Start by marking “Fake, Volume 05” as Want to Read:
Fake, Volume 05

Fake, Volume 05 (Fake #5)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  993 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Contains two stories, one of which centers around JJ and his old friend and police academy buddy, Max. Max was once a good guy, but now he's a bad cop. JJ's faith in his friend (and the system) is put to the test when a shooting goes horribly wrong.
Published January 13th 2004 by TokyoPop (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Fake, Volume 05, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fake, Volume 05

amelia cavendish
In the first story, Ryo finds out more about his parents' murder, fortunately Dee is there to pick up the emotional pieces. Oh, and Diana turns up again, albeit briefly.

The second story focuses on J.J. with him meeting up with an old friend on the force that he was close to. For me this was a turning point, as I'd found his character pretty annoying and insubstantial up to this point in the series, but here he reveals himself to be so much more than his crush on Dee!

The last story is about Carol
Leila Anani
My favourite volume in the series so far. Ryo finds out who killed his parents and Dee is the only one who can stop him killing them in revenge. This is followed by another really dark story cenred around the annoying J.J - an old friend is transferred only it turns out that he's corrupt and tries to steal cocane from the evidence room. Finally we have a weird Bikky/Carol, Lai/Lass story in which Lai and Bikky get kidnapped. Lai and Less seem to have special powers - Lass is Telepathic and Lai t ...more
Bark's Book Nonsense
Another fun entry in this series. I am going to be so sad when I finish up #7, the last book in the series. I didn't enjoy this one as much as #4 but it was still a solid entry in the series. This time the boys are investigating a murder case that has ties back to Ryo and tests his kinder, gentler nature (at least in comparison to Dee). Bikky and Carol (who start the book at 10 & 13 and age to 15 & 18 in the last chapter)interrupt Dee's latest attempt to deflower Ryo. JJ appears for some ...more
Kirsti
What I really liked this one for was JJ. I mean, he's the obsessed, over the top cutesy character, although when he's not glomping Dee he has a sexy secretary look going for him. Here we find he has more than just feelings for Dee, but interacts with other characters as well. I mean, he's always hung around Drake, but we get a bit of back story that was nice. Another great book, another five stars :)
Shahna
Loved this series. It was the first manga I had ever read. Once of my favorites.
Nikki
I love the section that focuses on JJ -- it's nice that he gets some more depth here.
Jenn
Fake, Vol. 5 by Sanami Matoh (2004)
laura
best in the series so far!
Brianna
Excellent. I love it.
  • Yellow, Volume 04
  • Love Mode Vol. 3 (Love Mode, #3)
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 4 (Eerie Queerie!, #4)
  • Gravitation, Volume 08