Start by marking “Action Research” as Want to Read:
Action Research

Action Research

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Community-based action research seeks to involve as active participants those who have traditionally been called subjects. This book provides a a simple but highly effective model for approaching action research. The author describes a simple and effective model for approaching action research: "Look" - building a picture and gathering information; "Think" - interpreting a ...more
Published June 29th 1999 by Sage Publications, Inc (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Action Research, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Action Research

Apeeters
Stringer writes with passion and enthusiasm about ways to help people become better problem solvers. His approach to action research "Look, Think, Act" is a simple, but effective way of gathering information about the problem, analysing that information, and then formulating a plan of action based on that analysis. Good advice and useful procedures for anybody looking to improve the systems or societies they are working with.
Melissa Lee-tammeus
I expected to hate this book and I ended up carrying it everywhere with me while doing a work project. This book helped me focus on true real life research with researcher involvement. I am still using it and the class is over. If you are going to be working with the community, doing research, or wondering how to get involved in the most productive way possible this is a must have.
Marc
While I did appreciate the theory and philosophy section of the book, I felt that the process section (the bulk of the book) was far too long and drawn out. Likely my perception of the book was tainted given that it was "required reading."
Dawn
Great book for the basics great book if you are looking for guidance on how to put together an action research proposal.
Helen Perks
great general ref for action research. Good models for setting up studies, writing reports
Ana Maria
Excelente libro de investigación-acción... muy práctico y aplicable.
Beth A. Zullo
Beth A. Zullo marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Laurel
Laurel added it
Nov 29, 2014
Violette
Violette marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Igor Bernardes
Igor Bernardes marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Keach
Keach added it
Dec 22, 2014
Kenya
Kenya marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Joymee
Joymee marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Nicola Taylor
Nicola Taylor marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Michael R Berta
Michael R Berta is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2014
Rub
Rub marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Integrating Teaching, Learning, and Action Research: Enhancing Instruction in the K-12 Classroom Bundle: Creswell: Research Design 3e + Maxwell: Qualitative Research Design 3e + Stringer: Action Research 3e Community Based Ethnography: Breaking Traditional Boundaries Of Research, Teaching, And Learning Bundle: Maxwell, Qualitative Research Design 2e + Creswell, Research Design 3e + Action Research 3e Bundle: Creswell: Research Design 4e ] Maxwell: Qualitative Research Design 3e + Stringer: Action Research 4e