Start by marking “Beyond Bizarre: Frightening Facts & Bloodcurdling True Tales” as Want to Read:
Beyond Bizarre: Frightening Facts & Bloodcurdling True Tales

Beyond Bizarre: Frightening Facts & Bloodcurdling True Tales

The sequel to the best-selling "The Book of the Bizarre, Beyond Bizarre" offers up scores of new freaky facts, terrifying trivia, and stranger-than-fiction stories. Arranged into 13 chilling chapters like Haunted Hollywood, Blood Red Crosses and Gross Anatomy: Hospital Horrors, Bride of Bizarre, and Tales from the Cryptids, "Beyond Bizarre" tackles everything from female p ...more
Published August 19th 2014 by Weiser Books (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Bizarre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Bizarre

Erica Ravenclaw
I love books like this, interesting little packets of odd knowledge and back stories that help you commit it to memory. Except this is not one of those books. There is a lot of "it's been said over the ages" or "theory suggests" and just a general lack of research. It's also not written well and I caught one too many mistakes to ignore.

photo kim-kardashian-bored_zps374271a3.gif

Oh, and the author or whomever it was that was "speaking" to me, you are completely and utterly useless, GTFO of this book, I'm here to learn not listen to yo
Becca
Nov 25, 2011 Becca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
I love facts. I love learning them, I love reading them to people, I love just having them available. But it's pretty crappy when the facts are totally overshadowed by poor grammar, nonsensical sentences and poor research.
This book needs an editor. And if it had an editor, it needs a better editor.
L-Isabella
Aug 27, 2012 L-Isabella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not one to shy away from books about the macabre and weird, I grabbed this one with high hopes of adding to my mental library of strange and unusual. I got lucky.

Within the 13 chapters here, the covered items are ships & wrecks, creepy museums, people behaving badly, Hollywood stories, plants & insects and not to be left out, even ghost encounters.

This is a relatively small book that packs a huge punch of random facts and things that have creeped into our minds due to urban legends and e
Alison Lafferty
Entertaining, but I didn't like that the book was told from the point of view of the editor, so that all the facts were reported with the editor's witticisms and cheesy lines. Really cool facts in here though.
Jo
A collection of facts on various subjects from true crime and killers to odd creatures. Some of the facts were more interesting than others and several of the pieces I already knew. Still, it made for a 'light' read at Christmas.
Allie
Sep 25, 2013 Allie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun little book, wish there were actual pictures of the weird but real animals/bugs/things she describes so I don't have to google them my lazy self.
Nurshafiqa
entertaining and perfect for those times when i need a quick read.

PS: someone need to proof-read this book. seriously. malaysia is NOT spelled "mylasia".
Geri
Nov 05, 2016 Geri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite, recommend, own
Interesting and unusual information that you didn't know you needed or wanted to know about until now.
C.M.J. Wallace
C.M.J. Wallace rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2014
Muckraker1970
Muckraker1970 rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Sarah M
Sarah M rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Becca Nyx
Becca Nyx rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Kiara Miner
Kiara Miner rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
May 14, 2013
Deniseskelton
Deniseskelton rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Ada Hathaway
Ada Hathaway rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2010
Amy Marie
Amy Marie rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Varla Ventura
Jun 28, 2012 Varla Ventura rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Arika Harvey
Arika Harvey rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Amber Midulla
Amber Midulla rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2013
James Cooper
May 07, 2016 James Cooper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quarky (on purpose), cool, fun book!!
Kayla Utendorf
Kayla Utendorf rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2012
Latoya Sharpe
Latoya Sharpe rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Listverse.com's Ultimate Book of Bizarre Lists: Fascinating Facts and Shocking Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More
  • The Essential Book of Useless Information: The Most Unimportant Things You'll Never Need to Know (The New York Times Bestselling)
  • The New Book of Lists: The Original Compendium of Curious Information
  • Mental Floss Presents Forbidden Knowledge: A Wickedly Smart Guide to History's Naughtiest Bits (Mental Floss Presents)
  • The Utterly, Completely, And Totally Useless Fact-o-pedia
  • How to Climb Mt. Blanc in a Skirt: A Handbook for the Lady Adventurer
  • The Encyclopedia of Useless Information
  • The Ultimate Book of Top Ten Lists: A Mind-Boggling Collection of Fun, Fascinating and Bizarre Facts on Movies, Music, Sports, Crime, Celebrities, History, Trivia and More
  • Strangely Enough
  • Heavenly Bodies: Cult Treasures & Spectacular Saints from the Catacombs
  • Crime Scene
  • The Killer Book of True Crime: Incredible Stories, Facts and Trivia from the World of Murder and Mayhem
  • Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers and Other Useless or Gross Information About Your Body
  • 10 Ways to Recycle a Corpse: and 100 More Dreadfully Distasteful Lists
  • An Apple A Day (Old-Fashioned Proverbs and Why They Work)
  • What Did We Use Before Toilet Paper?: 200 Curious Questions and Intriguing Answers
  • A Certain "Je Ne Sais Quoi": The Origin of Foreign Words Used in English
  • Book of Totally Useless Information
Author of THE BOOK OF THE BIZARRE and BEYOND BIZARRE (Weiser Books). Curator of the MAGICAL CREATURES and PARANORMAL PARLOR e-book collections.
More about Varla Ventura...