Start by marking “Silver (Bandia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Silver (Bandia, #1)

Silver (Bandia #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  3,073 Ratings  ·  259 Reviews
As I step into the room, a silver flash blurs my vision. Before I can take a breath, the world falls away.

Brianna has always felt invisible. People stare right past her, including the one boy she can't resist, Blake Williams. But everything changes at a house party where Brianna's charm bracelet slips off and time stands still. In that one frozen, silver moment, Blake not
Published September 8th 2012 by Flux (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Silver, please sign up.

Liza Street There is some sexual content, and lots of hot guys, but it doesn't dominate the story, if that's what you're asking. The kissing scenes are tasteful,…moreThere is some sexual content, and lots of hot guys, but it doesn't dominate the story, if that's what you're asking. The kissing scenes are tasteful, and the sexier part isn't explicit at all. Hope this helps!(less)

manda
Wow. What a mess. What an utter. mess.

To begin with, I'll have to hand it to ya, if you want something steamy; a young-adult novel with a lot of vague sexual content, make-out sessions, and some yummy oral sex references, then this is your go-to book. If you happen to enjoy a bit of the paranormal-slash-mythology strewn into the books you read, then there's a bonus, too.

And you know what, steamy scenes are lovely and all that. I can enjoy me a good romp session between the pages. But there's got
Eunice

The first time this book landed on my sight I know it's gonna be a good book. So when I saw this in Netgalley, I requested it right away. But I got declined. So I requested it again. And still I got declined. By this time I was almost so willing to just wait for this book to be released. But then I said just one more time. (I could be really persistent or hardheaded. Ha!) I did a little editing on my bio then requested it for the third time. And fina-freaking-lly, they approved me!

I'm
Katy
Apr 22, 2012 Katy rated it it was amazing
This one is kind of hard to review because after a quarter of the way through, I knew this was going to be one of those books where I had to read the whole way through to determine how much I liked it, and I knew I was going to absolutely love it or absolutely hate it. Turns out, this book blew me away.

I liked that this was not your typical paranormal romance. It had to do with mythology, magic and a love story that was 1000 years old. I had no idea what to expect because it was story kept me on
Celine
Apr 16, 2013 Celine rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
This review is also at my blog
_______________________________________

Actual rating: 1.5 stars

*sigh*

Oh, Silver, what to do with you?
First, let's get this out of the way: if you want a good book, this is not it.

The Characters

Ugh. All the women in this book are portrayed as slutty sex toys, except of course for our lovely, stunning, beautiful, great-looking, did I mention beautiful? protagonist Brianna. I was really disturbed by this. This book was written by a woman. And yet every single girl
Susana
I always try to finish a book in the hopes, that the story will get better...
Maybe that will happen with this one....but, honestly i don't place much faith on it,considering it's route.

So far we have spoiled brats, a girl who must be beautiful, although no one notices that _ due to a piece of jewelry that she uses... _ her friends, who are just...too meaningless, for me to use more words regarding them( and leave at that...because honestly those tv series, like 90210, keep popping in my mind) an
Julianna Helms
Jul 26, 2012 Julianna Helms rated it really liked it
Actual, full review: Original is scheduled to post here on my blog) on September 3rd, 2012, when I will be hosting my stop on the Silver blog tour. Stop by! And You Goodreads peeps get an early glimpse! Yay!

When describing Silver, the words clever--or perhaps witty--astounding, and bewilderingly intense come to mind. In this fascinating tale tangling threads of ancient Celtic myth and an authentic yet strong heroine, Silver manages to do three things: 1) make itself feel as valuable as silver (
Suzanne
Aug 26, 2012 Suzanne rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and feel sad to be leaving this world behind for a while. I can't wait for the next book in this series.

Brianna doesn't stand out in a crowd. Well, that's an understatement, it's like she's not even there. Especially with guys, they can't even make eye contact with her. She's been introduced to her crush for the last two years, Blake, so many times and he still doesn't know she's alive. She thinks she must have some kind of problem with her pheromones.

Until the night
Hannah  (Hannah Plus Books)
Jun 22, 2015 Hannah (Hannah Plus Books) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
If it's one book that will keep you on the edge of your seat this year, it's Silver by Talia Vance.

Okay, so I use that sentence a lot. I admit, I adore so many books that I'll probably say that sentence nine out of ten times. But this time, it's different. I can't quite describe why, but not since I read Glitch by Heather Anastasiu have I felt so emotionally tied to a book.

