Start by marking “Fruset Blod (Vampire Academy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fruset Blod (Vampire Academy, #2)

Fruset Blod (Vampire Academy #2)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  218,817 ratings  ·  8,123 reviews
Intriger och kamp på liv och död bland vampyrer på high school!
"Mitt humör steg raskt från 'gott' till 'extatiskt'. Jag och Dimitri. Ensamma. I en bil."

Rose ska gå igenom ett lämplighetstest för beskyddare. Testet ska ske hemma hos en beskyddare utanför skolområdet. Och det är bara hon och hennes intruktör, Dimitri, som ska åka! Och resan tar fem timmar!
All glädje och f
Published August 10th 2009 by bonnier carlsen (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fruset Blod, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Em
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Ria Lize
Etnik
description

____________________________________________
“There's nothing worse than waiting and not knowing what'll happen to you. Your own imagination can be crueler than any captor.”

____________________________________________

description

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

As I said,I quite liked the first one,not as much as everybody out there,but it was interesting and I started to like vampires as creatures.This is,however,was as enjoyable as the first.It was not better for me.The

Jamie
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. This books picks up shortly after the first book in the series. Rose is still in training with Dimitri and feelings run strong between the two but cannot be acted upon, with both of them being Lissa's (a Moroi princess and Rose's best friend) future guardians. There are some attacks on the Moroi royal families. This sends fear of what should be done to stop the Strigoi. Some feel it is time for the Moroi to fight beside their guardians and learn ...more
Kat Kennedy
The first book in this series left me feeling a big Meh. It’s confusing, nonsensical premise was distracting, though I felt in some ways it managed to distract from what was essentially a weak plot and simple story.

The same can not be said for Frostbite. The lore of Vampire Academy hasn’t changed but the complexities and further insight, or perhaps just familiarity have lessoned the ache of it. It’s also dealt with differently and in a more realistic way – which is in direct ascension with the g
Saniya
Oh... my... God! Holy...I am freaking out! This is the second installment in the Vampire Academy series. Are you kidding me?! This book looks like the last book in the series! Gosh, what will happen in the other four books? I loved this book, it was so entertaining and amazing.

Might have spoilers:
Rose has become sightly an adult and now she realizes her mistakes and her relationships with many people increased. I always liked Rose because she is a strong kick-ass heroine and can handle anything
Annie
The blurb says: Mason would die to be with Rose...
Well that's just silly. If you die to be with someone, you wouldn't be able to be with them, cause you'd be dead! Plus, like everything else in this book, that's such a melodramatic statement.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the big deal over this series is. It’s recommended all over the place, the star average for this is really good, and it’s really popular – maybe I got my hopes up too high? I read the first one, was indifferen
Emily May

Oh dear... I seem to be ever so slightly... hooked. How did this happen? I was proceeding with caution, I swear I was but... my god, this book was good. I liked it even better than the first one in this series, I honestly have nothing but praise for this book. I shall of course have to accept my fate when they start to go downhill, but there's always a chance that by then my obsession will have ran so deep that I won't even care in my lust to find out what happens to Rose and Lissa and Dimitri.

I
Willow
This is a satisfying sequel, because the thing is, Richelle Mead could have gone very obvious with Rose. It would have been easy street, and would have probably still worked, as Rose threw in a quip here and there, kicked some ass, got in trouble, got saved, learned her lesson and then got the boy.
Bada Bing. Bada Boom.
And while Rose may do all those things, she does them in her own way and her own time and becomes a fully fleshed girl whose mistakes you might cringe at but you understand. That's
Wendy Darling
A lot of people don't like this Vampire Academy book as much, but it's one of my favorites. There are breath-taking battle sequences at the end, and a devastating aftermath that leaves Rose forever changed. My respect for her grew leaps and bounds in this book, and the series really kicked into high gear both in story and in emotion.
Veronica Morfi
Rating: 3/5

Finally, the first review I write for 2015 and it's going to be more of a rant...

Frostbite is the second book in the Vampire Academy series. I was really looking forward to reading it (and the rest of the series). But unfortunately the things that mildly bothered me in the first book were very annoying in this one. My main problem is Rose. She is such a vengeful, pitiful and immature person that is really hard for me to feel for her. She keeps complaining about Lisa not having time fo
Sarah (saz101)
Oh. My. Goodness. Rose Hathaway is back, and she’s the reason we have the word BADASS. Frostbite, the second instalment in the Vampire Academy series, is rather obvious evidence that there is a real reason this series is so colossally popular.

