Start by marking “The Final Eclipse (Daughters of the Moon, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Final Eclipse (Daughters of the Moon, #13)

The Final Eclipse (Daughters of the Moon #13)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  2,137 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews

Vanessa, Serena, Jimena, Catty, and Tiana are five seemingly ordinary girls from Los Angeles. But the truth is that they are all far from ordinary. They each have a secret power that separates them from others-and makes them Daughters of the Moon.
Now, on the eve of Vanessa's seventeenth birthday, the Daughters face their final battle against the evil Atrox. But in saving
Published December 18th 2007 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about The Final Eclipse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Eclipse

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Must Read YA Fiction!
441st out of 1,626 books — 2,707 voters
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick RiordanThe Titan's Curse by Rick RiordanThe Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
Books with Greek mythology references
119th out of 403 books — 522 voters

More lists with this book...

Tara Day
Apr 02, 2012 Tara Day rated it really liked it
Finally - this is the ending I was hoping for. Action packed and full of easy going details that really helped the story flow well. Although I would have liked to hear from all of the girls, rather than just having it told in Vanessa's point of view, it still was nice to hear a final goodbye from all of them.

I like the idea that Jimena has plans to train a new round of Daughters. And I like that Vanessa is finally starting to accept her gift and like it, even though it's about time since it's t
Jessica
Jul 20, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young girls
The actual ending to the series that came out years after the other 12. It took me just a little over an hour to finish, but boy am I glad I found it. A very satifying ending to a great series to grow up with.
Mariela
Nov 21, 2008 Mariela rated it really liked it
this book is an interesting book. Its the last book of the series and it is mainly about what the girls choose to be.
Niela Sultana
Feb 26, 2008 Niela Sultana rated it it was amazing
this book was about the final eclipse,not only of the world but also of the daughters of moon and there friendship.
Liz
Jan 31, 2009 Liz rated it it was amazing
i had no idea she made another book! i want to read this so bad!!
Kathryn
Oct 13, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was ok
This was an extremely disappointing end to the whole series. We found out the Sons of the Dark are dead. What was the Legend of Four even supposed to accomplish? Clearly nothing. Lame.

We find out there will be four new daughters, but I bet they're also going to be like... fifteen and sixteen (most likely sixteen because Maddie in Sons of the Dark was CLEARLY meant to be one, and she was already able to drive on her own), so basically, they get one year to figure it all out before they either die
Sam
Jul 12, 2011 Sam rated it really liked it
Shelves: adolescent
I began reading this series about 9 years ago and continued reading as new books came out. Therefore, this review is for the collection as a whole. I have to say that although it has taken a long time to finish, I greatly enjoyed the story. Lynne Ewing's writing, although simple and sometimes repetitive, gave sharp discriptions and decent character development. In general, it was a great teen series. I am very sure, at this point in my life, I would not have the same fulfillment from the series ...more
Cheese
Oct 06, 2010 Cheese rated it did not like it
I cannot BELIEVE that this book has an average rating of over 4 stars!!! COME ON!! I remember randomly grabbing the first book in this series and devoured them all. It took forever for this book to come out, and when it did, it's like she just threw a bunch of crap in there with the intention of tying up loose ends and FAILED. For a series that I loved(and love) so much, I expected so much better from the 'finale.' I was extremely disappointed, to say the least.
Cassie
Aug 18, 2015 Cassie rated it liked it
I didn't like how this story ended! I understand that not everything ends just peachy but its still nice when it does in books. To me a happy ending is a nice little constant in books. I didn't want Catty to die or Jamina and Vanessa to forget. It's just frustrating that Vanessa's the only one left and she won't remember why everyone she loved is gone. There's my rant, that's all I have to say on it.
Chelsea
Apr 23, 2009 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I loved it so much. It made me cry, but only a little.
Emily
Aug 25, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing
It really wrapped everything up.
Emma
Oct 05, 2011 Emma rated it really liked it
The Final Eclipse

