Start by marking “How Plato and Pythagoras Can Save Your Life: The Ancient Greek Prescription for Health and Happiness” as Want to Read:

The Ancient Greek Prescription for Health and Happiness. .
Published April 1st 2011 by Conari Press (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about How Plato and Pythagoras Can Save Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Plato and Pythagoras Can Save Your Life

Rhonda Hankins
a fun read, though it makes me wish i lived near a body of water.

very much off topic: reading about pythagoras reminded that he and his buddies desperately loathed beans. here is one of my favorite quotes, not from this book so i give nothing away: Wretches, utter wretches, keep your hands from beans. it sounds like a monty python sketch, doesn't it?
Glenn H
Jun 30, 2011 Glenn H rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Half way through this book and I'm not sure I'll finish it. He has spent the first half defending his mystical views against science (with some very specious arguments). I am yet to know what those views are. It's like a bad mystery. It's taken so long to find out what the mystery is, that I'm not even sure I care to find out how it ends.

----------
I finished it. It is a very poorly argued book. His basic premise I'd that science doesn't know everything. But then goes on to say that since science
Deanna
Feb 23, 2014 Deanna rated it did not like it
Shelves: philosophy
I've been studying a lot of Greek philosophy lately so I was happy to know about the people and ideas he was talking about. A year ago these ideas would have been over my head.

I disagreed with his conclusions in most cases and I also felt he misrepresented or guessed a lot.

He goes about searching for truth completely different than I do. He looks to the Greeks to form his truth while I know truth (as revealed by god) and read Greek philosophy to help explain that truth.
Jennifer Garshofsky
Jennifer Garshofsky rated it it was ok
May 23, 2014
Kristie
Kristie rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2011
Ben
Ben rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2013
John Banner
John Banner rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Lex
Lex rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Nimboo
Nimboo rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2013
Jax
Jax rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Chad
Chad rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Hope
Hope rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2011
Elva
Elva rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Richard Cho
Richard Cho rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2012
Zack
Zack rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Brent
Brent rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2011
Brian
Brian rated it did not like it
Jan 11, 2013
Harish Venugopal
Harish Venugopal rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Frankie
Frankie rated it did not like it
Nov 08, 2012
Saumya
Saumya rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2012
John Mathis
John Mathis rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Brian Weaver
Brian Weaver rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2016
Shanda Stefanson
Shanda Stefanson rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2013
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Joseph
Joseph rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Larry Lowndes
Larry Lowndes rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Kate Wolf
Kate Wolf rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2015
Dave Oleksy
Dave Oleksy rated it really liked it
May 19, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Dr. Nicholas Kardaras is an internationally renowned speaker, one of the country’s foremost addiction experts, the Executive Director of the Dunes in East Hampton NY—one of the world’s top rehabs, and the founder and Executive Director of Hamptons Discovery--a progressive adolescent treatment program. A former Clinical Professor at Stony Brook Medicine, he has also taught neuropsychology at the ...more
More about Nicholas Kardaras...