Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears: Jobs Around Town” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears: Jobs Around Town

The Berenstain Bears: Jobs Around Town (The Berenstain Bears)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  256 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Searching for the perfect job, the Bear siblings learn to celebrate the many talents of others and begin to imagine where their own God-given gifts will take them as they grow.
Published December 21st 2010 by Zonderkidz (first published May 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears

Athena Shardbearer
The Berenstain Bear books were one of my favorite books growing up. I grew up with a little brother in a troubled family and our escape was books. I use to read these to my brother at night before bed(he didn't learn to read till fifth grade), so this was our us time. I have continued this tradition with my daughter. I read to her every night, sometimes a repeat of The Berenstain Bears(the older versions I grew up on), or other stories. She loves Dracula and Frankenstein. So reading this book wa ...more
Brittany Messer
Dec 03, 2012 Brittany Messer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the book, "The Berenstain Bears on the Job" by Stan Berenstain. This is a great book to teach Primary children they can get jobs that help others on in this case help the elderly. You don't have to of age to get a job helping others. I love how this book takes Brother and Sister bear and they help out one of their neighbors instead of helping out Mom or Papa bear. It shows that helping others can make a difference on you as a person and on the person you are helping. This is a great story ...more
Adrienne
Feb 16, 2014 Adrienne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I didn't think this one was as interesting as most of the other Berenstain Bears books I've read, but I think kids would still like it and it could be a good lead-in to a discussion about different jobs and what kids want to be when they grow up.
Kerry
Apr 08, 2015 Kerry rated it really liked it
Cute book I read with my 4yo. Love that the book opens with a scripture (Matthew 5:16) and talks about using your God given talents to help you decide what you can be "when you grown up."
Tyffani Mine
This fictional narrative is a part of a series that cover the adventures of two young bears. In this particular story, the sibling bears tour their community to see what types of jobs individuals hold and to discover what job would be right for them. They visit firefighters, police bears, bank tellers, bakers, scientists, and other working members of their community. As a teacher, I could use this text to teach about various jobs that are within the community. It is also a rhyming book so I coul ...more
Brianna
Grade Levels: P-K
* A good reading center/class library book that can be used during the first few weeks of school (or any time of the school year really) for young readers to introduce them to different occupations that they can have when they become older
* Have a class "career day", and ask students to dress up as someone that they would like to be when they become older (e.g. doctor, firefighter, police officer, sports player).
Evelyn Matias
Nov 11, 2012 Evelyn Matias rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a cute book allowing for students to know what surrounds them in their community. It also can give encouragment that they can be whatever they want to be when they grow up. I also like that this book gives them confidence to choose things that they may want to be even if others think it silly. I would keep this in my classroom for free reading.
Sally
Not so much a story book this time around, this one was more fact-based and a little drier. Not a favourite!
Brianna Dietz
Fun book for kids of younger ages. Is a part of a series.
Serena Pasley
Serena Pasley marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jan 29, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Jan 19, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Cooper
Cooper added it
Jan 13, 2016
Terri Keel
Terri Keel marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Samora Bain
Samora Bain rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Alexandra Hollingshead
Alexandra Hollingshead rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2016
J Dyer
J Dyer rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
T
T added it
Dec 21, 2015
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Nathan and Colin
Nathan and Colin rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Liane Worthington
Liane Worthington rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
  • The Berenstain Bears: Safe and Sound!
  • The Wolf's Chicken Stew
  • How Do You Hug a Porcupine?
  • Rainbow Fish and the Big Blue Whale
  • Just in Case You Ever Wonder
  • NIrV, Adventure Bible for Early Readers, Hardcover
  • Good Families Don't
  • Clifford Goes to Hollywood
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • Please, Baby, Please
  • The New Adventures of Curious George
  • Our Animal Friends at Maple Hill Farm
  • The Tale of Custard the Dragon
  • Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 73 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Baby
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to School
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor
  • The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)
  • The Berenstain Bears in the Dark