Start by marking “Ceremonies Of The Seasons: Exploring And Celebrating Nature's Eternal Cycle” as Want to Read:
Ceremonies Of The Seasons: Exploring And Celebrating Nature's Eternal Cycle

Ceremonies Of The Seasons: Exploring And Celebrating Nature's Eternal Cycle

'Ceremonies of the Seasons' is a celebration of the rituals that lie behind the calendar. It is the perfect book for all lovers of nature and rural traditions, as well as anyone intrigued by myth, symbolism and ceremony.
Unknown Binding
Published April 15th 2007 by Duncan Baird

To ask other readers questions about Ceremonies Of The Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ceremonies Of The Seasons

tequila Corbly
Sep 13, 2013 tequila Corbly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People wanting to research Religion and Holiday Celebrations
It's an excellently written book that gives small and easy to understand details of the different ways the seasons and their changes are celebrated around the world and through history. The illustrations are gorgeous, and the photographs were selected to work with the text.

While it does give basics, I will recommend finding further details on ceremonies if you would like to learn more about them. It contains several variants of the Wheel of the Year that highlight the season, and different holid
Kelley
Feb 17, 2009 Kelley rated it it was amazing
This book is so interesting! It's fun to learn about where our traditions come from. If I ever go on jeopardy, I am going to know some great trivia facts. The book is written in a clear but intelligent style. The pictures and marginal notes help make it not a dry read, although it is information dense.
Paula Mitchell
Jun 29, 2013 Paula Mitchell rated it really liked it
Lovely, illustrated overview of basic history of seasonal celebrations across various cultural traditions. Useful as a reference, but not a deep study of any one tradition or holiday. Those with more than a casual interest in the history of our holidays and festivals will want to seek additional resources.
Ralph
Oct 26, 2008 Ralph rated it liked it
I enjoy the books setup. I can read a new chapter during each new season. It has recipes, folklore, history, invocations...a potpourri of different cultures and ideas for watching nature work her magic. Jumps around a bit too much for my liking, but I love the ideas they give, and I still use the book frequently.
Johnna
Jan 11, 2011 Johnna rated it liked it
I thought I would get more out of this in terms of the wheel of life but it's pretty generic. Good resource for basic questions.
Laura Jackson
May 25, 2012 Laura Jackson rated it liked it
Shelves: own-copy
This is a good general book; I liked that it went into all forms of festivals. The artwork was fantastic and beautiful :) I used this for my Research Project and it was a great starter.
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2013
littlegworld
littlegworld rated it did not like it
Oct 24, 2016
Shy Rose
Shy Rose rated it liked it
May 23, 2011
Annette
Annette rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2012
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Kendra
Read 10/1/2009

Re-read 7/29/14
Sheilla
Sheilla rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Rua
Rua rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2012
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2011
Momo
Momo rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2008
Chrysti Tovani
Chrysti Tovani rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Robin Blake
Robin Blake rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Maneki
Maneki rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
Beth
Jan 13, 2008 Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: nature, metaphysical
Basic ritual recommendations for year-round. Beautifully illustrated.
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2014
Sally
Sally rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Haliation
Haliation rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2010
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2009
Gaya Arasaratnam
Gaya Arasaratnam rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2013
Robin Fiedler
Robin Fiedler rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014