Start by marking “Biological Science [with CW+ Grade Tracker Access Card]” as Want to Read:
Biological Science [with CW+ Grade Tracker Access Card]

Biological Science [with CW+ Grade Tracker Access Card]

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  143 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
For courses in general biology for majors. "Biological Science" is a dynamic reference that involves students in the process of scientific discovery. Infused with the spirit of inquiry, "Biological Science" teaches students to think like biologists and prepares them for success in their upper division courses.
Hardcover
Published by Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about Biological Science [with CW+ Grade Tracker Access Card]

Bron Jones
Mar 30, 2011 Bron Jones is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
There should be an "always reading" option.
Elisabeth
May 29, 2016 Elisabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
This is the text for the 200-level Principles of Biology series at my college. If you are taking these courses as prep for upper level biology or biochemistry, then pay attention!

* Be prepared to read. You will benefit from it. If you hate reading the book, then stop reading and focus on your lectures. Don't hate the book because you are uninterested in biology. I know a lot of people have to take biology even though they are not science majors. This book is geared towards science majors.

* This
Timothy Boyd
Very good textbook. Well laid out chapters with nice illustrations. The information is presently well and clearly. Recommended
Victoria
Apr 20, 2013 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really, really, really like this book. As a person that finds science textbooks to be a little intimidating with all of the concepts. like woah science !! I find this book to be more my style. I like that the headings are in question format and there are also highlighted areas of importance. The best part of thid book are the pictures very nice and the questions that are randomly placed. I don't know anyone that reads a biology book like its a classic novel. Its a book you can snuggle up too.. ...more
Alexa
Dec 15, 2012 Alexa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
One of the best textbooks in biology I have encountered thus far. I actually took one of Dr. Freeman's intro to bio course in uni and he made the reading material far more interesting. I suppose some textbooks need to be coupled with an excellent professor to prove to be an astounding text.
W
Apr 30, 2012 W rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
Gosh, I hate this book. I borrowed it from a friend who, while studying, was so frustrated he stabbed the book multiple times with a letter opener. I don't blame him. I hated the class to. Such a drag and I constantly fell asleep. So glad it's behind me now!
Erin
Unlike most other standard first-year biology texts for majors, Freeman has a strong evolutionary approach that interconnects chapter material.
Paula
Dec 07, 2014 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
This is a very comprehensive book on biology. I found it very interesting and it refreshed my memory on a lot of topics.
Kristi
Dec 07, 2011 Kristi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Decent textbook on biology, but some detail and exhaustive explanations are lacking in the text and diagrams.
Luisa
Dec 07, 2012 Luisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
This is how exciting my life is right now...
Adela Chovancova
My text for bio-class at Harvard.
Kyle Gebhard
Dec 03, 2013 Kyle Gebhard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school-books
torture reading this.
Igor
Igor marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Westcoast_girl
Westcoast_girl rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Karic Tusse
Karic Tusse rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Sarahjane Custodio
Sarahjane Custodio marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Laura Jenkins
Laura Jenkins is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2016
Muhammad Khalid
Muhammad Khalid is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2016
Ali Raza
Ali Raza marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Jennifer rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2016
Elena Aizen
Elena Aizen rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
John Turmelle
John Turmelle marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Jean Santillan
Jean Santillan marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Paul Harris
Paul Harris marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Ban
Ban marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Brock's Biology Of Microorganisms
  • Biology
  • Why We Hurt: The Natural History of Pain
  • Trail Guide to the Body: How to locate the body's muscles, bones and more (Third Edition)
  • Molecular Biology of the Gene
  • Foundations in Microbiology
  • Chemistry and Chemical Reactivity (with General ChemistryNOW CD-ROM)
  • Principles of Development
  • Molecular Biology
  • Junqueira's Basic Histology: Text and Atlas, 12th Edition [With CDROM]
  • Biotechnology: An Introduction, Updated Edition (with InfoTrac)
  • Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Microbiology
  • Review of Medical Physiology
  • Molecular Biology of the Cell
  • Physiology of Behavior
  • Biology
  • Organic Chemistry
  • A Brief History of Science
More about Scott Freeman...