Start by marking “A Concise Biography of Adolf Hitler” as Want to Read:
A Concise Biography of Adolf Hitler

A Concise Biography of Adolf Hitler

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  154 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Organized by subject areas in a unique Q&A format, this book offers quick access to facts and anecdotes about Hitler's life, shedding light on his habits, beliefs, and obsessions. "A wonderful addition to the works about Hitler."--Isaiah Kuperstein, Association of Holocaust Organizations. of rare photos.
Published February 1st 2000 by Penguin Group US

To ask other readers questions about A Concise Biography of Adolf Hitler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Concise Biography of Adolf Hitler

Brian Steele
I had a hard time choosing between 3 and 4 stars on this. I feel the concept is brilliant - a biography that focuses on "concepts," rather than on a chronological timeline. However, when presenting a book in this nature, I want a series of facts - not the author's editorial opinion on every other line. Yes, Hitler was a mass murdering douchebag, but I don't need reminded that he had ... "despicable ideals" ... when reading the chapter on his diet and health. And due to the obvious deep feelings ...more
Luis Arcadio
Jun 07, 2015 Luis Arcadio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Armchair historians
There are a lot of rumors and myths I have heard about Hitler over the years. The author does a nice job of clearing up many of the major ones. I was more interest in the author's illuminations into the man that was this monster we see in our minds whenever his name is mentioned. Hitler was an ordinary human being with extraordinary commitment to his ideals and convictions, no matter how delusional and inhuman these would turn out to be. He succeeded on his path to power because his message foun ...more
Bob
Mar 30, 2009 Bob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a nutshell, Hitler was even crazier than you thought! This is not a traditional biography in the sense that it is not in chronological order. Rather the author has divided chapters by subject, such as family life, hobbies, education and even Hitler's favorite books. This makes it a very usable reference book. A quick read.
Carl Trumble
A Concise Biography of Adolf Hitler by Thomas Fuchs was an interesting, heinous, and eye-opening experience. While the biggest thing that sets this apart from most biographies is the fact that it doesn't take place in chronological order, but instead is composed of small facets of what Hitler did and who he was. While I am not sympathizing for Hitler, it has to be known to mankind Hitler was just and ordinary human and not some kind of monster you could recognize.

What I found the most interest
T.E.
This is a deeply interesting book...and it would have gotten five stars had the author restrained the need to remind us every two sentences that HITLER WAS BADDDDD. Yes, I am aware that the man was screwed in the head and did terrible things, but having such unnecessary little phrases such as (and I paraphrase) "While it seems impossible that Hitler could do anything which was not foul and destructive..." simply got in the way of what I wanted: the facts. OK, Hitler was a horrible individual, bu ...more
Thomas Lehman
May 29, 2014 Thomas Lehman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brad-s-books
Pretty decent book, most of it I already knew being a big History buff of the era. However, there was some new things I learned so mission accomplished by the author.
Mark Swonger
Jun 06, 2016 Mark Swonger rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Easy read, well researched, lively topics and interesting factoids to understand the monster called Hitler. A bit light on Hotler's role in war and on his involvement with camps. A decent quick read though and an excellent tool for someone tasked with reporting on Hotler's life.
DJ Rolemodel (Randell)
6.9.10 - 6.18.10
Samuel 714
I cant say that Hiltler was stupid, dont get me wrong the man was the most evilist person in human history but that doesnt mean hes stupid. Hitler, took Germany and made it into a country that produced one of the greatist weapons of the patriotic war and products, made the German army feared throughout the world, when it conquered half of Europe in less then a year! and made Germany at that time, the most powerful nation (besides America and I think the USSR) in the world for a few years.
Ben
Dec 07, 2010 Ben rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography
I read this over the weekend at home. It is a collection of facts about Adolph Hitler. His likes and dislikes. He was vegetrain. He had books and movies on prno. He ate as much as two pounds of candy each day. He bite his nails, and sucked his fingers. He loved movies. THe Bengal lancers and King Kong were his favorites.
Becca-Rawr
Nov 06, 2008 Becca-Rawr rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any History Lover
Shelves: non-fiction
A great fact book abou Adolf Hitler, as well as very funny. This is the dictator in a different light with such chapters as "Hitler's Mustache" and "Hitler's Dog". It's a good fun read if you're researching on Nazi Germany or Adolf Hitler
Austin Mcgrath
Jan 02, 2014 Austin Mcgrath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Biography on Adolf Hitler. This hardly covered what he did in wars but focused on who he was as a person. Ranging from his mustache, how he did his hair, his fashion, friends, diet and even his pet dog.
Kayla Durham
Gives the reader an insight into "Everyday Hitler" as well as the terrifying monster he was. A good read for those vaguely interested in Hitler trivia, but not those who want an in depth biography.
Joshua
Sep 09, 2012 Joshua rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great attempt at organizing the life/experiences that created Hitler. I think it's important we all understand what experiences lead to the creation of such personalities as Hitler.
Dana
Jul 19, 2011 Dana marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
It's already interesting, a lot of facts that you won't find in other books about this evil man who was such an important part of history.
Carla Clark
Jul 29, 2011 Carla Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was worth reading for little tidbits about hitler and world war II.
Evan
Jun 07, 2012 Evan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's face it, Nazis were incredibly interesting.
Jordan Fuller
Jan 31, 2012 Jordan Fuller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read lots of facts in a short time.
Dawn
Nov 03, 2007 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insight into the madman.
Jes Mitchell
Sep 22, 2012 Jes Mitchell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very informational.
Makayla
Makayla is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2016
Bell Leroy
Bell Leroy rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Brenda Chetty
Brenda Chetty rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Zeeshan Haider
Zeeshan Haider marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Hassan Raza
Hassan Raza is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2016
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Vishal Shamsi
Vishal Shamsi marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Gregg Shoemaker
Gregg Shoemaker rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
  • The Essays, Vol. 1: 1904-1912
  • Explaining Hitler: The Search for the Origins of His Evil
  • December 1941: The Month That Changed America And Saved The World
  • Death Dealer: The Memoirs of the SS Kommandant at Auschwitz
  • The Myth of Hitler's Pope: Pope Pius XII And His Secret War Against Nazi Germany
  • Patton: A Biography
  • Shakespeare of London
  • The Last Days of Hitler
  • Scott Fitzgerald
  • Among the Righteous: Lost Stories from the Holocaust's Long Reach into Arab Lands
  • Teaching the Pig to Dance: A Memoir of Growing Up and Second Chances
  • Was God on Vacation?
  • Nazi Germany and the Jews: 1933-1945 (Abridged version)
  • The Heart Has Reasons: Holocaust Rescuers and Their Stories of Courage