Start by marking “Gothic Grimoire” as Want to Read:
Gothic Grimoire

Gothic Grimoire

As the rest of the world goes to sleep, the nightkind - those who prefer to explore the mysteries of the night - prepare for their rites. Whether you are new to the practice of nocturnal magick, or a seasoned dark mystic, this companion to the popular Nocturnal Witchcraft is sure to bring new levels of power to your nights.
Expand your connection to the dark ether and the
Published September 8th 2002 by Llewellyn Publications (first published September 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Gothic Grimoire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gothic Grimoire

Claudia Loureiro
Jul 05, 2015 Claudia Loureiro rated it really liked it
Shelves: death-and-dying
Gothic Grimoire is the personal Book of Shadows of author Konstantinos, and it shows! The author focuses on the night world of magic, presenting many potent rituals and rites for the beginner or advanced practitioner. Astral Travel, Nocturnal Sabbats and Opening the Gates to the Underworld are but a few of the many topics discussed in the book.
Few books focus on the dark arts because they can be misrepresented and confused for something evil or nefarious. However, Konstantinos avoids this pitfal
Kosjitov
Dec 18, 2012 Kosjitov rated it did not like it
People giving this book two or more stars are being very kind.

Have you ever felt like someone took a word and attached it to everything under the sun and devalued its meaning in the process? That is what Konstantinos has done here. I never want to see the word "nocturnal" again. Nocturnal witch, nocturnal servant, Nocturnal Tradition, nightkind, ect ect. I honestly feel like the author specifically catered to the gothic stereotype, cramming this book full of what feels like leftover gaming necro
Morgan
Oct 08, 2014 Morgan rated it it was amazing
This book helped me a lot when I was first starting to get into spell work (even though I have not performed most of the spells in it)however, I want to share how I found it.
It was in a used book store and I was looking for a different book and this one caught my attention. I picked it up and felt that I needed to get this book or else someone else would that would use it the wrong way. When I got home I skimmed through it and someone had underlined and took lots of notes in it.
The very first
Äsruþr Cyneaþsson
Aug 15, 2016 Äsruþr Cyneaþsson rated it really liked it
Konstantinos, perhaps employing sophistry and salesmanship in the naming of the work, presents a grimoire centred around nocturnal witchcraft. There is nothing really 'dark' here, only a focus upon astral journeying, nighttime rituals and a preference for darkness (lighting level wise that is).

The work itself is rather well written and the structure of the rituals and rites are well presented. The aspects I have employed are certainly effective, yet there is nothing really new here.
Anastasiya
Dec 11, 2015 Anastasiya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I read this book briefly because I feel like I should read Nocturnal Witchcraft first. And since I liked this book, I probably will read it a bit later.

I loved the history; the lifestyle; occults and rituals; the nocturnal celebrations.

Although YA Fantasy is my favorite genre, I really enjoy nonfiction books about religion, lifestyle, etc. (especially the darkling ones)

/|\(^=^)/|\ ••• /|\(;.;)/|\
Caroline Åsgård
Mar 08, 2016 Caroline Åsgård rated it liked it
I read a sample of this, but it was so short that I couldn't make up my mind about it.
I am a Wiccan, and also a goth, but I have never read into dark magic or anything like that. So I'm not sure this is the magical path for me.
Conure Hermary
Jan 05, 2016 Conure Hermary rated it liked it
Compared to the other two books I've read by Konstantinos, this book was actually interesting to read! I still found him very arrogant and a touch self righteous, but his spells appear sound and his view of night magic is something I wouldn't mind replicating.
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2013
Lucien von Wolfe
Lucien von Wolfe rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Azhta Eive
Azhta Eive rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Leanna
Leanna rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Paula Tsurara
Paula Tsurara rated it did not like it
Jun 01, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2007
Audrey Owens
Audrey Owens rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2013
Jennipher Schafer
Jennipher Schafer rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2014
Joshua Mark
Joshua Mark rated it did not like it
Feb 12, 2014
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2008
ThunderWolf
ThunderWolf rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2012
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2012
Ricardo Gigante
Ricardo Gigante rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2014
Shelsea
Shelsea rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
John Tippett
John Tippett rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2010
Amanda Regan
Amanda Regan rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2013
ADZ
ADZ rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Anne-Maaret
Anne-Maaret rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2011
Brittany
Brittany rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2012
As Templárias
As Templárias rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2015
Jody
Jody rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Goth Craft: The Magickal Side of Dark Culture
  • The Living Temple of Witchcraft: The Descent of the Goddess (Temple of Witchcraft, #5; Living Temple of Witchcraft, #1)
  • The Psychic Vampire Codex: A Manual of Magick and Energy Work
  • The Urban Primitive: Paganism in the Concrete Jungle
  • Ostara: Customs, Spells & Rituals for the Rites of Spring
  • Wiccan Mysteries: Ancient Origins & Teachings
  • Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions
  • Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
  • Midsummer: Magical Celebrations of the Summer Solstice
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft
  • A Field Guide to Otherkin
  • The Sidhe: Wisdom from the Celtic Otherworld
  • The Magical Household: Spells & Rituals for the Home
Konstantinos Rowley, born in 1972, has been a paranormal researcher for over fifteen years, is the author of six books published by Llewellyn and has a bachelors degree in English and technical writing. A recognized expert, he has consulted for and been a guest on various shows and documentaries on MTV, the SciFi Channel, NBC, History, Discovery Channel, and other networks. A former Physics major, ...more
More about Konstantinos...