Start by marking “Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spiritual Power to Know and Heal” as Want to Read:
Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spiritual Power to Know and Heal

Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spiritual Power to Know and Heal

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  1,698 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Bestselling author, Doreen Virtue, brings you this enlightening book on connecting with your inner calling; recognition of your higher purpose; and spiritual power for healing. Doreen describes her innate spiritual gifts, such as psychic communication and spiritual healing abilities. She tells us how we all have these innate gifts, and provides The Lightworker's Way as a g ...more
Published June 1st 1997 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Lightworker's Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lightworker's Way

Gaia
I'm really enjoying this book. It's very much an autobiography as well as a self-help book. Doreen's style of writing is very down-to-earth and I find myself relating to her. I find it hard to put down but I have to go to work or do my chores, etc and then i can't wait to get back to it. I also have her book, Angels and Ascended Masters, and plan to read it next. Also want to read Angels 101. My recent interest in Angels is due to the fact that one of my mentors relayed to me that I should work ...more
Jeannine
This isn't actually a "self-help" book it is a memoir about Doreen Virtue's life. Along the way you learn things if you are savvy to what she is talking about. I wouldn't say it is a beginner's book. This being said I have really enjoyed reading her life story. We have both lived in some of the same locations, are both psychotherapists, have both lost custody of our children, so I was able to really empathize with her story which helped me in listening better than I often do. I have been trying ...more
Josslyn
Being a lightworker myself it was a really good book to read when I was awakening and didn't know where to go. If you think you are a healer, want to be, or just aren't sure, this was a good book to start with. She tells about all her imperfections but how you can still serve God and be of great help to others with them. It made me feel much better about myself and becoming a healer in the future.
Dharia Scarab

4 sta
Andrea
This was a really insightful and balanced autobiography of one of my favorite metaphysical writers. I've read several of her books and have a few of her recorded meditations, but I never knew her story, which, it turns out, is pretty interesting. She was raised in a Christian Science household in which metaphysical beliefs and prayer were the norm, but as she grew up and entered the "real world" as a psychologist, she faced a lot of resistance against her beliefs. In a down-to-earth way, she det ...more
Jamie Saloff
Dec 09, 2007 Jamie Saloff rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: healers and those wanting to learn how to help others to heal.
What I like about The Lightworker's Way is that it teaches through Doreen's personal experience many things healers and those who want to heal their lives should know. This book was one of the first that gave me a language to understand what I already knew through experience. Just as it is difficult to speak to a car mechanic without knowing much about cars, so too is it difficult to learn more about spiritual and emotional healing without knowing the language. Doreen taught me the basics using ...more
Anna Jones
As the world's leading angel expert, Doreen Virtue was aware of her psychic abilities as a child, but it would be a long struggle to become recognised for this. Doreen strayed from God for many years, distracting herself with drugs and material concerns to feel happy. She worked as a relationship advisor but her true calling to heal was so strong that she had to answer...and teach others how to heal themselves both physically, mentally and spiritually. 'The Lightworker's Way' is a mix of Virtue' ...more
Karen Offord
I felt an amazing connection as I read this book. I even leant it, lost it, bought it again - 3 times (now I have 2 copies as one mysteriously came back)
This book starting my own writing journey.
Tiffany
This is such a good book to sort out your brain if you're one of those people that want to help the greater good. Doreen gives you background info on her journey on becoming a lightworker to help you start your own. It really helped me sort a restart in my life right now. Great way to help with the "where am I going" feeling. Highly recommend if searching for a new beginning.
Michelle
Amazingly clear and straightforward to understand given its complexity. Doreen has a relaxed, candid writing style. Very enjoyable and educational. A must read for Lightworkers!
Morgan Shores
Cleary a book I could relate to when I began to walk my path
Elena
One thing that I feel is consistent about people in the new age movement is that they consider themselves "lightworkers" and somehow above other people. It's disconcerting. I'm glad that I read this when I did, because it gave me an intro to this kind of thinking, and helped me see where I fit in the new age movement (I don't, while I believe in some limited concepts which they use, such as the power of stones and trees and such). I have recently been skimming my old new age books and shaking my ...more
Apha4me
Filled with Christian Scientist bullshit. Pretty damn terrible.
Katie Golby
As with all of Doreen's books, if you love her work as I do, then you will certainly enjoy this one. It includes autobiographical information about her self acknowledgement as a light worker as well as information for those who feel a calling to this work. The Christian Science parts can be hard to swallow if you are not a follower yourself but she only includes this to explain her background. A really interesting read
Shawnee
This book helped me to remember things that I had tucked away in the deep, dark crevices of my psyche. It helped me to reflect on my childhood when I would see things but not speak about them or go places in my mind to escape the realities of the world. I came to know, again, my purpose on this earth and recognized that I am here to guide, heal and transform lives. Definitely a must read.
treehugger
This book got a little heavy into the Christian Science view of the world - and to each his own, for sure, but it was a bit of a turnoff for me. Perhaps to be picked up again later...but since I'm being trained as a medical practitioner and I feel strongly that there is a place for physical treatment, it's going to take a lot to get over that particular hurdle..
Amy
I got some useful information from this book. I found parts of it far out there, and for me that's not the normal. Some of the teachings she mentions from the Christian Science Church were difficult to grasp, however that really isn't what this book is all about. It does help you to increase your faith and intention with Energy Work.
Christy Priest
Jul 22, 2008 Christy Priest rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Christy by: Karin - my mother
This was my first spiritual book I read. I have read it 3 times! It helped me understand the ideas I had in my heart about the other side, angels, fairies, Spirit, etc. that I was afraid to share because of my "religious" upbringing. I found out I wasn't going to "hell" and what was in my heart was true and others knew it too.
Colette
Doreen Virtue has changed my spiritual perspective. Read to grow, her words are a life expander. I've been reading her all summer and simply can't put her down. Check out the rest of her books after this one. You'll enter a new realm if you believe.
Like the monkeys, I'm a believer! [close:]
Colette
Like the monkeys, I'm a believer!
☼♄Jülie