In the 5th grade my friend and I just started playing the flute so we signed up for the school lessons. We wanted to be in the school band, so we went to all our lessons and the band teacher told us once we learned enough notes and we can play, then we could be in the band. We really wanted to be in the band with all our friends so we went to all the lessons and we practiced together after school at each others houses, and we never gave up. One day we went to our lesson and he
Alex
Jun 25, 2009 Alex rated it really liked it
I'm so very sad this series is over. I can't imagine reading it back when it came out, and having to wait months upon months to get the next book. I devoured this entire series in less than 2 weeks!

I am so glad there was a 13th book, because it answered all the questions. (Except Maggie's baby. Seriously, WHY DIDN'T THEY EVER TALK ABOUT HER BABY? Surely whoever her baby was had to have been important, right?)

I was so saddened at the end of this book. I wasn't expecting all of the characters to
Heidi
Mar 31, 2008 Heidi rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: reluctant reader, teen girl
This is still a good book for the reluctant reader, teen girl. This final book for the series felt a bit like the author was phoning it in, though. In fact, the author says she thought she was done, but her fans clamored for another one.

One of the things the girls always knew was that when they turned a certain age, they had to make a Choice. Either they would forget everything about being a goddess, or they wouldn't, but they would no longer be around, and what happens on the other side of that
Kathleen
Apr 30, 2009 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
AHH!! The very last one!! I looked for this book for years!! The author wasn't going to write this one!! I am so glad she did, or else we would have never known what would have happened!! The book before this leaves the ending completely open!! So many people asked her to write this book!! I, personally, am glad!!
Alicia
Oct 30, 2011 Alicia rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011
I did not like this book at all. For one, it did not tie the loose ends!!! What happened to Maggie's baby??? Or what about Adamantis??? Who/what was the shadow at the end of the book??? Didn't they just kill the Atrox!!!?? I was hoping the book would have answered some questions and tied the loose ends.
Caramelluva1993
I was very sad too see this book series finish. THis book was a great ending for all the books. Vanessa i feel you beucase u feel you would be by yaself becase serena decided too stay in the other world...
Buttercup1201
Nov 25, 2008 Xochitl marked it as to-read
i need to get it
Dannielle Albert
Apr 15, 2010 Dannielle Albert rated it it was ok
Toward the beginning of high school, possibly 9th grade, I read my very first "Daughters of the Moon" book. I read book two of the series first. Then I read the first second. I continued reading the series out of order, because I was interested in Serena and Vanessa's life but I didn't care too much for Catty's and I didn't like Jimena's character at all. (I ended up coming back and reading Catty's; however, I actually never read any of Jimena's books.) But even reading out of order and skipping ...more
Koorihime-sama
CHECKED OUT THE BOOK FROM MY PUBLIC LIBRARY.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2011 READING CHALLENGE.

2ND REVIEW. 1ST REVIEW IS HERE.

Review/Rating:

5 out of 5

After a long time of being trapped in Nefandus, Vanessa is finally able to escape from Nefandus. However, she had to leave Serena behind, and now , Vanessa must rescue her before the final eclipse and her seventeenth birthday.

I decided to do a better review of the Daughters of the Moon series by Lynne Ewing since my first ones weren’t done very well. Th
Khalia Hades
Sep 11, 2013 Khalia Hades rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This is the last book in a 13 book series for teenage girls. I've enjoyed the entire series and the message that Lynne Ewing has for all girls that we are each goddesses in our own right. I liked reading a series that advocates for girls to think before they act, while still capturing the angst that so many teens face.

This book and the previous one, The Becoming, are both the darkest books in the series. The endings to both books are bittersweet and left me feeling somewhere between nostalgic an
Nicole Eatough
May 03, 2015 Nicole Eatough rated it liked it
Shelves: mythology
As a whole, I was not satisfied with the ending to the series. My biggest issue with the last book was that it was essentially the same plot as the previous book. In the twelfth book, Tianna must face being the Atrox's chosen as his bride. In the thirteen book, Vanessa must face being chosen as the Atrox's lover. These plots are different how? Ewing carries off the two SAME themes differently, but it's still the same plot.

