Start by marking “Warrior Angel” as Want to Read:
Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Once a dedicated soldier of the Knights Templar, Derek de Molay was betrayed and killed. So instead of an eternity in Heaven, he has decided to battle the Dark Angels of Hell. But as the war between good and evil rages, he is summoned back to the mortal realm to protect a woman standing too close to the edge of darkness.

Rachel Duncan has never felt this way before. A myste
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Angel

Pygmy
*gag* *snerk*

Wow, at think at one point I borrowed this book and chucked it almost as fast. Too bad I couldn't remember and picked it up a second time. I was all excited thinking that it would be an interesting and exciting read because Margaret Weis' name is on it. But no, she just stuck her name there to help her talentless daughter along, because wow, this book reeks.

For one thing, the author has no sense of the divine. The angels of heaven aren't unearthly beings of great power and wisdom. T
Yvenande
Lexus
actually more like 1.5
Okay so I'll start with what I liked about this book -
Derek. Sampson. Angels and demons. Premise. Pace of the book. Derek. Derek. Derek.

Now for the things I absolutely hated - Rachel, Zanus - bad guy of course I hate him. As for Rachel -
Now we all know how there are a ton of books with kick butt women, this isn't one of them.
Or the books where the main female role is a girl who you like as she takes no crap from anyone, this isn't one of them.

You had all the makings of the
Samie Foster
Warrior Angel By Liz and Margarette Weis

Rating : A great modern fairy tale, that’s easy to get into.

Okay we all see these books all the time in the stores. They are romance novels that have a tint of supernatural or fantasy to them. There has been at least a thousand of them in existence ranging from Twilight to Hunter’s Moon to Stardust. As with the ones just mention, they were about love stories between humans, vampires, were wolves and fallen stars. (just in case you didn’t know already) This
Stacy
Rachel Duncan - a smart aspiring play it safe, play by the rules stock trader who approaches her love life like she approaches her work at the Merc - strategically.
Derek de Molay- Fearless. Faithless, Angel. Driven by impulses, bitterly broken by betrayal, enraptured by passion, condemned to command in Darkness. Neither Rachel nor Derek were deserving of their destinies but Destiny was certainly deserving of them! I laughed, got angry, shed a tear & remembered love with this books gentle re
Brandon
I like books with a fantastical element.

I don't care if they are called 'Paranormal Romance', 'Occult thriller', or even just plain ole 'Fantasy.

I saw this book by Margaret Weiss and I though 'Hey! I liked the Dragonlance stuff back in the day . . It might be good!'.

Here's the thing, you can have a fantastic element (in this case an angel), but its going to get a little boring if the entire point is that he can't use his freakin' powers!!!!

ANyway, it was well written, but disappointing
Kathrynn
I made a note inside the flap on this one: "A lot of typo's." Uh-oh. I remember a little bit about this one. Derek was a fallen angel sent to Earth to watch over Rachel who was being "courted" by a devil (Zanus). Zanus wanted to use Rachel's abilities to buy and sell stocks (globally) and cause chaos: wreak havoc on the world.

The whole angels and devils thing was kinda different.
Cliff Wichmann
A good quick read. The writing style is keeps the action moving throughout the novel.

Its a Harper Collins romance.

The focus of the novel are an angel and a stock broker. The story details there developing relationship through a background of evil, demons and world chaos.
Reading Soul
Well, what can I say, this book sucked! I bought it thinking it would be really cool, but it ended up being super stupid and boring, but yeah, I have read it, and well, that is why it is on my list. But, I did not like it at all, it was just a waste of time, sadly!
Jim Moller
Horrid! If this was the first book I read by Margaret Weis I would be sad because I would have missed out on many great books. This book was so bad that if i didnt already know that she is a very talented author, I would never read anything by her again
Allison Fetch
I enjoyed the beginning of this book immensely, and the ending was fantastic. But the middle dragged too much and I got a bit bogged down. The premise was really fascinating and the characters were great. A nice read but a bit fluffy.
Mary
I don't really know what to say about this book. I bought it because it was Margaret Weis, but the only part that sounded like her, to me, was the prologue. The story never felt alive. It was flat and pretty much uneventful.
Christine
Eh. I've read better, but I've also read worse. The story didn't grab me and I found the female lead to be a bit dim. I skimmed some of her more long-winded thought processes because they became repetitive after a while.
Kitty Felone
I really enjoyed this. With my research of Hell and demons and the archangels, I found myself more than enthralled by this story. It was well written, and a fantastic story-line. I greatly enjoyed this.
Leslie Crockett
Was not want what I thought but was happy with it story was a bit out there but the romance of Derek and Rachel was great.
Priscilla
This book was amazing! I had a very difficult time putting it down. I am so glad I found this at the library!
TAMMY mchale
Pretty good but thought it might have a little more Templar Knight mixed in the story
Daelith
May 26, 2015 Daelith marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Got to about page 36. Just could not bring myself to pick this up again.
Lunasea
I know, no paranormal romance this week, but I had it on hold and it came in.
Kareem
one of the most beautiful books i ever read!!!!!!
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Gwilym Meyrick
Gwilym Meyrick marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
W.N. Vinson
W.N. Vinson is currently reading it
May 31, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Lori Reed
Lori Reed marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
  • Lady Lazarus (Lady Lazarus Trilogy, #1)
  • Surrender the Dark (The Dark, #1)
  • Fallen (The Prometheus Project, #1)
  • Demon's Fall
  • Angel
  • Infernal Angel (City Infernal, #2)
  • Secrets of the Highwayman (Immortal Warriors, #2)
  • The Prophecy (The Watchers Chronicles, #1)
  • Highborn (Dark Redemption, #1)
  • Nephilim
  • Day of the Dragon
  • The Calling
  • Heaven Sent (Fallen Angel, #3)
  • Betrayed (Fallen Angels, #1)
  • Ordinary Angels
  • The Devil's Apocrypha: There Are Two Sides to Every Story.
  • Without a Sound
  • Birth of the Pack (Weregirls, #1)
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two para ...more
More about Margaret Weis...
Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1) Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #3) Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2) Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #1) War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #2)