Start by marking “Il tempo della giustizia” as Want to Read:
Il tempo della giustizia

Il tempo della giustizia (Deverry #8)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  2,911 ratings  ·  17 reviews
La principessa Carra sa bene che il bambino che porta in grembo è prezioso, non solo nel senso in cui tutti i bambini lo sono, ma perché da lui può dipendere il destino di molte
cose, forse della stessa pace.
Fuori dalle mura della città di Cengarn, dove la principessa si è rinserrata insieme alla maga Jill e alla maga Dallandra, premono le orde inferocite degli Horsekin, de...more
Paperback, Fantacollana #154, 410 pages
Published March 1998 by Editrice Nord (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Il tempo della giustizia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il tempo della giustizia

Benjamin Thomas
This is the 8th book of the 15 book Deverry series. But since the series is sub-divided into 3 smaller series, it can also be said that this is the 4th and final novel in the middle "Westlands" series.

The novel is aptly named as it is really divided into two main sections, the first in a much lighter "airy" vein and the longer second part that deals with large scale battles and dark doings. The unique aspect of the entire Deverry series is, of course, the reincarnation plots such that characters...more
Amanda
With this book Katharine Kerr wraps up the Westlands cycle. It is a fairly decent final book, bringing a number of ongoing stories together and finishing things decently. With that said, it felt a little soulless to me - with her first four books, Kerr made the characters come alive and I had a lot of interest in their doings. Gradually I am losing interest in Rhodry and co.

In this novel we head back in time for a time, and that section was by far the most gripping. We meet a previous incarnatio...more
Kenny
This was an excellent book - quite sad and moving, but a fitting end to the Westlands cycle.

Finally we're getting back to the wonderful "Deverry cultural intrigue" that drew me to the series as a whole :) The first main part of the book is another of the flashbacks periods that Ms Kerr writes so well. We go back to Rhodry and Jill while they are walking the road as Silver Daggers. Here we get involved in dark dealings of revenge and murder, with a bit of added dweomer for spice. This was my favo...more
Elondel
Previously, I’ve compared Katharine Kerr’s Deverry series to a rollercoaster ride, with highs and lows. Continuing that analogy, I’d have to say that we’ve been on a rise in recent books and Days Of Air And Darkness has no intention of bringing us to an early fall.

This is the eight overall and final novel in the Westlands cycle. With the city of Cergarn under a siege and Princess Carra locked up inside its walls, the tension is rising on all fronts. The mad goddess Alshandra is playing her last...more
Mark
It has been 16 years since I first picked up the first Deverry novel, DaggerSpell, and here in am, 16 years later, about to finish the fifteenth and final one.

Has the journey been worth it? Yes. Was the wait too long? Yes.

I would not recommend anyone starts reading the Deverry cycle unless they intend to read them all, as the macroscopic story is at least as important as the microscopic ones, and as such I am reviewing the books as a set.

I almost give them 4 stars (excellent) but in the end I am...more
Dark-Draco
This is the first book by this author that I have read and I really enjoyed it. It was typical fantasy fair, with epic battles, good v evil, magic and dragons...just what I like. It lost marks for a couple of things (hence a 4 instead of a 5) - one, I think the author had forgotton the cardinal rule of writing a series. Someone reading a book from the middle shouldn't have to read the rest - unfortunately, I felt a bit lost for the first few chapters, having to sort out characters and situations...more
Fantasy Literature
With Days of Air and Darkness / A Time of Justice, Katharine Kerr wraps up THE WESTLANDS CYCLE. It is a fairly decent final book, bringing a number of ongoing stories together and finishing things decently. With that said, it felt a little soulless to me — with her first four books, Kerr made the characters come alive and I had a lot of interest in their doings. Gradually I am losing interest in Rhodry and co.