I honestly don’t know why it took me so damn long to read Vampire Academy... and then waited months before reading Frostbite. After (finally) reading it, I’m sold... but where do I start? The amazing BFF relationship? Unique, fascinating mythology? The swoo
Pearl Angeli
(Finally made a review)

Frostbite was such a fantastic read! In this book, I got to know more of Rose and her life in the Vampire Academy. There were lots of exciting events that happened, including their adventure trip to Idaho wherein the students and the guardians intended to escape Strigoi threats. And of course, it was nice to finally meet the infamous Adrian Ivashkov. Fancy meeting this hot dude because indeed, he’s one swoony guy! I totally love his character. He reminds me so much of Dae
Colleen Houck
It got pretty scary at the end. Rose is becoming a character I like even more than I did before. There are some seriously frightening vampires in this one! Favorite part was at the end and I won't spoil it for you but it was great.
Gillian

originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS SERIES WOULD RUIN MY LIFE?

27 GIFs Of Taylor Swift Dancing Awkwardly In Her New Music Video
DAMN YOU BOOK DAMN YOU

I admit that I have a terrible personality flaw, and it's that sometimes, I can be the worst hipster. It's been a long journey for me from the classic-reading snobby teenager I was to the adult who shrieks about ships on the internet and proudly draws fan art. Vampire Academy was an unfortunate casualty of my hipster snob years where I wasn't so into vampires or love triangles or thin
Anne
I'm still not seeing why this series gets such amazingly high reviews. I thought it was good...ish. Although, I'm afraid without looking at all the glowing reviews of my friends, I'd probably stop at #2, and try to pick the series up at a later date. Maybe when I have nothing better to read?
I'm plunging ahead for three reasons:
1) The all of the books are already out.
2) There are only 5 books...shit, 6 books in the series.
3) If I don't read them now, I'll forget the plot.

So in this one Rose is sl
Juliana Zapata
Como todos habían prometido, este libro fue mucho mejor que el anterior, mucha más fluidez, más acción, más romance y mucho mas sobre los personajes.

Cuando conocí a Adrian, dude mucho de el, pero ahora siento que es un personaje que me encanta. Mia y Christian que fueron tan poco aportantes en el primer libro, en este tuvieron más protagonismo, y Rose como siempre mi personaje favorito, amo a esta chica.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Maisie
NOOO WHY... That was not necessary!
The Holy Terror
Jan 29, 2010 The Holy Terror rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone that is a fan of Mead's other series
This book was intense! I've already come to the conclusion that I'll read anything that Richelle Mead writes. I think that if you're a fan of either of her other two series you'd like this one a lot too, even though it's a teen series.

This doesn't read like a normal teen series though. There is some of the normal stuff that teens have to deal with; peer pressure, the requisite blond "mean girl," and sexual frustration, among other things. The difference here though is Rose is STRONG. She doesn'
Emma
I never would have thought that I would love this series as much as I do! These characters are just so amazing and this plot... It's so interesting! Like the prequel, this kept me awake at night and I couldn't put the book down because of all the twists and turns it had. I HIGHLY recommend for you to pick this up. Seriously. DO IT NOW. This book has everything. Good plot, awesome characters (who would NOT love Dimitri?) and hilarious quotes!

Now some spoooiilerrrrrssss so if you have not read th
Cari
***This review contains a few spoilers!!!***

Rating:

Do I Recommend This Series?: Umm, HECK YES!!!!!

My Opinion Of This Book: WOW!AMAZING!!!

_______________________________________________________________

Liked:

-Rose
-Lissa
-Christian
-Dimitri
-Mason
-Adrian
-The Writing
-The Plot/Storyline
-The Ending

Disliked:
-Tasha

Unlike most second-in-series books, that are not as good as the first book, Frostbite is just as fantastic, if not even better than the first book, Vampire Academy!
I went through a roller coaste
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: action, drama, suspense, awesome, addictive.

It's official. I'm addicted. And I'm not waiting any longer for the library to transport the next books to my local library. I'm buying the freaking box-set.

I'm in love with Rose and Dimitri. I love the conflict and the attraction and the conflict and the passion and the conflict.

