Start by marking “Catch That Pass!” as Want to Read:
Catch That Pass!

Catch That Pass!

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  190 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Only one thing keeps Jim from being the best linebacker in the team - his fear of getting tackled. But his friend Chuckie knows Jim isn't a coward. With Chuckie's special courage as an example, can Jim find the strength to face his fears head-on?
Published December 19th 2009 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about Catch That Pass!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch That Pass!

Collin Jorgensen
The book I read was "Catch that pass!" by Matt Christopher. I liked this book because it deals with football. The position the main character plays is a position I would enjoy playing. I liked this book really well.

This book was about a 13 year old boy named Jim. Jim played linebacker for his school and was very talented. There was one thing about Jim that no other linebacker did... He didn't like being tackled. In one of his games, Jim was playing really well. Jim would intercept the ball a lot
Nicholas Walters
I read “Catch That Pass” by Matt Christopher. “Catch That Pass,” was a book about Jim Nardi, who is a very good football player for the Vulcans, but he has a problem. He is afraid to take a hit. He is a linebacker and he loves hitting people, but when he intercepts a pass, he drops it because he was going to get hit. His brother Doug, the coach for the Vulcans, had the same problem when he was Jim’s age. Jim wants to be the best he can be, and he knows to do that he has to overcome his fear. Jim ...more
Alwaits232
Sep 09, 2014 Alwaits232 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Catching that pass is about a guy name Jim.Jim is the star linebacker that got hands..Jim have one big Promble he scared of getting tackle.
Cole S
It was about footballl.so I like that book.
Spencer G
I liked the book it was very funny at some points and very frustrating. If anyone is looking for a football book that is fun to read I recommend this book to all those people. This book is one of the best football book I have read in my life. You will have to read into this book to under stand it. This isn’t one of those books that you can read the first chapter and tell if its good or not you will have to read the whole book. I can tell you right now its not a thriller that will keep you on the ...more
Lucas H
I gave this book 4 stars it is a really good book. It is mostly about football. I can relate to it because I played football before. If you don’t think this book is good I would recommend this book to see what you think of it. You might change your mind about it. I think you should read this book.
Victor
I think Jim with a lot of practice will be able to catch that pass so he can make a touch down becuase with the hard work he's doing and the his love for foot ball I think or am posititve that he mite be able to catch that pass and get his first touchdown ever!!!!!
Troyh
I gave this book 2 stars because I didn't like it very much. One reason is because it wasn't very interesting. Another reason is that the plot wasn't exciting. Also the characters weren't very good. Lastly, the book didn't make sense.
Tyler Frazier
I loved this book it is aboout a football player named Jim Nardi who is an excellent linebacker who plays for the Vulcans. Jim has a problem that he tries to fix. He is afraid to catch the ball and get tackled.
Cynthia E Sherman
Great scenes. I loved how the readers were given an insight into Jim's mind and what he was thinking and feeling. The readers will love this and all of the action within these pages. I enjoyed this very much.
Aedan
I think this book shows a lot about the main characters personality. It is about a kid that every time a ball is thrown at him he stops because he is afraid to get hit. Does he get over that or not?
Jordan arieno
I've been trying to read this book but I just havent had the time I've been caught up with everything. This book looks like I would like it!
Catherine  Mustread
Great kids sports writer!
Kevin Es
Kevin Es marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Steven Noone
Steven Noone marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Ryan
Ryan added it
Mar 12, 2015
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Eric Hamilton
Eric Hamilton is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2015
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Nathan
Nathan is currently reading it
Feb 10, 2015
Cooper
Cooper marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Johnathan
Johnathan marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
  • Two-Minute Drill (Comeback Kids)
  • The Million Dollar Shot (The Million Dollar Series #1)
  • Who Was Babe Ruth?
  • Nasty, Stinky Sneakers
  • Pinch Hit
  • The Tale of Despereaux: The Graphic Novel
  • Herbert's Wormhole
  • Tallahassee Higgins
  • The Not-So-Jolly Roger (Time Warp Trio #2)
  • Kickoff!
  • Scout (The Puppy Place, #7)
  • Along Came a Dog
  • God Gave Us You
  • Ricky Ricotta Y El Poderoso Robot (Ricky Ricotta, #1)
  • Junie B.'s Essential Survival Guide to School (Junie B. Jones)
Matt Christopher is the writer young readers turn to when they're looking for fast-paced, action-packed sports novels. He is the best-selling author of more than one hundred sports books for young readers.

Matt Christopher is America's bestselling sports writer for children, with more than 100 books and sales approaching six million copies. In 1992, Matt Christopher talked about being a children's
More about Matt Christopher...
The Kid Who Only Hit Homers Return of the Home Run Kid Catcher with a Glass Arm Tough to Tackle Ice Magic