Start by marking “The Daddy Diaries (Harlequin Romance, #4228)” as Want to Read:
The Daddy Diaries (Harlequin Romance, #4228)

The Daddy Diaries (Harlequin Romance, #4228)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  8 reviews
She thinks I'm a hero…

But I'm only a former cop, out of the rescue business for a long time now. Still, I couldn't leave Caro Franklin stranded in a snowstorm. Even if bringing that beautiful lady to my home meant my family—and yes, maybe I, too—would immediately fall in love with her.

So we just met. We still have…something. In spite of those "family obligations" of hers t
Paperback, Larger Print, 192 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Daddy Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Daddy Diaries

RLA
The heroine Caro has been trying to get her life back after separating from her controlling husband, however due to him threatening to get full custody of their son she is on the verge of going back to him. During her journey to his home she is involved in a car accident due to a snow storm, where she is rescued by Jake, the hero. Jake offers her a place to stay at his inn he is refurbishing while her car is being fixed, his family are also there visiting. Jake moved to Vermont after a traumatic ...more
Dalia
Jake rescues Caro after her car is stuck in a blizzard. She stays a few days at the inn, with jake and his lovely family.
Jake, a former cop whose reputation was wrongly ruined, is hiding in the old inn he’s restoring. Caro is forced to return to her manipulative husband who threatens to take her son away from her if she doesn't go back to him.
Falling in love, Jake realizes he can't keep hiding forever & decides to fight to clear his reputation, and Caro finds the strength to stand to her h
Natālija
"The Daddy Diaries" is not your usual Harlequin Romance book. It's much more darker and at times I found myself wondering if there can be a HEA. Luckily, Ms. Braun did a great job of portraying her characters' growth and at the end I had no doubts that Jake & Caro will finally be happy.
Cecilia
This is one of those stories where the bulk of the book occurs over an extremely short period of time. It's hard to believe that a relationship of substance can be properly established (that the best part of the story has been told) in such a short period of time. The cover and description are even somewhat misleading, because the little boy doesn't even meet the hero until the last half-dozen pages. A nice book, but unconvincing.
Sara
I listened to this ebook and it was all right. The issue I had with it is that it started to get interesting, and then it was done. I was like--epilogue? Did I miss a couple chapters? Then as the epilogue was read I realized I didn't miss chapters, it just ended. Everything wrapped up in the epilogue, but it could have used a couple chapters to make it more interesting.
clean romance.
Liz
3.5

Very, very light, feel good story.

Short and easy to listen to.

There is much of the deeper relationship that is only mentioned or alluded to, but in a way I appreciated it, the author focused on some turning points but did allow for time and development of the relationship "not in the book"..
Sharni Benson
This was my first audio book, a little dodgily read at times but overall quite good. The story was predictable and the writing a bit iffy, but it's a Mill's and Boon so kind of expected. Still, i enjoyed the story.
Whitney
Review on my blog soon :)
Jen B
Jen B added it
Jan 22, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Nov 23, 2014
Tajera Rose
Tajera Rose marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Liz
Liz added it
Nov 13, 2014
Ai3eer
Ai3eer marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Ayelin
Ayelin added it
Jun 11, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Apr 19, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Anne Douma
Anne Douma is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2014
Kelly J
Kelly J marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

After graduating from Central Michigan University with a degree in journalism, Jackie Braun worked at newspapers for nearly 17 years, 11 of those years as an award-winning editorial writer for The Flint Journal in Michigan, where she was also the first female editorial writer in the newspaper’s history.

She sold her first book to Silhouette Romance in late 1999 and started writing under the Harlequ
More about Jackie Braun...
Boardroom Baby Surprise Expecting A Miracle Must Like Kids Mr. Right There All Along After the Party