Start by marking “How to Raise a Boyfriend: The Definitive Manual for Educating Your Man” as Want to Read:
How to Raise a Boyfriend: The Definitive Manual for Educating Your Man

How to Raise a Boyfriend: The Definitive Manual for Educating Your Man

Rebecca Eckler shows women everywhere that while they're busy offering not-so-casual advice and reprimands to the men in their life, they've lost sight of an important fact: they're not dating a boyfriend, they're raising a boyfriend.

He wandered away from the checkout, leaving her to cope with an overflowing shopping car. He dashed in front of her to cross a busy intersect
Published February 1st 2011 by Doubleday Canada

To ask other readers questions about How to Raise a Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Raise a Boyfriend

BookCupid
Dec 14, 2015 BookCupid rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Does your man cancel last minute plans? Says you are acting too clingy? Farts in front of you or refuses to do housework? If you said yes to any of these questions, it's time for a relationship makeover.

Eeckler provides 45 lessons, all including men behaving badly stories (like a guy who left his girlfriend at the supermarket with a cart filled with his food because he was bored), then proceeds to give us a male therapist opinion, her exes' opinion, her crushes opinion, her bikini esthetician's
Jennifer Rayment
Feb 12, 2011 Jennifer Rayment rated it liked it
The Good Stuff

* Extremely funny at times
* Self deprecating author, which regular readers of this blog will know I love
* Before requesting the book for review I had read tons of negative reviews on this book and I think alot of people missed the point about this -- humour -- If you don't have one -- get one!
* Very wise commentary on the fact that we should stop complaining about some of our men's less than stellar qualities and do something about them (and vise a versa -- us girls also have o
Renee
Sep 30, 2011 Renee rated it it was ok
This book was a good light read. It was great to know that other women feel and go through the same things with their boyfriends/husbands. There were examples given in the book that seem unbelievable, but makes you think, if there's a guy out there that really do/say those things, my man might not be that bad! :)

Overall, a fun and easy-to-pick-up kind of book. But i wouldn't recommend it to someone that is looking to 'cure' their relationship.
PrairieReader
Mar 12, 2012 PrairieReader rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
While not a Rebecca Eckler fan, I found this book to be pretty entertaining and certainly easy to read (like, three days easy to read!). I could see myself in some of her behavior and the love of my life in some of her boyfriends' behavior, but she honestly came across as a bit of an unlikeable character. When I read the LOML some of it, his only comment was, "Surely she must be single."
Mar 16, 2011 Jennifer rated it did not like it
I really wanted to like this book, but it was just annoying. I had to skip over most of her sections. I only liked the advice from the dr. I also skipped a few chapters because those things just don't bug me! I wouldn't waste your time reading this...
Eve
Mar 07, 2011 Eve rated it it was ok
Piece of fluff. Taken in the right way, it can be funny at times and I do appreciate some of her humor. Would never read it again, wouldn't pay money for it, etc. but it was kind of fun reading about all the ridiculous things her boyfriends have done/said.
Tiana
Nov 05, 2011 Tiana rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011-books
Pointless, fluffy, silly and awesomely full of men who behave worse than my ex.

Reading this was like eating a box of chocolates - fun and tasty in the beginning, but you end up feeling sick by the middle and have a hard time finishing it.
Carmen
Jun 08, 2016 Carmen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
Such a funny book! A quick read, but Eckler does share insights from both men and women and why there is a disconnect in the things we do.
Liisa
Sep 10, 2016 Liisa rated it did not like it
I read this book in the mistaken belief it would be funny, instead it was silly and gave alot of rather useless and cliched advice, not recommended!
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Sheruni
Sheruni rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Karmen
Karmen rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Ewoolley
Ewoolley rated it did not like it
Oct 18, 2011
Unique Steward
Unique Steward rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2013
Suzanne
Feb 05, 2011 Suzanne rated it did not like it
Shelves: canadian
Read and reviewed for Quill & Quire, April 2011 issue.
Umapranam
Umapranam rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2016
Paige
Paige rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2014
Atastefortravel
Atastefortravel rated it did not like it
Apr 04, 2014
Katiehelfand
Katiehelfand rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Ala
Ala rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
April Okane
April Okane rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Prathi
Prathi rated it did not like it
Jul 08, 2016
Whitney Brooks
Whitney Brooks rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2016
Mkyah Williams
Mkyah Williams rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2014
Raman K
Raman K rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2013
Crystal Dunham
Crystal Dunham rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2013
Jillian
Jillian rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Lauren Gagne
Lauren Gagne rated it did not like it
Jun 24, 2016
  • Have Him at Hello: Confessions from 1,000 Guys About What Makes Them Fall in Love . . . Or Never Call Back
  • On the Outside Looking Indian: How My Second Childhood Changed My Life
  • Magnified World
  • It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy
  • Beacham's Sourcebook For Teaching Young Adult Fiction: Exploring Harry Potter
  • The Moses Quilt (The Quilt, #1)
  • The Dirtiest Race in History: Ben Johnson, Carl Lewis and the Olympic 100m Final
  • THE QUESTION: Teaching Your Child the Essentials of Classical Education