Indivisible

Indivisible

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  190 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Charlie and Gideon Cooper's story begins where most romance stories end: at the happily ever after. Gideon's protective nature makes Charlie feel safe and happy in her new life as the wife of a Navy SEAL—until her happily comes crashing down around her. And though she’s surrounded by loving family and friends, instead of pulling together in the wake of Charlie’s ordeal, th...more
Published January 25th 2011 by Omnific Publishing (first published January 24th 2011)

Wither by Lauren DeStefanoEntwined by Heather DixonSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDie for Me by Amy PlumAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Best Book Covers 2011
146th out of 724 books — 3,056 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardSempre by J.M. Darhower
Pulled to Publish Fan Fiction
72nd out of 214 books — 278 voters

More lists with this book...

ReaderOz
I was really hoping to love this one; the book has a fantastic premise. What a pity the author made the whole thing hang from about eighty Big Misunderstandings and four hundred Massive Coincidences.

My God this book was more melodramatic than a telenovela!

I do like a fair-haired hero, so at least the book had that going for it.

Indivisible is hampered by some severe over-writing; the epilogue is about as long as any other author’s entire book! (And yes, I’m aware of the irony of writing such a lo...more
Jennifer Lane
Are you participating in “Romantic Suspense” or “Men in Uniform” reading challenges in 2011? If so, have I got the book for you!

Indivisible is Jessica McQuinn’s second novel, featuring a young married couple facing the danger and forced separation of life in the military.

Charlotte “Charlie” Cooper (I love that name) is finishing her college degree and savoring the last moments of togetherness with her Navy SEAL husband Gideon before he leaves for six months on assignment. They’ve only been marr...more
Jessica Subject
*I won this book from the Goodreads First Reads contest.

Indivisible is the story of an entire family not only affected by one member being deployed for several months as a Navy Seal, but also by a horrible incident that threatens to tear the family apart. When one member becomes a victim, it takes a great deal of support and love to help her rise above the situation. Unfortunately she does not realize this until the situation gets out of hand. When she finally decides to confide in someone, she...more
Megan (magan bagan)
I was lucky enough to win a signed copy of this from a contest that Jessica held on her site and I'm so glad that I got the chance to read it. Thank you again Jessica! And you won't be able to put this book down once you get your hands on it.

Charlie Cooper met and married her husband, Gideon Cooper, within a few days time. She's finishing up her degree to become a teacher and he's a Navy Seal. On the night of their one year anniversary Gideon has some news for Charlie, he's shipping out on a mis...more
Carol Oates
I loved it. This sucked me right in from the first few pages. Sometimes it was a difficult read, the story deals with serious issues and are worked through with realism and patience from the author. I'm very glad it wasn't rushed toward a resolution. The well thought out ending was well worth the emotional journey of reading.
Cheryl
All I can say is WOW! Well written and so such a good book! Good character development and gave me insight as to what it actually feels like for the loved ones left behind when military personnel are called into active duty.
LovesAllThingsBooks Book Reviews
This story is different than most romances in the fact that it is not about a couple meeting and falling in love but rather a married couple struggling to remain together.

Gideon, Navel SEAL, and Charlie Cooper have been happily married for a year. On their one year anniversary Gideon is given the news that he is to leave in just a few short days for a six month deployment. Then their happily ever after seems to crack and fall to pieces.

Charlie tries to busy herself to keep her mind off the fact...more
Brenda
This story was riveting. I cried, laughed and envied Charlie her Navy seal husband, Gideon throughout this wonderful tale of love overcoming it all.
Nicole
I only rated this as OK because of three things I did not like:

1. At the beginning, the heroine meets the hero at a bar. She, right after meeting him, jumps into his car to go get married. He could have been a serial killer for all she knew.
2. When she married him, she knew he was a Navy SEAL. So after they are married, he is deployed. She acts like a brat and is really mean to him.
3. She is raped. She got over it too quickly. Right when he comes home, they pretty much have sex then and there....more
Mishel Zabala
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars

I love the description in the synopsis that says the story starts after “happily ever after”. I actually love the entire synopsis. It describes the point of the story very well. Charlie and Gideon Cooper are a year into their marriage and life couldn’t be better for the couple. But things take an ugly turn after the navy SEAL leaves for a six-month deployment. Charlie, Gideon, and their families are all faced with a horrible incident that will change their lives and their r...more
Amanda
It's no secret I'm a huge fan of military boys. I especially love my SEALs. I had Indivisible on my TBR list for a while and was in the mood for something different after I'd finished my previous read. I really had to let it all soak in after I finished reading Indivisible and I'm still not certain how I feel. I liked it. But I didn't love it. Mostly because of my own issues.

Charlie and Gideon meet and marry quickly, which always seems to happen in books that appeal to me. Love (or lust?) at fi...more
Inga
My review:

I loved this book! I absolutely adored this book! I read it in one sitting and when I turned the last page, I still did not want to put this book away. Jessica McQuinn has created a fantastic book filled with romance, tragedy, sorrow, happiness, trust, family which is wonderfully combined into one story. I really enjoyed it, especially because she is dealing with very difficult topics and being able to show that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It had the magical aura around...more
Mell
This sounded like a great synopsis when I read it, and the high ratings were encouraging. But this book wasn't for me.

