Start by marking “How to Raise a Boyfriend: The Definitive Manual for Educating Your Man” as Want to Read:
How to Raise a Boyfriend: The Definitive Manual for Educating Your Man

How to Raise a Boyfriend: The Definitive Manual for Educating Your Man

2.61 of 5 stars 2.61  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Rebecca Eckler shows women everywhere that while they're busy offering not-so-casual advice and reprimands to the men in their life, they've lost sight of an important fact: they're not dating a boyfriend, they're raising a boyfriend.

He wandered away from the checkout, leaving her to cope with an overflowing shopping car. He dashed in front of her to cross a busy intersect
Published February 1st 2011 by Doubleday Canada

To ask other readers questions about How to Raise a Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Raise a Boyfriend

Jennifer Rayment
The Good Stuff

* Extremely funny at times
* Self deprecating author, which regular readers of this blog will know I love
* Before requesting the book for review I had read tons of negative reviews on this book and I think alot of people missed the point about this -- humour -- If you don't have one -- get one!
* Very wise commentary on the fact that we should stop complaining about some of our men's less than stellar qualities and do something about them (and vise a versa -- us girls also have o
I read this book in the mistaken belief it would be funny, instead it was silly and gave alot of rather useless and cliched advice, not recommended!
This book was a good light read. It was great to know that other women feel and go through the same things with their boyfriends/husbands. There were examples given in the book that seem unbelievable, but makes you think, if there's a guy out there that really do/say those things, my man might not be that bad! :)

Overall, a fun and easy-to-pick-up kind of book. But i wouldn't recommend it to someone that is looking to 'cure' their relationship.
While not a Rebecca Eckler fan, I found this book to be pretty entertaining and certainly easy to read (like, three days easy to read!). I could see myself in some of her behavior and the love of my life in some of her boyfriends' behavior, but she honestly came across as a bit of an unlikeable character. When I read the LOML some of it, his only comment was, "Surely she must be single."
Piece of fluff. Taken in the right way, it can be funny at times and I do appreciate some of her humor. Would never read it again, wouldn't pay money for it, etc. but it was kind of fun reading about all the ridiculous things her boyfriends have done/said.
I really wanted to like this book, but it was just annoying. I had to skip over most of her sections. I only liked the advice from the dr. I also skipped a few chapters because those things just don't bug me! I wouldn't waste your time reading this...
Pointless, fluffy, silly and awesomely full of men who behave worse than my ex.

Reading this was like eating a box of chocolates - fun and tasty in the beginning, but you end up feeling sick by the middle and have a hard time finishing it.
Thought this was an awesome book! Highly recommended for Women and Men!
Total nonsense. A book on dog training would work better....
Read and reviewed for Quill & Quire, April 2011 issue.
Dian Romonosky
Dian Romonosky marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Olivia marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Sachi marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Jeff Tyii
Jeff Tyii marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Kate marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Michelle Johnson
Michelle Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Kiri marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Johanne Buison
Johanne Buison marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Kaitie Owen
Kaitie Owen marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Emily Lucas
Emily Lucas marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
April Morton
April Morton marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Mhik Eugocat
Mhik Eugocat marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Muslimah Wali
Muslimah Wali marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Dani marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Kaitlyn Kutchman
Kaitlyn Kutchman marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Dominique marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Carie Howell
Carie Howell marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Pat Elvidge
Pat Elvidge marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
  • Have Him at Hello: Confessions from 1,000 Guys About What Makes Them Fall in Love . . . Or Never Call Back
  • On the Outside Looking Indian: How My Second Childhood Changed My Life
  • Magnified World
  • It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy
  • The Dirtiest Race in History: Ben Johnson, Carl Lewis and the Olympic 100m Final
  • MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search For A New Best Friend
  • Beacham's Sourcebook For Teaching Young Adult Fiction: Exploring Harry Potter
  • THE QUESTION: Teaching Your Child the Essentials of Classical Education
  • Parenting the Wholehearted Child: Captivating Your Child's Heart with God's Extravagant Grace
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Work
  • Congo Dawn
  • Will Write for Shoes: How to Write a Chick Lit Novel
  • My Year of Living Fearlessly
  • Modern Vintage Style
Knocked Up: Confessions of a Hip Mother-to-be Wiped!: Life with a Pint-size Dictator Toddlers Gone Wild!: Rants From a Mommy Brain The Lucky Sperm Club Rotten Apple