I love the way that the relationships between all of the characters in this book are fluid, constantly changing as circumstances change. It feels so real.

But wow, thi
Marga
Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

You know, it's really strange how I see a lot of similarities between this and the Covenant series. I remember liking the latter but not to the point of remembering every single detail. But as I read this one, I actually recalled some events that happened in that series! It was sort of weird because it was almost the same if you changed the names of the characters.

But still.. this book managed to make me like it. Frostbite almost made me cry. I was so shocked that I ma
Maura
Original-Rezension: The emotional life of books

Meine Meinung:

Nachdem ich Vampire Academy gelesen hatte, musste ich fast unmittelbar danach zu Frostbite greifen. Sehr gespannt war ich auf das Buch und meine Erwartungen waren auch recht hoch.

Dadurch dass ich es fast direkt nach dem ersten Teil gelesen habe, hätte ich den Prolog eigentlich überspringen können, denn dieser ist lediglich eine bloße Zusammenfassung der wichtigsten Geschehnisse des ersten Bandes – man erfährt somit also nichts Neues.
Au
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Vampire Academy No2

Why had I given this book a 5? It's not a 5 but I won't change it because I like to stick to my original ratings(mostly), so the review will be a bit contradictive to the rating.

Rose is at her worst behavior in this book. She behaves like a brat with her mother. I understand why she feels abandoned by her and let's face it Janine isn't exactly an affectionate mom but instead of acting with a little pride and self-respect, Rose goes all the way to 5 year old brattiness. She i
Brenna
“Good God, Men everywhere.”

What a great sequel in the Vampire Academy series! I am so excited that I have four more books in this series to read still! Score! & a spin-off series!? Double score!

Frostbite is very different from the first in the VA series. In this one, it is less about the high school type drama and more about the politics of society, fulfilling your destined roles, and has a more grown up feel to it. Rose is still struggling with her feelings for Dimitri, her need to pro
Pang
I GOT HOOKED FROM THE START! It is fast-paged and unputdownable! Although book 2 is not suspense like book 1. I think :P Anyway, I think I'M ALREADY OBSESSED with this series and want more.

descriptiondescription

Rose.. She is Kick-Ass as always and I love her. The relationship between her and Dimitri more develop in this book. I'm quite get into them now, although not much since they have different personalities. Rose is lively, funny and sarcastic. Dimitri is silent. But some their scenes are touching and cute. When
Sandra
I'm becoming so addicted to this series and I've barely read the first two. Thank goodness I have 4 more books to look forward to!

Poor Rose is all I have to say. She goes through so many difficult and traumatizing events in this book alone. I can only imagine there will be more to follow. I do think she acted incredibly immature and made so many stupid decisions on impulse. But she definitely shows a lot of growth by the end and she is such a bad ass, despite her horrifying experiences. I love
Sasha Alsberg
If I could give this book ten stars, I would.
Joyzi
Oct 25, 2010 Joyzi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Vampire Academy
Recommended to Joyzi by: Dara
I felt like the second installment was better from the first since you kind of drawn to this vampire world and you already know the structures and rules and stuff. Besides unlike the first one, the story is less like Gossip Girl wherein the story for the most part evolves in these gossips between Lissa, Rose and Mia, and well the plot kind of improved in my opinion.

I’m also surprised that this book was also funny and I find myself laughing at some parts especially the part wherein Rose got the
The Flooze
Frostbite was a huge improvement over the first book of the series. Mead still telegraphs her plot from practically page one (clue-by-fours abound), but this time it didn‘t hinder my enjoyment.

My main gripe with Vampire Academy was Rose. She was immature, impulsive, and reckless. Her bravado and unfounded arrogance irked me to the core. In Frostbite, she’s still immature and foolish at times, but her behaviour is more believable and tolerable. She’s been taken down a peg or two, plus Dimitri’s
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)
  • Untamed (House of Night #4)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Vampire Academy (6 books)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

20 trivia questions
18 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.” 8791 likes
“what's your name?"
what?" i asked, squinting at the light.
your name." I reconized Dr. Olendzki peering over me.
you know my name."
I want you to tell me."
Rose. Rose Hathaway."
Do you know your birthday?"
Of course I do. Why are you asking me such stupid things? Did you lose my records?"
Dr. Olendzki gave an exasperated sigh and walked off, taking the annoying light with her. "I think she's fine,”
2180 likes