Start by marking “Catch That Pass!” as Want to Read:
Catch That Pass!

Catch That Pass!

Only one thing keeps Jim from being the best linebacker in the team - his fear of getting tackled. But his friend Chuckie knows Jim isn't a coward. With Chuckie's special courage as an example, can Jim find the strength to face his fears head-on?
Published December 19th 2009 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about Catch That Pass!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch That Pass!

Collin Jorgensen
The book I read was "Catch that pass!" by Matt Christopher. I liked this book because it deals with football. The position the main character plays is a position I would enjoy playing. I liked this book really well.

This book was about a 13 year old boy named Jim. Jim played linebacker for his school and was very talented. There was one thing about Jim that no other linebacker did... He didn't like being tackled. In one of his games, Jim was playing really well. Jim would intercept the ball a lot
Nicholas Walters
Nov 11, 2013 Nicholas Walters rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read “Catch That Pass” by Matt Christopher. “Catch That Pass,” was a book about Jim Nardi, who is a very good football player for the Vulcans, but he has a problem. He is afraid to take a hit. He is a linebacker and he loves hitting people, but when he intercepts a pass, he drops it because he was going to get hit. His brother Doug, the coach for the Vulcans, had the same problem when he was Jim’s age. Jim wants to be the best he can be, and he knows to do that he has to overcome his fear. Jim ...more
Trevor Flease
May 20, 2015 Trevor Flease rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catch that Pass was an awesome book. Jim is one of the best linebackers his school has seen. The only thing that keeps him from being the greatest is that he is scared of being tackled. While playing defense he would drop an interception just so he does not have to get tackled. He is afraid that he will get hurt and not be able to play anymore. His friends then picked on him during school. They called him a chicken and a wimp. Chuckie was their to help him overcome his fear. He did not like seei ...more
Joey Oborne
Good book!!!
Spencer G
I liked the book it was very funny at some points and very frustrating. If anyone is looking for a football book that is fun to read I recommend this book to all those people. This book is one of the best football book I have read in my life. You will have to read into this book to under stand it. This isn’t one of those books that you can read the first chapter and tell if its good or not you will have to read the whole book. I can tell you right now its not a thriller that will keep you on the ...more
Carter Dittmann
Oct 25, 2016 Carter Dittmann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Personal Response:
I thought this was a good book because it talks about courage. When the boy in the story has little to no courage at all because he is afraid of getting hit. When he finally developed enough strength to catch a pass and run with it for the winning touchdown. He celebrates for the touchdown and gets a penalty for it and the touchdown is called back
Victor
Sep 29, 2011 Victor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think Jim with a lot of practice will be able to catch that pass so he can make a touch down becuase with the hard work he's doing and the his love for foot ball I think or am posititve that he mite be able to catch that pass and get his first touchdown ever!!!!!
Lucas H
Oct 19, 2010 Lucas H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book 4 stars it is a really good book. It is mostly about football. I can relate to it because I played football before. If you don’t think this book is good I would recommend this book to see what you think of it. You might change your mind about it. I think you should read this book.
Troyh
Sep 21, 2009 Troyh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book 2 stars because I didn't like it very much. One reason is because it wasn't very interesting. Another reason is that the plot wasn't exciting. Also the characters weren't very good. Lastly, the book didn't make sense.
Tyler Frazier
Jan 21, 2011 Tyler Frazier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book it is aboout a football player named Jim Nardi who is an excellent linebacker who plays for the Vulcans. Jim has a problem that he tries to fix. He is afraid to catch the ball and get tackled.
Family McNamara
Oct 21, 2015 Family McNamara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finn: This is a book for kids who love sports and who enjoy reading about football. The best part is when Jim finally catches that pass. It's cool because it feels like you're in the book watching the football game.
Cynthia E Sherman
Jun 17, 2012 Cynthia E Sherman rated it it was amazing
Great scenes. I loved how the readers were given an insight into Jim's mind and what he was thinking and feeling. The readers will love this and all of the action within these pages. I enjoyed this very much.
Alwaits232
Sep 09, 2014 Alwaits232 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Catching that pass is about a guy name Jim.Jim is the star linebacker that got hands..Jim have one big Promble he scared of getting tackle.
Jordan arieno
Feb 04, 2010 Jordan arieno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been trying to read this book but I just havent had the time I've been caught up with everything. This book looks like I would like it!
Aedan
Nov 02, 2012 Aedan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book shows a lot about the main characters personality. It is about a kid that every time a ball is thrown at him he stops because he is afraid to get hit. Does he get over that or not?
Joey Khan
Joey Khan rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2014
Steven (Stev)
Steven (Stev) rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2010
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2016
John
John rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Quoshon Gillespie
Quoshon Gillespie rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Ethan Z.
Ethan Z. rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2011
Kenny
Kenny rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2008
Luke
Luke rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2013
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2012
Seth
Seth rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2017
Matt Coburn
Matt Coburn rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2009
Rylan
Rylan rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2011
Kaiden Lang
Kaiden Lang rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Mason Blair
Mason Blair rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2015
  • Two-Minute Drill (Comeback Kids)
  • The Million Dollar Shot (The Million Dollar Series, #1)
  • Nasty, Stinky Sneakers
  • The Tale of Despereaux: The Graphic Novel
  • Pinch Hit
  • Who Was Babe Ruth?
  • Herbert's Wormhole
  • Tallahassee Higgins
  • The Not-So-Jolly Roger (Time Warp Trio #2)
  • Patches (The Puppy Place, #8)
  • Along Came a Dog
  • Honey Bunny Funnybunny (Beginner Books)
  • Ricky Ricotta Y El Poderoso Robot (Ricky Ricotta, #1)
  • Kickoff!
  • The Haunting of Grade Three
  • D.W.'s Lost Blankie (D.W. Series)
  • The Undead (Forbidden Doors, #8)
Matt Christopher is the writer young readers turn to when they're looking for fast-paced, action-packed sports novels. He is the best-selling author of more than one hundred sports books for young readers.

Matt Christopher is America's bestselling sports writer for children, with more than 100 books and sales approaching six million copies. In 1992, Matt Christopher talked about being a children's
More about Matt Christopher...