Start by marking “Does Anybody Have a Problem with That?: The Best of Politically Incorrect” as Want to Read:
Does Anybody Have a Problem with That?: The Best of Politically Incorrect

Does Anybody Have a Problem with That?: The Best of Politically Incorrect

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  14 reviews
WITH BILL MAHER, ITS NEVER POLITICS AS USUAL!

Conservatives know what they want and they never forget it. Except for the time Reagan went to the Vietnam Memorial and shouted, Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

Heidi Fleiss and Dr. Kevorkian [are] two visionaries of American social life, the queen and king of coming and going.

The Packwood diaries must be pretty racy, because mo
Published December 8th 2010 by Ballantine Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Does Anybody Have a Problem with That?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Does Anybody Have a Problem with That?

Emily
I was concerned prior to reading this book that I wouldn't get many of the jokes, having been between 12 and 14 years old when the show aired. I had very little idea what was going on in the world at that time, being an extremely sheltered young church-goer in rural Minnesota. I find; however, that I have been sufficiently educated since then so that I at least had a vague idea about what was being discussed, which increased my enjoyment of Maher's humor significantly.
I never watched Politicall
Angel
This is basically a collection of Maher's monologues and some guest quotes from his show Politically Incorrect. On the one hand, much of the material has not aged well; it covers mostly the decade of the 1990s, so the references are pretty much of the time. On the other hand, a few pieces do remain timeless, and in one or two cases, even relevant to the situations we see in society today. I did not rate this higher because the quality of the pieces is fairly inconsistent. Some are good; a few ar ...more
Bunny
I'm not a die hard Bill Maher fan. I agree with a great deal of what he says, but he also says things that cause me to roll my eyes and flip the page. This makes him BFF Material, in my opinion. This is what I like to deal with, someone with at least a couple of opinions that work for me, and disagreements laid out in clear yet hilarious terms.

What's really sad about this book is, all of the episodes referenced were from pre 1994. It's almost 20 years later, and people are still having the same
Lydia
The political satirist/comedian offers his views on the state of the United States during the Bush-Clinton 90s. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it whether you agree with him or not. Bill came across as a bit more conservative than you would think. A lot of his opinions do have a common sense element.
Matthew
great, snappy collection of short monologues from Bill's original show. Still love the defense of Bill Clinton as our tribal chieftain with the biggest spear, coming out years before Monica. Maher will prove himself to be an important voice for our era, agree or disagree with his conclusions
Brian
Sep 10, 2007 Brian rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tauhid Zaman
Maher was not always so liberal and anti-religious. Like all conscious thinkers, he is a flip-flopper.
Enjoyable quick read with each page taking only a minute and each section only ten.
Chandler
Good synopsis of the early days of this show. Many of Maher's monologues are just as relevant today, even though 15+ years old. A pop culture and society prophet? Maybe so.
Andy
I like reading slightly old political humor. It's interesting to compare it to how people see things through the lens of a decade or so. And it had its laughs.
Phoena
I enjoyed reading it. I like his sense of humor and always have. Some issues were dated but some still ring true.
Matt Sheridan
blather- though it's interesting to see how Maher's politics have evolved from 93-94 to today.
Patrick
Probably a lot of points being made that are moot now, but it was a fun read at the time.
Cheryl
From the Politically Incorrect series. So happy HBO brought him back on tv.
Gina
I saw this in a used bookstore yesterday and realized I had read it long ago.
Angela
Great political satire
Christy Sanson
Christy Sanson marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Ariel Ehrman
Ariel Ehrman marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Kylee
Kylee marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Parker
Parker marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
MKIM
MKIM marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Susan Degnan
Susan Degnan marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Jeremey
Jeremey marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Eric Potter
Eric Potter marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • How to Win a Fight with a Conservative
  • Pitchforks and Torches: The Worst of the Worst, from Beck, Bill, and Bush to Palin and Other Posturing Republicans
  • Dogfight: The 2012 Presidential Campaign in Verse
  • I'm Dreaming of a Black Christmas
  • Dads Are the Original Hipsters
  • Don't Let the Republican Drive the Bus!
  • Billionaires & Ballot Bandits: How to Steal an Election in 9 Easy Steps
  • Legends, Lies & Cherished Myths of World History
  • The Greatest Presidential Stories Never Told: 100 Tales from History to Astonish, Bewilder, and Stupefy
  • Reduced Shakespeare: The Attention-impaired Readers Guide to the World's Best Playwright
  • The Wit and Wisdom of Abraham Lincoln: A Book of Quotations
  • Aristotle and an Aardvark Go to Washington
  • Monty Python and Philosophy: Nudge Nudge, Think Think!
  • The Truth About Santa: Wormholes, Robots, and What Really Happens on Christmas Eve
  • Me the People: One Man's Selfless Quest to Rewrite the Constitution of the United States of America
  • The Gettysburg Address: A Graphic Adaptation
  • In the Name of God: The True Story of the Fight to Save Children from Faith-Healing Homicide
  • Almost President: The Men Who Lost the Race but Changed the Nation
William Maher, Jr., is an American comedian, actor, writer, and producer. He hosted the late-night television talk show Politically Incorrect on Comedy Central and ABC, and is currently the host of Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO. On June 1, 2006, he also began hosting an Internet-exclusive talk show on Amazon.com entitled Amazon Fishbowl.

Maher is known for his political satire and sociopolitical
More about Bill Maher...
New Rules: Polite Musings from a Timid Observer The New New Rules: A Funny Look At How Everybody But Me Has Their Head Up Their Ass When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin Laden: What the Government Should Be Telling Us to Help Fight the War on Terrorism True Story When You Ride Alone You Still Ride With Bin Laden: What the Government Should Be Telling Us to Help Fight the War on Terrorism and Still Isn't

“Don't you miss the days when America was just MORALLY bankrupt?” 27 likes