Also, the conclusion to the Sons of the Dark books happens in here. Concl
Tiffany Blews
Apr 09, 2012 Tiffany Blews rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I love this book. I love this ending.

At first I wasn't thrilled that this book was in Vanessa's point of view. I don't particularly like Vanessa very much. But I see how fitting it is: start with Vanessa and end with Vanessa. This book surprised me. I totally thought The Becoming was the last book and then suddenly this was out and I had a little more story to look forward to.

I wish there had been a little more Serena and Stanton in this book, since they're my favorites. And
Ashley
Jan 22, 2016 Ashley rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this book was printed with pages 187-202 missing. Which unfortunately seems to have contained some important details. That said. a lot of the book just seems to try and tie up loose ends, and sometimes there seemed to not be enough to tie it smoothly. Truthfully, the missing pages ruined it most, and if those had been there, I might have been able to rate this a 3, mostly because this serious has been a part of my life for close to a decade, and I am only just now getting to ...more
Alooga
Nov 19, 2014 Alooga rated it it was amazing
This was a terrific ending to the series! I loved the series and was sad to see it end, but Lynne Ewing made it a spectacular finale to the series. I was a little saddened about the end, I mean, anyone who has been reading from the beginning may be shocked. I cried and thought about what I would do if that happened to me. Anyway, this is an amazing book and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good read and read the rest of the series!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Aug 10, 2016 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
Are you kidding me? First, I had no idea there was another book and that it was a finale. Well I did but had stopped reading after the last book, and found out there was this one. And wow did I read it as soon as I got it. You can tell its the final one. So much happens just wow and just wow. Really good read. Though it has other characters from the Sons series but you find what happens to them as well. Love this one and the series in general. Definitely give this a read.
Chelsea Gouin
Sep 28, 2015 Chelsea Gouin rated it did not like it
This book was just... Bad. Vanessa is so unlike able and to have her try to act as savior was a stupid idea. The book takes off right where the previous one leaves off and to the authors credit is nonstop action. However, there wasn't a lot of thought put into how the series should reach its end. There was too many conveniences made. Again, it just read as lazy. Perhaps this book would be more appealing to the target audience but to me, it failed.
A*Writer*in*Time
Book Thirteen The Final Eclipes: What a sad but happy ending i am not gonna give anything away other than it left me satified with the series but wanting more of Lynns writing and i am happy to announce she has more on the way and good thing about being a little behind lol i don't have to wait, I am going on to the Sons of the Dark series and then The sisters of Isis series. Pick up a book :)

• Wyvernhail (The Kiesha'ra, #5)
  • Twins (Fearless, #19)
  • Kindred Spirits (T*Witches, #7)
  • Changeling (Sweep, #8)
Lynne Ewing is an American author and a screen writer.

She always had to move around a lot when she was growing up because her father was in the Marine Corps. She has two sisters. Lynne graduated from high school in Lima, Peru after attending seven other schools. While she was in Peru, she learned to speak Spanish. She attended the University of California at Santa Barbara. When she was 30 years ol
More about Lynne Ewing...

Daughters of the Moon (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Goddess of the Night (Daughters of the Moon, #1)
  • Into the Cold Fire (Daughters of the Moon, #2)
  • Night Shade (Daughters of the Moon, #3)
  • The Secret Scroll (Daughters of the Moon, #4)
  • The Sacrifice (Daughters of the Moon, #5)
  • The Lost One (Daughters of the Moon, #6)
  • Moon Demon (Daughters of the Moon, #7)
  • Possession (Daughters of the Moon, #8)
  • The Choice (Daughters of the Moon, #9)
  • The Talisman (Daughters of the Moon, #10)