In this novel we head back in time for a while, and that section was by far the most gr...more
Panda99
Great story! I just wish the next few were available in audio.
Broodingferret
This was a decent conclusion to "scene 2"; it kept up the right amount of tension and wrapped up this segment's main points while still framing the story for its continuation in the next trilogy of books. There were a few points of poor continuity, and while the hiccoughs involve fairly minor details, it's attention to small details that makes for a smooth and believable story, so I was a little irked from time to time. Not irked enough, however, to have my enjoyment seriously diminished, so it'...more
Tatiana
8th book in the series and last book of the Westlands Cycle, Days of Air and Darkness closes (kind of) the chapter of the Horsekin war developped in the previous novel in apotheosis with a big part of the story being centered on Arzosah the mighty dragoness and Rhodry's relation with her. Be prepared for some delightful scenes and dialogues ;-) Arzosah will make you LOVE dragons if that's not the case already!

This book is at the same time very satisfying and it leaves you wanting more. A great r...more
Rachael
Well it was good. But damn it she left it open for her next series. Now I have to go read that as well! Such is life (it's actually a good thing).

But Jill, as my poor Jill. I knew it was coming but still, it made me sad. Thought I thought her reuniting with her one true was adorable and well thought out. Except Jill didn't leave behind an apprentice, that worries me :/

I guess it's on to the next series then and off to the library for me.
Macha
3 & 1/2 stars. this one was really well-organized, and a lot of stuff happened, including some big character deaths and a lot of plot wrapup. and the reader gets to know some of the more enigmatic characters a whole lot better, and see more of the Grand Design. but i dunno, seemed a bit going-thru-the-motions to me: not sure if it was writer or reader fatigue that was at fault, just saying.
Khronus
Following closely after the events that unfolded in the Deverry Series, The westlands cycle continues the story and conflicts but adds new twists as we learn of new and old enemies, and the fate of Rhodry as he draws ever closer to his wyrd. Another master piece of fantasy writing and again one that I was unable to put down until finished.
Kate
Oct 27, 2009 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Deverry Fans
Shelves: dragons, fantasy, 2009
Lots of stuff happens in this book, the best book of the Westlands cycle. There's war, love, dragons, death, just about anything you could want in a fantasy novel.
Robin
Okay, I admit it. I am totally hooked on the whole series. Some of the books are better than others but still... they all get a 5 star rating from me.
Melissa
A little hard to get into & jumps a bit from story to story but all in all an entertaining story
Ron Russell
Ron Russell marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Brooks Westmoreland
Brooks Westmoreland marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Frank
Frank added it
Sep 28, 2014
James Earnshaw
James Earnshaw marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
  • Keeper of the Keys (The Cycle of Fire, #2)
  • Dhiammara (Artefacts of Power, #4)
  • The Mageborn Traitor (Exiles, #2)
  • Warrior (Hythrun Chronicles: Wolfblade Trilogy, #2)
  • The Burning Stone (Crown of Stars, #3)
  • The Scrolls of the Ancients (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #3)
  • A Man Betrayed (Book of Words, #2)
  • The Children of Wrath (Renshai Chronicles, #3)
  • Starman (Wayfarer Redemption, #3)
  • The Pool of Two Moons (The Witches of Eileanan, #2)
  • Shards of a Broken Crown (The Serpentwar Saga, #4)
  • Sword-Singer (Tiger and Del, #2)
Born in Ohio, 1944. Moved to San Francisco Bay Area in 1962 and has lived there ever since. Katharine Kerr has read extensively in the fields of classical archeology, and medieval and dark ages history and literature, and these influences are clear in her work. Her epic Deverry series has won widespread praise and millions of fans around the world.
More about Katharine Kerr...
Daggerspell (Deverry, #1) Darkspell (Deverry, #2) A Time of Exile (The Westlands, #1) The Dragon Revenant (Deverry, #4) The Bristling Wood (Deverry, #3)

“Arzosah turned, snapping her huge jaws, roaring again with a” 0 likes