Brianna Paxton is a wallflower, and there's no perks that go with it. Boys don't see her - she's a fleeting glance, invisibl
J.A. Belfield
Jun 14, 2012 J.A. Belfield rated it really liked it
To begin, I opened up the first page of the book, and got zapped straight into the scene.
Score = 1.
Within a few pages, I understood that the book had decent pacing.
Score = 2.
Then I realised a hell of a lot was happening in the first couple of chapters—most of it unexplained (because the MC didn’t get it) and with all motivations for what happened totally unclear.
Score = back to 1
But I THEN realised that the fact I didn’t quite get what was happening and why didn’t matter in the slightest, becaus
equilibri
Don't touch this with a ten-foot pole. Seriously.
The writing is atrocious. The characterization, plot, romance and 'mythology' are absolute rubbish. The protagonists (both male and female) reach a never-before-seen level of revoltingness.
This is one of the worst 'books' I've ever tried to read, and I don't understand how anyone could make a decision to publish this.
Sneha Gurumurthy
Sep 05, 2012 Sneha Gurumurthy rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Recommended to Sneha by: My own stupid self
This was.... a shallow, soppy, angsty, drama-filled, soap-opera worthy, love fest. That's all. Seriously. I mean hasn't the forbidden-love concept been done like a million times already? I was totally pumped I got an ARC, but I swear, I didn't expect it to be so.. I don't know? Predictable? Yeah, I guess you could say predictable. Now let's see what exactly I liked.

1. The Concept- This was different for a change. No sparkly vampires, stereotypical werewolves, witches or whatever. This is a folk
Marie
His face turns serious. “We should stop.”
“We should stop,” I repeat, hoping that if I say it out loud I can find the strength to follow through. We both know what could happen if we don’t.
Blake leans back, putting distance between us. He’s still breathing hard. We watch as the thread of silver light fades into the darkness.
I turn to face him. “You know, it wasn’t so bad.”
“What?”
“Carrying your soul around.”
“Better you than me.” He smiles at me and takes my hand.
“I might not mind … ” I let my voi
Parvathy
This is my first venture into the mythological fiction catogory were the myth retold was not Greek, Hindu or Norse but Celtic. Suffice to say I am the not as well versed with that one to feel outraged when the author takes liberties and frankly I am even less qualified to judge the story. So keeping the story and the myth aside for a moment I am going to analyse this book on the basis of writing style and characterizations.

For those of you who need a plot to go by the story goes like this.

We hav
~Tina~

Brianna has always been invisible. The kind of girl who fades into the background at parties while her friends work the floor. This isn't anything new. Acceptable but still disappointing all the same.
But things are different when Brianna and her friends goes to this party. There Brianna was, quietly pining over an old obsession while he flirts with her best friend, but this is normal she reminds herself, it doesn't matter that he doesn't notice her, no matter how much Blake effects her.
Megan
Apr 29, 2013 Megan rated it really liked it
This was such a great book! I think I liked it mostly because it is not like an average book of its genre. It was totally a paranormal book, but I loved how the author was able to throw in some mythological aspects as well.. I don’t know why but any time there is a mythological aspect the guys in the book always seem to be hotter ;)
I also loved that, even though Brianna knew something was different about her, she never really stuck her head in the sand. First she turned it into a science projec
Christina
The original review can be found here on The Book Hookup.

Actual rating of 4.5, but I couldn't make myself round down. I loved this!

**Note** An eBook of this title was provided by the publishers via Net Galley. However, that did not influence this review in any way.

Rachel
Aug 17, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, net-galley
Brianna Paxton was invisible. No matter what she did, she always remained in the shadow of her best friend Haley. Not that she minded most of the time. Because there was something from her past that she didn’t want anyone to know. Something she’d done. Something so bad even her mother seemed afraid of her.

But when it came to Blake Williams she wished he could see her. She kept count of the times that she saw him and that he acted as if she wasn’t even there. She wished that he would flirt with h
Gretchen Hohmeyer
Aug 10, 2012 Gretchen Hohmeyer rated it it was amazing
This review originally appeared HERE on my blog, My Life is a Notebook.

I don’t even know where to start with this book. I went into it a little apprehensively, because the blurb made it sound like Brie might be another one of those girls who goes on and on about how she’s not pretty and then whoops there would be this insta-love thing and I would be left knocking my head against my desk.

That didn’t happen.

First off, Brie is totally relatable. She’s geeky, but not in the overpowering, stereotype
Angelya (Tea in the Treetops)
Review originally posted on The Oaken Bookcase on November 6, 2012.

Brianna is a Bandia – a descendant of the Celtic goddess Danu. Her grandmother gave her a special charm bracelet that was to protect her and keep her powers at bay until her seventeenth birthday, but when the bracelet is removed during a party at college, Brianna is revealed to the Sons of Killian – an order that exists to hunt down and kill the Bandia.

Silver ended up being a bit of an odd read for me. I was immersed in the stor
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It is always so nice when you find a book that just blows you away with just how great and unexpected it is.

When you get a storyline and characters that are completely unparalleled to what else is out there in the world of YA paranormal.

