World War 2. A dentist and his wife happily in love with each other, a slightly dotty grandma, a young teen lamenting the girl who turned him down, and a nervous aunt named Trixie. Oh, and their pet budgie.

Then the bombs fall, and now they are ghosts. And that was that.

Cue their lives trying to find a new home to haunt, and their adoption of another animal-loving ghost child named Adopta. Introduce Dial-a-Ghost, a charity run b
Guguk
Dec 25, 2015 Guguk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kukis-gula-merah
Pas nemu buku ini di lapak, nyaris joget-joget-gembira~ (^oo^)

Hantu (lagi!^^) yang membutuhkan tempat tinggal ataupun orang-orang yang mau rumahnya ketempatan hantu bisa menghubungi agen ini!! ^ ^

Dengan semua tokoh-2nya, manusia dan hantu, bacanya kerasa mengalir dan aku lega dengan ending-nya ^_^)

Walau ada hal yang 'mengganjal', yaitu(view spoiler) tapi aku ngerasa mungkin ini salah satu cara Ms. Ibbotson untuk mengingatkan bahwa di tengah kebahagiaan, k
Sarah Crawford
Feb 01, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good and funny book.

First, there's an agency that finds homes for ghosts, which is a somewhat unusual thing to do. There are two primary ghost groups in the book; the Wilkinsons, who are a very nice group of ghosts, and the Shriekers, who are definitely not a nice ghostly duo.

Then there's Oliver, a boy in Children's Home who turns out to be inheriting a rather large, and slightly broken-down, old house. There are also two adults who thought they were going to inherit the house a
Kathryn
I am so very much in love with this book! It's about an agency that arranges "adoptions" for ghosts. On posted days ghosts can come and apply for a family to live with, and on coordinating days humans can come and apply to adopt a ghost or ghost family. This story follows two ghost families in particular. The Wilkinsons were killed during the London Blitz and consist of a mother, father, son, grandmother, and little girl. They're your typical downhome family. The other family are known as The Sh ...more
Treasure
Apr 30, 2008 Treasure rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Treasure by: Nancy Pew
Shelves: children-s-books
What a cute, silly, scary story! Perfect for elementary to middle schoolers, particularly boys and anyone who enjoys the darker, snider side of A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Dexter
Jan 27, 2014 Dexter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's hardly a work of art, but it has a certain charm and sense of fun. It's hard to tell if the ghosts are thought-out or not, but either way they're fairly consistent and the story is purely for fun, not really for philosophy or deep thought.

Also, the end of the Shriekers is a little... convenient. But other than that, I actually really like the ending. It's very fitting for the story.

So while most of the book is all fun and ghostly adventures, I must say that the Shriekers are pretty darn ter
Eugenia
Mar 19, 2016 Eugenia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel-buku-anak
Yang paling mengasyikkan membaca fantasi luar adalah ceritanya yang benar-benar fantasi. Hantu-hantu di kehidupan manusia? Mengapa tidak? Agen hantu nggak pernah ada? Nah, sekarang ada. Hehe ...
Meski begitu, menurut saya, logikanya tetap bisa diterima loh. Misalnya, bukankah kita juga sering membicarakan "penunggu rumah" di masing-masing tempat? Dan tentang beberapa orang yang bisa melihat hantu, sementara yang lain tidak. Nah, Dial A Ghost bercerita tentang itu.
Menariknya, dikemas dalam cerita
Fadhilatul
Jun 10, 2013 Fadhilatul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Dilihat dari judulnya novel ini jelas-jelas bercerita tentang hantu. Namun bukan sembarang cerita hantu, yang satu ini dijamin tidak akan membuat kita ketakutam ketika kita ingin ke kamar mandi atau berada di tempat yang gelap dan sepi. Novel ini akan membuat kita melihat sisi humor para hantu. Selain kocak, ada juga bumbu drama yang membuat pembaca menumpahkan sisi simpatinya.

Dua wanita setengah baya, atas dasar simpati dan keprihatinan yang mereka rasakan terhadap hantu-hantu tunawisma, mereka
Eden
Oliver Smith is an orphan who lives at a home in London. Oliver is happy at the Home. He has lots of friends and the staff is nice and caring.
However, he is not too happy to learn that he is now the owner of Helton Hall. Oliver would much rather live at the Home than at Helton Hall.
Oliver's cousins Frieda and Fulton Snodde-Brittle are asked to take care of him while Oliver's guardian is away. Oliver is not happy with his new home. He's left alone most of the time, but he figures his cousins ar
Jackie
Oliver, an orphan living at The Lexington Children's Home, is not your typical waif. He LOVES living with Matron and all the children at the Home. Even though funds are limited, there is plenty of love and fun. But, when Oliver learns he has inherited Helton House (he is a long lost relative of the crusty old Snodde-Brittles), he is devastated. He longs to stay with the children.

His evil, yet sickenly sweet on the outside, cousins, Fulton and Frieda Snodde-Brittle, arrive to take Oliver to his
Charity
Oct 17, 2013 Charity rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
As you might have guessed from the title, this wasn't a life-changing read. But it was a fun read-aloud. I thought it was a little gruesome (perhaps overly so) in some parts, but that might just have been because I always read it while eating lunch. The kids loved it, though, so I've chosen to see the gruesomeness as Roald-Dahl-esque, which it is. It's funny, though because this is just the kind of book I would have loved at my daughter's age (8 years). A year older, and I was reading vampire st ...more
Namratha
Frieda and Fulton Snodde-Brittle are bursting with joy. Finally the rather gloomy but majestic Helton Hall seems to be theirs. But before they can savour their inheritance, they have to deal with the sole surviving Snodde-Brittle, a small orphan called Oliver Smith who lives in a children’s home in London.