I had trouble with Indivisible from an early point, due in part to what felt like such juvenile characters. They acted more like bratty junior high kids- jumping to false assumptions, using your brother's vehicle and returning it trashed, fighting all the time because you can't talk to each other like adults, not bothering to look into what your husband's job actually involves. I...more
Fictional Bookshelf
deb22luvsbooks
This book touches on several difficult subjects....having been in the Military myself, I understand the trust issues that happen when military men/women go away on extended tours. Being away from the ones you love is never easy, but the stress of danger mixed into that only makes things worse. Add to that the incident that happens in this book to the person left behind and it makes for a compelling story. This books shows how small misunderstandings and assumptions can lead to grave consequences...more
Julia
This book hit home for me I cried and became mad at Charlie my heart broke for Gideon and Tyson but I could see their entire point of view! Very well written I think often people forget the pain the military families go through when their loved ones deploy. I started this book this morning while I sat at Starbucks sipping on my latte and I postponed my plans most of the day because I could not put it down. I love books like this so raw and hear felt truly a keeper. Thank you Jessica McQuinn for...more
D.C. Renee
I read this a while back, so the fact that I remember that I loved it means something.

It was powerful, it was emotional. I cried, I cringed, I cursed. Oh boy did I curse. I cursed at fictional characters as if they were real. Not sure if that is saying something about me or the book. We'll go with it saying something about the book.

The plot was great and there were moments I didn't expect, which is always a plus. The love felt real and the pain was even more so.

I felt for all the characters, but...more
Jeni
I stayed up all night and read this book. And I am still... speechless. What an incredible and amazing story and I feel so grateful to have had a chance to read this story. This will go on my favorite shelf. This was a courageous story filled with strong characters. I have been there, and I know what she felt, and I am proud to say that you did this story justice. There was such a strength in all the people who you shared and wrote about. (I keep repeating myself) Thank you for your story.
Brinda
I loved this book, even though it was a little more intense than I expected. This is no light and fluffy romance. The story starts on Charlie and Gideon's anniversary and you get the sense that they are a happy couple, but he has some bad news to deliver. Details of their whirlwind courtship come through flashbacks. I was hooked right away. I would recommend reading this with a box of tissues. **I don't like posting spoilers, but it is important to note that there is a rape scene.
WiLoveBooks
Sam
Another great read and really liked this contemporary military romance that shows the power of love can overcome everything, even through the most horrific experiences. I adored the main characters Charlie and Gideon and felt the author did a wonderful job with the supporting characters! All of them had a huge role to play in the story. Would definitely recommend but note this is no light and fluffy romance!

Stacey
Wow really intense and dramatic read! This book was not a typical read for me but nonetheless it was great. The book involved a very sensitive topic..My heart went out to the h Charlie for all she endured. The H Gideon was so loving and supportive. Loved their relationship. Also many fun and interesting characters made the book even better. Overall an unexpectedly great, heartwarming read...
Jill Fox
This book was a really heavy book and was about a very touchy subject, but it was done brillantly and seemed very tasteful.

You actually feel for the main character and at certain points I was actually shouting at my Kindle, sad I know but this book really pulled me in and it ended how it should.
Kasi Alexander
An excellent story, well written and thoughtful. The plot has some nice twists and turns and the characters are well-developed. Jessica is a master of showing motivation and encouraging emotional involvement. I was drawn completely into the story. Nicely done.
Jen
This book had so much potential. I felt like the writing just didn't live up to how great the story could have been. There were too many coincidences and some things fell too neatly into place.
Jennie
Great story lines. Don't know how Charlie could be so native about military "jobs". The plot lines were intriguing and loved the HEA ending for all and the epilogue was a nice finish.
Victoria
A great story that I thought well written.

The plot had some twist and turns that I wasn't expecting, but I enjoyed them.

Really liked the story.
Djenii
LOve love lovely !

Gosh I cried my eyes out !

Everybody should read this book !!!
Stephanie
Review to come.
  • Black and White
  • Passion Fish
  • Bad Behavior (Conduct #2)
  • Pieces of Us
  • The Way That You Play It
  • Gilded Cage
  • Life, Liberty, and Pursuit
  • Whirlwind
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • Fourteen
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • Cat O' Nine Tails
  • Three Daves
  • The Billionaire Bum
  • Old Wounds (Old Wounds, #1)
  • Take the Cake
  • Stitches and Scars
  • Grave Refrain: A Love/Ghost Story
Jessica McQuinn is a mom of two very active kids. They keep her busy running from activity to activity, but it is in those moments that she finds inspiration and has no problem pulling out a notebook to write down a few lines for her next story.

Married for 20 years to her high school crush, Jessica lives in Utah with her family. As a family they enjoy taking advantage of the extremes that can be f...more
More about Jessica McQuinn...
Big Guns Passion Fish A Valentine Anthology Summer Lovin' Anthology: Heat Wave