I am a very big fan of Doreen Virtue and her teachings and have read and own many of her books. Highly recommended for spiritually minded people.
I have also had the great pleasure of successfully completing her very first certificated Angel Intuitive course In Sydney 2002.
Melissa
I truly love this book. It is enlightening and a wonderful guide to a deeper and more meaningful way of life. I have awakened to my true self and this book helped me gain a blessed understanding as well as provided tools to use in my journey.
Cath
This is a spiritually minded book, which sadly will put off a lot of people. I personally love her books. She's very comforting and enlightening. If you're on a spiritual path, you'll learn something, if you're not, you'll turn up your nose.
Andrea
I thought this was a good book. It answered a lot of questions I had. It also gave some really good advice to use for myself. I would recommend this book to anyone who is starting out on their journey as a lightworker.
Sarah Liebson
Awesome...was mostly an autobiography but I enjoyed and the advice given at the back for forgiveness, changing your thoughts, developing your psychic side, etc. :)
Kimberly
Very interesting book and fasinating to learn more about Doreen Virtue's life. This is a book that isnt for everyone. You have to be open to metaphysical teachings to appreciate it. I enjoyed it very much.
Lisa
I've read this book at least four times now and each time it's like a breath of fresh air, a reminder, a wake up call. Lots of useful advice and it's also a really human and recognisable story. Love it!
Shawn Brady
Ms Virtue writes on her life experences from childhood up until the present moment all in a search to live as a light worker. she shares her struggles and breakthroughs in a frank honest way.
I absolutely loved this book. I was inspired by Doreen's testimony of the power of prayer. My faith in God and prayer has increased and continues to grow as a result of reading this book.
Robin Peppersack
This is a hard book to mark read because I use it as a reference - I love this book - it is empowering for anyone who is serious about becoming a Lightworker - Robin Peppersack
Goodreads Librari...: Alternate cover 7 26 Jan 16, 2012 02:51AM
  • Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System
  • Opening to Channel: How to Connect with Your Guide
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 the Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light, 1949 to 2013
  • The Crystal Bible 2
  • Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • The Disappearance of the Universe
  • The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
Doreen Virtue is a fourth-generation metaphysician and clairvoyant doctor of psychology. Doreen is the author of numerous best-selling books and products, including Assertiveness for Earth Angels, and Healing With the Angels book and cards.

She's been featured on Oprah, CNN, Good Morning America, and in newspapers and magazines worldwide including her weekly column in Woman's World magazine called
More about Doreen Virtue...
Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life Archangels and Ascended Masters Messages from Your Angels Healing With The Fairies: Messages, Manifestations and Love from the World of the Fairies: How Nature's Angels Can Help You in Every Area of Your Life Chakra Clearing

“If we're not at peace, we are in an ego state.” 8 likes