Start by marking “Fake, Volume 05” as Want to Read:
Fake, Volume 05

Fake, Volume 05 (Fake #5)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  1,177 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Contains two stories, one of which centers around JJ and his old friend and police academy buddy, Max. Max was once a good guy, but now he's a bad cop. JJ's faith in his friend (and the system) is put to the test when a shooting goes horribly wrong.
Published January 13th 2004 by TokyoPop (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Fake, Volume 05, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fake, Volume 05

Sophie
Jul 23, 2016 Sophie rated it really liked it
Yes! Finally this series seems to be back on track, with interesting and character-building stories. The first story adds on to the short story from volume 3 about the death of Ryo's parents. This shows a different side to Ryo, though it is diapppointing to not see the bad guys apprehended. The second story, whilst blunt and brief, does make JJ a more rounded character, than just being Dee's fanboy. I enjoyed the Bikky story at the end - it's one of the better Bikky stories. Though why do Lai an ...more
Emily G
Feb 12, 2011 Emily G rated it it was amazing
In the first story, Ryo finds out more about his parents' murder, fortunately Dee is there to pick up the emotional pieces. Oh, and Diana turns up again, albeit briefly.

The second story focuses on J.J. with him meeting up with an old friend on the force that he was close to. For me this was a turning point, as I'd found his character pretty annoying and insubstantial up to this point in the series, but here he reveals himself to be so much more than his crush on Dee!

The last story is about Carol
Leila Anani
Nov 16, 2012 Leila Anani rated it it was amazing
My favourite volume in the series so far. Ryo finds out who killed his parents and Dee is the only one who can stop him killing them in revenge. This is followed by another really dark story cenred around the annoying J.J - an old friend is transferred only it turns out that he's corrupt and tries to steal cocane from the evidence room. Finally we have a weird Bikky/Carol, Lai/Lass story in which Lai and Bikky get kidnapped. Lai and Less seem to have special powers - Lass is Telepathic and Lai t ...more
Bark's Book Nonsense
Nov 12, 2009 Bark's Book Nonsense rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Another fun entry in this series. I am going to be so sad when I finish up #7, the last book in the series. I didn't enjoy this one as much as #4 but it was still a solid entry in the series. This time the boys are investigating a murder case that has ties back to Ryo and tests his kinder, gentler nature (at least in comparison to Dee). Bikky and Carol (who start the book at 10 & 13 and age to 15 & 18 in the last chapter)interrupt Dee's latest attempt to deflower Ryo. JJ appears for some ...more
Kirsti
Nov 11, 2012 Kirsti rated it it was amazing
What I really liked this one for was JJ. I mean, he's the obsessed, over the top cutesy character, although when he's not glomping Dee he has a sexy secretary look going for him. Here we find he has more than just feelings for Dee, but interacts with other characters as well. I mean, he's always hung around Drake, but we get a bit of back story that was nice. Another great book, another five stars :)
Mikael Kuoppala
Oct 19, 2014 Mikael Kuoppala rated it really liked it
“Fake” started out completely silly but loveable, then progressed into more serious territories and lost some of that initial charm. Volume 5 finally sees the series find itself completely. It’s witty, clever, funny but loaded with dark themes the crime solving set-up offers. Corruption within the police force is the main subject this time, and it is approached quite well.
Ceejay
Aug 31, 2015 Ceejay rated it liked it
This fifth volume of Fake continues the story of two gay New york cops. The stories are enjoyable, and the plots could be used with two straight cops. Have these two boys in blue fully expressed thsie love? You'll have to read it to find out!
Alex
En este tomo hay menos comedia de lo acostumbrada, y también el extraña caída libre de 23 pisos de Bikky y compañía.
Una amiga me está presionando a que termine de leer para prestárselos; de otra forma yo seguiría en el dos.
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2012
Megan Mikage
Megan Mikage rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2012
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2012
Jessica Mayner-bowers
Jessica Mayner-bowers rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Zsuzsi
Zsuzsi rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2014
Noura
Noura rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Nefer
Nefer rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2012
Jed Elphick
Jed Elphick rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Emina
Emina rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
J. Jobe
J. Jobe rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2012
Briane Aguirre
Briane Aguirre rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Victoria Kenna
Victoria Kenna rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Bookfan92
Bookfan92 rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2011
Pauline
Pauline rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2010
Adriana
Adriana rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Evin Rogers
Evin Rogers rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2011
Sarah rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2012
Spring Holbrook
Spring Holbrook rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2011
Zahraa' Zalzalah
Zahraa' Zalzalah rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2015
Louise
Louise rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2014
  • Yellow, Volume 03
  • Love Mode, Vol. 3
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 2 (Eerie Queerie!, #2)
  • Gravitation, Volume 08