Start by marking “The Words That Shaped Me: A journalist's brilliant, touching and hilarious journey through the dictionary and life” as Want to Read:
Preview

4.86 of 5 stars 4.86  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In The Words That Shaped Me, journalist Aliza Davidovit takes the reader through the dictionary while also unfolding her own unusual life as an interviewer of the who's who, as the too sexy ex-wife of a clergyman, and as a colorful character who somehow cannot have a simple encounter with anyone she meets.

Davidovit ushers the reader through life alphabetically with wisdom,
Kindle Edition
Published November 24th 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Words That Shaped Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Words That Shaped Me

Desire
Excellent prose, very funny to the point of been hilarious. I recommend this book to everyone, a must read . Once you start reading it you won't put it down till the finish.
Bojan Tunguz
When I first came across this book I really didn't know what to expect. The premise held a lot of appeal to me - growing up I had a very keen appreciation for interesting words, especially those of foreign origin. I used to be the nerdy kid who would actually read the dictionary for fun. When I started learning English, and especially when I started attending English-speaking educational institutions, I was thrust into, whether I liked it or not, a gargantuan volume of new words and phrases. Ini ...more
Steven R. McEvoy
Aliza Daviodit writes an open and honest and very refreshing biography. The book is composed of many facets. Much like a jewel or like most human personalities, it is a mix of part expose, part self deprecation, part humour and part dictionary. Aliza has lived a very interesting life - from a night she was almost drugged and taken advantage of, to a deep sense of betrayal by Connie Chung. The story is written as a flow through the alphabet from A to Z. Each chapter of the book is alphabetical an ...more
Aliza Davidovit
Mar 12, 2011 Aliza Davidovit rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Larry King says it’s "terrific." Jackie Mason calls the book "brilliant and hilarious." They have both endorsed the book’s covers. J!-ENTERTAINMENT "highly recommends" it. The Examiner and Amazon's top reviewers give the book FIVE STARS, saying, "The book is an absolute joy to read."
Aliza Davidovit
Mar 12, 2011 Aliza Davidovit rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)

Yoram Roxan
Yoram Roxan marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Himali
Himali marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2012
B.D.S.M.Matter
B.D.S.M.Matter marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2011
Mellissa
Mellissa marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2011
Dan Smee
Dan Smee marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2011
Aliza is a published writer, author, journalist and former TV producer. She has her B.A. from McGill University and a Master's of Science in journalism from Columbia University.

She worked at ABC News "20/20" for six years with Connie Chung and in the ABC News Terrorism/Investigations Unit with John Miller. Aliza was also a producer and booker at the Fox News Channel where she helped launch Fox's p
More about Aliza Davidovit...
Spunky the Monkey: The Animate Kingdom The Words That Shaped Me: A journalist's brilliant, touching and hilarious journey through the dictionary and life. The Words That Shaped Me: A journalist’s brilliant, touching and hilarious journey through the dictionary and life.