Oliver, an asthamatic and frail child is not exactly keen at the prospect of leaving his orphanage friends and taking up residence at the sinister Helton Hall. And Fulton and Frieda sense the p
L.
I don't even remember the whole book precisely, whether it has magnificent writing or what, but this one has a special place in my heart. Every time I remember about it, there's this tingling feeling inside me. I remember this as a melancholic book. What I love the most about the book, or at least from what I can remember, is the relationship between the ghosts and the kid. It was somehow bittersweet and heartwarming for me back then and the memory of the feeling still linger on me.
Erin Reilly-Sanders
For various reasons, I was drawn to this quick and delightful read about a orphaned boy-heir to an estate and a family of ghosts who are, of course, brought together over the course of the book. Mostly I was into a harmless fun read without too much "fluff." Packed with typical plot devices such as the greedy uncle and aunt who wish to steel the estate, feeling that they are the "rightful" heirs, this book still maintains a good deal of innovation as it describes a system of ghosts and two goodl ...more
L Duarte
Dial-a-Ghost, I give this book a 3 star, this book is about mystery of ghosts and how you can adopt one for other ghosts or a human. In the book two of the characters Miss Mannering and Miss Pringle are agency ladies of the Adoption Center. They help a girl called Adopta to find a new home for her. I gave this book 3 stars because it's not a book for me, but it can be a book for you if you like mystery and advantures.
Dharia Scarab
Jul 18, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Myself, I go ou
Soobie's heartbroken
A tredici anni, Soobie scriveva:
Bel libro. I Wilkinson divennero fantasmi durante la Seconda Guerra mondiale. Così vagarono per 50 anni a Londra, dove videro un'agenzia che adottava fantasmi. Loro furono destinati ad un concerto ma per un disguido andarono in un castello...

Bah, questo attacco di passato-remotite non ha molto senso... ^__^
Kaethe
The Possum didn't want to give up her reading time, but she didn't want to read anything else, and she knew we were going to the library today, so...a re-read.

The PandaBat was a tad put out because she was making a plot guess and we would neither confirm nor deny. Well, we told her, it's been a while, and we can't remember what happens.

Which was true, because I'd forgotten about the knicker shop. Ha!
Adrienne Cox
Jan 18, 2015 Adrienne Cox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another one of those books that I still remember from my childhood and that I felt I had to read again as an adult. It's very delightful and has a super cute ending. It is different than most children's books which is part of why I love this book so much. It is unique and funny and I highly reccomend it.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This is a cute book!

Oliver has inherited Heloton Hall. He is an orphan and has been living in a wonderful orphanage. He has several friends and a loving caretaker. He doesn't want to move, he does't want to become the owner of an estate.

Here the evil, greedy relatives come in, Fulton and Frieda Snodde-Brittle. They figure that they can get rid of Oliver by going to the Dial-a-Ghost agency and having evil ghosts move in. Oliver has asthma and they think a good scare will do him in.

Someone at the
Kendyl
Feb 26, 2014 Kendyl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with Eva Ibbotson's books over the summer and this one, though written for kids, will make anyone laugh. You'll feel sorry for pretty much every character in here, but you start to love them and, well, I loved this book!
Indah Threez Lestari
Sendirian di rumah besar dan perlu teman, tak peduli berwujud atau tidak? Hubungi Dial-A-Ghost! Baru dibaca setelah dicuekin setahun, ternyata seru!

Ada Shriekers, sepasang hantu yang gemar meneror anak-anak, ada Keluarga Wilkinson yang sebelumnya cukup lama menghuni toko pakaian dalam, dan ada Ghostbuster eh yah mirip-mirip itulah yang konon punya EEB (Ectoplasm Eating Bacterium) guna membasmi hantu...

Spoiler:
Tokoh jahat di buku ini belakangan mati dan jadi hantu juga, lantas ditempatkan di to
Haibar Zair
Jul 11, 2014 Haibar Zair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm gonna have my kids read all the Eva Ibbotson books, especially this one. They have it all.

Innocent read, nicely written, wonderful story full with funny ghosts and people
Love it
Tiararisa
Mar 05, 2016 Tiararisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really cute, heartwarming story of a boy and ghosts-who are supposed to scare him (oh he was scared alright). This is a fun, quirky read... And i really like it!
Judy
A reliably entertaining author with a lot of heart. Doesn't wow me with her literary genius but certainly impresses with her prodigious inventiveness and well considered plots.
What's The Name o...: Young Adult Chapter Book W/pictures About Ghosts [s] 5 46 Dec 06, 2011 12:11PM
  • L'incredibile storia di Lavinia
  • The Firework-Maker's Daughter
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • The Cat Who Wished to Be a Man
  • Clair de Lune
  • Blueprint: Blaupause
  • The Birthday Room
  • Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness!
  • Ghost Cadet
  • There's a Dead Person Following My Sister Around
  • Ghostsitters (Araminta Spookie, #5)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy (Sammy Keyes, #3)
  • Minoes
  • Harry and the Wrinklies
  • Magic by the Lake (Tales of Magic, #3)
  • The Dark Secret of Weatherend (Anthony Monday Mysteries, #2)
  • The Witch Family
  • Manolito Gafotas (Manolito Gafotas, #1)
Eva Ibbotson (born Maria Charlotte Michelle Wiesner) was a British novelist specializing in romance and children's fantasy.

Eva Ibbotson was born in Vienna, Austria, in 1925. When Hitler came into power, Ibbotson's family moved to England. She attended Bedford College, graduating in 1945; Cambridge University from 1946-47; and the University of Durham, from which she graduated with a diploma in edu
More about Eva Ibbotson...