Start by marking “New Reagan Revolution” as Want to Read:
New Reagan Revolution

New Reagan Revolution

“There are cynics who say that a party platform is something that no one bothers to read and it doesn’t very often amount to much.  Whether it is different this time than it has ever been before, I believe the Republican Party has a platform that is a banner of bold, unmistakable colors, with no pastel shades.” –Ronald Reagan, 1976 Republican National Convention

When R

Published January 18th 2011 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about New Reagan Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Reagan Revolution

John
This book has a great message, but the delivery leaves a lot to be desired. As you might guess from the cover, THE NEW REAGAN REVOLUTION isn't too concerned with nuance or subtlety. Sure, it contains a lot of good information, but most of it feels like preaching to the choir. Even as a big fan of Reagan, I found myself sometimes annoyed by the heavy-handedness of it all, especially the way that author (and adopted son to the Gipper himself) Michael Reagan feels the need to use Ronald Reagan's fu ...more
Jake Danishevsky
Dec 06, 2012 Jake Danishevsky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-politics, own
Once I picked up this book, I could not put it down. I liked it so much that I even got a copy to give to a friend as a birthday present. The book is about one of the greatest leaders, Presidents, of our lifetime. Reagan had a vision and love for America. The book is to re-energize and continue the work that Reagan has begun and fought for. This is a book that everyone, who enjoys politics, history and believes in America, should have. I highly recommend this one.
Kristi Lambert deter
I loved this book. I thought there were moments where Michael sounded more like a proud son, that an impartial writer, but rightly so. This book helped me learn some history, as well as want to get involved! Motivated me and opened my eyes to a world I didn't know I was so fascinated with.
Rhiannon
Oct 25, 2014 Rhiannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing, Amazing, Amazing read!

Reagan is the man, and there's nobody better to tell it than family members themselves.
Akhet
Mar 22, 2011 Akhet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story teller, wise counsel. He shares from his heart.
Orville Jenkins
May 16, 2015 Orville Jenkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I learned some good information and details I was not aware of from the Reagan era. It seemed, however, that Michael left out some important considerations on some events or initiatives. But this was a rational presentation of what has been called "Conservatism" and has been hijacked by some radical populist efforts and simplistic sloganeering.

Economics and Attitudes
I am glad I found this book. Reagan explains some of the market mechanisms that make more sense of the common "conservative" simpli
Orville Jenkins
May 14, 2014 Orville Jenkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Economics and Attitudes
I am glad I found this book. Reagan explains some of the market mechanisms that make more sense of the common "conservative" propos
Jessica
Aug 15, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Explanations on Reagan's administration and where/what republicans stand for and are going. Bought this novel to learn more on principles and economy from the perspective of the Republican Party.
Aaron Kimpton
Aaron Kimpton rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Weldon Perkins
Weldon Perkins rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2013
Matt Faull
Matt Faull rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2014
Ricardo Cobian
Ricardo Cobian rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2014
Janice Wilman
Janice Wilman rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2014
Charles Fowler
Charles Fowler rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2016
Randy Haubert
Randy Haubert rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2013
James Martin
James Martin rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Mags
Mags rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2011
Garywilson
Garywilson rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Ean
Ean rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Jeff Z
Jeff Z rated it liked it
May 29, 2015
Ali
Ali rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2012
Ruth
Mar 02, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite Reagan books. Interesting perspective from his son, Michael.
Melissa Tevlin
Melissa Tevlin rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2016
Leah
Leah rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2011
Suzanne Segal
Suzanne Segal rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2013
Elizabeth Hermesch
Elizabeth Hermesch rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2013
John Burkowski
John Burkowski rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Lee
Lee rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Rebellion of Ronald Reagan: A History of the End of the Cold War
  • A Simple Government: Twelve Things We Really Need from Washington (and a Trillion That We Don't)
  • The New Road to Serfdom: A Letter of Warning to America
  • The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism
  • God of Liberty: A Religious History of the American Revolution
  • The Secret Knowledge: On the Dismantling of American Culture
  • How Capitalism Will Save Us: Why Free People and Free Markets Are the Best Answer in Today's Economy
  • Catastrophe
  • This Is Herman Cain!: My Journey to the White House
  • The Day After the Dollar Crashes: A Survival Guide for the Rise of the New World Order
  • Shocking Secrets of American History
  • The Notes: Ronald Reagan's Private Collection of Stories and Wisdom
  • My FBI: Bringing Down the Mafia, Investigating Bill Clinton, and Fighting the War on Terror
  • Trickle Up Poverty: Stopping Obama's Attack on Our Borders, Economy, and Security
  • Broke : The Plan to Restore our Trust, Truth and Treasure
  • FairTax: The Truth: Answering the Critics
  • Seven Events That Made America America: And Proved That the Founding Fathers Were Right All Along
  • Deliver Us from Evil: Defeating Terrorism, Despotism, and Liberalism
182007
American conservative and republican strategist and former talk radio host, his audience was estimated to be around the millon people.

Michael Reagan is the adopted son of Ronald Reagan
More about Michael Reagan...