I loved that I didn't have all the answers with this one right away. That there was so much mystery involved in just what the heck was going on. That normally bugs me with stories, when I don't even have a clue who is good or bad or what is even happening with e
Jenny
Sep 06, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5/5

Silver is an intriguing first installment, delighting us with a touch of Celtic mythology as well as a deeply forbidden romance, and keeping us on the edge of our seats as life for young Brianna gets more complex by the page. Tensions run extraordinarily high the more we learn of Brianna’s lineage and the cycle of violence that plagues those like her, defeat settling on our shoulders with a tangible weight as the fate of all the young women before her becomes brutally clear. While t
Raven_Blake
May 04, 2012 Raven_Blake rated it really liked it
I've really gave this a book try because it speaks full of forbidden romance between Brianna and Blake.I was a little bit confused with the plot at the start and with all the things about the gods and goddess but after reading further I'd really get it.There is a total Hate and love relationship between Bri and Blake even though he is such a jerk towards her i'd really liked his protectiveness towards her.And the red shirt guy Austin he is totally HOT and mysterious.I do like to know the whole s ...more
Morgana.Book.Extravaganza
What a spectacular book!

While there were some points in the book where I was like, get on with it, I'm pretty sure that was only because I wanted to find out what happened next.

I love how the authors voice comes through her characters. This is a fun, fresh fanasty that intrigued me from the start. And the romance! I'm totally team Austin, but that's because I always root for the bad boy underdog.

I can't wait to see what happens next!
Steph Sinclair

This is on NetGalley folks. :)
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Aug 09, 2012 Jaime (Two Chicks on Books) rated it it was amazing
Flipping loved it!!! Damn you Talia I need Gold now!!!!
BookHookup
Sep 05, 2012 BookHookup rated it it was amazing
The original review can be found here on The Book Hookup.

Christina's Review:

So, honestly, this review is going to be a bit of a mess. I’ve written and rewritten it several times at this point. There’s so many twists, turns, and spoiler-related details that I can’t share, so basically all that keeps happening is me flailing about like a lunatic. It’s because of t
Kat
This book was just all over the place, not even that good action packed kind. I'm talking about the kind that makes you want to throw a book out a window, yeah that right, bad.

I'm not even going to write a normal review, that includes positive things as well as negative. There were no positive things for me. If you don't like reviews that are basically all complaints then I suggest you just skip this one over. Now I'm just going to say I took a while to write this because I was hoping that mayb
RoloPoloBookBlog
Release Date: Sep 8, 2012
ARC from Netgalley: 4 stars/5 stars

“Beauty is pointless when no one’s looking. And no one ever looks.” But Brianna Paxton is used to no one looking at her and has resigned herself to the fact that this will likely never change. Until the day it does change, and then, quite unexpectedly, everything and everyone around Brianna changes, too. And who would have thought all that change could occur simply because Brianna took off her lucky silver bracelet?

Silver’s plot revolve
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Dark and captivating tale about powerful magic and tragic love.

Opening Sentence: Beauty is pointless when no one’s looking.

The Review:

Brianna Paxton is invisible. The only people who can truly see her are her two good friends Haley and Christy. She just thinks it is a weird quirk of the people around her until the day Blake actually “sees” her one night at a party. She can’t believe her luck, not only can Blake see her but another boy at the
Jael
Sep 06, 2012 Jael rated it it was ok
I picked up this book because I was intrigued by the premise of a girl having to wear a charm to be invisible and she didn't know about it. Not to mention Celtic mythology which I love and have studied.

The book contained things in the YA genre and even UF genre I've come to loathe and despise.

Love triangles. Especially when boys didn't notice the "heroine" before. At least the author used the excuse that Brianna (the heroine) was wearing an invisibility bracelet.

Unlikeable hero of the story. H
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 14, 2015 01:27PM
  • My Heart Be Damned (Damned, #1)
  • League of Strays
  • Auracle
  • Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles, #1)
  • Mystique
  • Starling (Starling, #1)
  • Touching the Surface
  • Velveteen
  • Destiny's Fire (Kythan Guardians)
  • Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie, #1)
  • Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1)
  • Dark Companion
  • Luminosity (The Raven Chronicles, #1)
  • Redemption (Hearts of Stone, #1)
  • Through to You
  • Cybernetic
  • Touched (Sense Thieves, #1)
  • Dark Star (Dark Star, #1)

Bandia (2 books)
  • Gold (Bandia, #2)

“You didn't strike me as stupid, but I guess first impressions are deceiving.” 21 likes
“Let me be frank," Joe's voice pulls me back. "You seem like a nice girl. So why the hell are you chasing down a rat bastard like Blake?"

I smile at the description. "I thought you were his friend."

"Can't help liking the son of a bitch." He squirms in the seat, trying to find a comfortable position. "Pardon me for saying so. You don't seem like his type."

What is that suppose to mean? So I'm not dumb, snobby or slutty ... Oh.”
13 likes