Start by marking “How to Raise a Boyfriend: The Definitive Manual for Educating Your Man” as Want to Read:
How to Raise a Boyfriend: The Definitive Manual for Educating Your Man

How to Raise a Boyfriend: The Definitive Manual for Educating Your Man

2.53 of 5 stars 2.53  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Rebecca Eckler shows women everywhere that while they're busy offering not-so-casual advice and reprimands to the men in their life, they've lost sight of an important fact: they're not dating a boyfriend, they're raising a boyfriend.

He wandered away from the checkout, leaving her to cope with an overflowing shopping car. He dashed in front of her to cross a busy intersect
Published February 1st 2011 by Doubleday Canada

To ask other readers questions about How to Raise a Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Raise a Boyfriend

Jennifer Rayment
The Good Stuff

* Extremely funny at times
* Self deprecating author, which regular readers of this blog will know I love
* Before requesting the book for review I had read tons of negative reviews on this book and I think alot of people missed the point about this -- humour -- If you don't have one -- get one!
* Very wise commentary on the fact that we should stop complaining about some of our men's less than stellar qualities and do something about them (and vise a versa -- us girls also have o
Liisa
I read this book in the mistaken belief it would be funny, instead it was silly and gave alot of rather useless and cliched advice, not recommended!
Renee
This book was a good light read. It was great to know that other women feel and go through the same things with their boyfriends/husbands. There were examples given in the book that seem unbelievable, but makes you think, if there's a guy out there that really do/say those things, my man might not be that bad! :)

Overall, a fun and easy-to-pick-up kind of book. But i wouldn't recommend it to someone that is looking to 'cure' their relationship.
PrairieReader
While not a Rebecca Eckler fan, I found this book to be pretty entertaining and certainly easy to read (like, three days easy to read!). I could see myself in some of her behavior and the love of my life in some of her boyfriends' behavior, but she honestly came across as a bit of an unlikeable character. When I read the LOML some of it, his only comment was, "Surely she must be single."
Eve
Piece of fluff. Taken in the right way, it can be funny at times and I do appreciate some of her humor. Would never read it again, wouldn't pay money for it, etc. but it was kind of fun reading about all the ridiculous things her boyfriends have done/said.
I really wanted to like this book, but it was just annoying. I had to skip over most of her sections. I only liked the advice from the dr. I also skipped a few chapters because those things just don't bug me! I wouldn't waste your time reading this...
Tiana
Pointless, fluffy, silly and awesomely full of men who behave worse than my ex.

Reading this was like eating a box of chocolates - fun and tasty in the beginning, but you end up feeling sick by the middle and have a hard time finishing it.
Jodelene
Thought this was an awesome book! Highly recommended for Women and Men!
Louise
Total nonsense. A book on dog training would work better....
Suzanne
Read and reviewed for Quill & Quire, April 2011 issue.
Siobhan Forbes
Siobhan Forbes marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Jordan Gunter
Jordan Gunter marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Lut Celestin
Lut Celestin marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Jess B
Jess B marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Priyanka
Priyanka marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Cameron
Cameron marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Amy Drumm
Amy Drumm marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Sydney Willis
Sydney Willis marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Jessica Tuzzeo
Jessica Tuzzeo marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Liz Swan
Liz Swan marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Ginnie Grant
Ginnie Grant marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Ciara Salazar
Ciara Salazar marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Maggie Neary
Maggie Neary marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Have Him at Hello: Confessions from 1,000 Guys About What Makes Them Fall in Love . . . Or Never Call Back
  • On the Outside Looking Indian: How My Second Childhood Changed My Life
  • Magnified World
  • It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy
  • The Dirtiest Race in History: Ben Johnson, Carl Lewis and the Olympic 100m Final
  • Bitches on a Budget: Sage Advice for Surviving Tough Times in Style
  • Beacham's Sourcebook For Teaching Young Adult Fiction: Exploring Harry Potter
  • The Anglo-Saxon Age: A Very Short Introduction
  • MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search For A New Best Friend
  • The Moses Quilt (The Quilt, #1)
  • My Sisters Made of Light
  • Folly
  • Modern Vintage Style
  • My Year of Living Fearlessly
  • Introducing Aunt Dimity, Paranormal Detective: The First Two Books in the Beloved Series
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Work
  • The Nighttime Novelist: Finish Your Novel in Your Spare Time
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 Spells
Knocked Up: Confessions of a Hip Mother-to-be Wiped!: Life with a Pint-size Dictator Toddlers Gone Wild!: Rants From a Mommy Brain The Lucky Sperm Club Rotten Apple