Catch That Pass!

Catch That Pass!

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Only one thing keeps Jim from being the best linebacker in the team - his fear of getting tackled. But his friend Chuckie knows Jim isn't a coward. With Chuckie's special courage as an example, can Jim find the strength to face his fears head-on?
Published December 19th 2009 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 1969)

Nicholas Walters
I read “Catch That Pass” by Matt Christopher. “Catch That Pass,” was a book about Jim Nardi, who is a very good football player for the Vulcans, but he has a problem. He is afraid to take a hit. He is a linebacker and he loves hitting people, but when he intercepts a pass, he drops it because he was going to get hit. His brother Doug, the coach for the Vulcans, had the same problem when he was Jim’s age. Jim wants to be the best he can be, and he knows to do that he has to overcome his fear. Jim...more
Spencer G
I liked the book it was very funny at some points and very frustrating. If anyone is looking for a football book that is fun to read I recommend this book to all those people. This book is one of the best football book I have read in my life. You will have to read into this book to under stand it. This isn’t one of those books that you can read the first chapter and tell if its good or not you will have to read the whole book. I can tell you right now its not a thriller that will keep you on the...more
Lucas H
I gave this book 4 stars it is a really good book. It is mostly about football. I can relate to it because I played football before. If you don’t think this book is good I would recommend this book to see what you think of it. You might change your mind about it. I think you should read this book.
Victor
I think Jim with a lot of practice will be able to catch that pass so he can make a touch down becuase with the hard work he's doing and the his love for foot ball I think or am posititve that he mite be able to catch that pass and get his first touchdown ever!!!!!
Troyh
I gave this book 2 stars because I didn't like it very much. One reason is because it wasn't very interesting. Another reason is that the plot wasn't exciting. Also the characters weren't very good. Lastly, the book didn't make sense.
Tyler Frazier
I loved this book it is aboout a football player named Jim Nardi who is an excellent linebacker who plays for the Vulcans. Jim has a problem that he tries to fix. He is afraid to catch the ball and get tackled.
Cynthia E Sherman
Great scenes. I loved how the readers were given an insight into Jim's mind and what he was thinking and feeling. The readers will love this and all of the action within these pages. I enjoyed this very much.
Aedan
I think this book shows a lot about the main characters personality. It is about a kid that every time a ball is thrown at him he stops because he is afraid to get hit. Does he get over that or not?
Jordan arieno
I've been trying to read this book but I just havent had the time I've been caught up with everything. This book looks like I would like it!
Catherine  Mustread
Great kids sports writer!
Kady Zoucha
Kady Zoucha marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Paula Kindelspire
Paula Kindelspire marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Zac
Zac marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Ryan C
Ryan C marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Matt Christopher is the writer young readers turn to when they're looking for fast-paced, action-packed sports novels. He is the best-selling author of more than one hundred sports books for young readers.

Matt Christopher is America's bestselling sports writer for children, with more than 100 books and sales approaching six million copies. In 1992, Matt Christopher talked about being a children's...more
More about Matt Christopher...
The Kid Who Only Hit Homers Return of the Home Run Kid Catcher with a Glass Arm Tough to Tackle Ice Magic