Start by marking “Where Do We Go from Here? Book 2” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Where Do We Go from He...

Isaac Asimov

Where Do We Go from Here? Book 2

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  311 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
9 great science fiction classics.
Contents:
Omnilingual by H. Beam Piper
The Big Bounce by Walter S. Tevis
Neutron Star by Larry Niven
Paperback, Volume 2 of 2, 200 pages
Published September 12th 1974 by Sphere Books (UK) (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Where Do We Go from Here? Book 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Do We Go from Here? Book 2

Bebabi34
Stanley G. Weinbaum-odissea su marte John Wood Campbell Jr. (Don A. Stuart)-notte Lester Del Rey-gli ultimi arrivati (aka il giorno è compiuto) Milton A. Rothman (Lee Gregory)-pianetapesante (aka pianeta pesante) Robert Anson Heinlein (Anson McDonald)-la casa nuova (aka ed egli costruì una casa deforme) Harry Clement Stubbs (Hal Clement)-il sole è abitato (aka prova) James Blish-tensione superficiale (aka il seme tra le stelle) William Morrison (Joseph Samachson)-medico di campagna Jerome Bixby
The other John
Nov 25, 2012 The other John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: schoolbook, sf, amusing
This collection of science fiction stories written between 1934 and 1966 was published with the intention to "inspire curiosity" and "lead the student into lines of questioning of his own". To that end, Dr. Asimov followed each tale with a brief commentary and some questions related to the ideas used on the story. I originally bought this book for a high school course in science fiction. In that class, we never did use the questions, focusing instead on the literary aspects of the stories. Nor d ...more
Bill
Sep 26, 2015 Bill marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Drew Hayes
Feb 16, 2015 Drew Hayes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: badass-scifi
Heinlein's "—And He Built a Crooked House—" always stuck with me. I forgot where I got this from, maybe my grandfather. Good collection.
Lucas
Jun 05, 2010 Lucas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf, short_stories
'Surface Tension' and the 'Omnilingual' are the least dated, and Asimov's own contribution is one of the weaker stories in the collection. 'Surface Tension' is sort of like Baxter's Flux but underwater instead of on the surface of a neutron star.

I liked the several stories set on Mars which amounted to hard sf at the time but have many now-falsified details. Also good are stories about the very first astronauts, visits to the moon, or nuclear technology written only 5 or 10 years before real de
Josef
Jun 15, 2013 Josef rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, antologie
Příjemný výběr sci-fi povídek vybraných legendou žánru Isaacem Asimovem, který každou povídku doplnil komentářem a několika podnětnými otázkami pro zvídavce. Ačkoli poprvé vyšla již v roce 1974, většina z povídek je i pro dnešního čtenáře napsána čtivě a zábavně a žádnéfo fanouška sci-fi neurazí. Nejvíc mě zaujaly povídky Domeček jako klícka a Podzemní dráha Möbius.
Susan
Jul 07, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Some tasty science fiction short stories. Though they are dated, the selection is fun to read because they deal with the philosophy of other races and of space exploration rather than how attractive aliens are to humans and whether they wear silver space suits. In that sense they have stayed remarkably current; I think the biggest difference is the language itself.
Avi
Jan 22, 2013 Avi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of science fiction short stories I've read where each story was suffixed by a short discussion of the scientific principles and a set of questions for further study for the interested. It's a great idea. I wish more collections would do this.
Marciealana
Apr 24, 2009 Marciealana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This was the first book I ever bought when I was about 12 years old. I still have a copy of it. Stories by classic science fiction authors. What better way to jump start a young mind?
Doug Cannon
Feb 10, 2011 Doug Cannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This is my car book for the moment. I keep it in the car and read a little when I have time. The stories are fun and interesting.
Erik Graff
Jan 05, 2009 Erik Graff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: SF fans
Recommended to Erik by: no one
Shelves: sf
A better-than-average anthology of classic science fiction short stories by established authors.
Nicole
Nicole is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2016
Robert Engle
Robert Engle marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Randy Edmonds
Randy Edmonds marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Nicholas
Nicholas marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Tayvon Johnson
Tayvon Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Ash Ash
Ash Ash marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Livia
Livia marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Marco Antonio
Marco Antonio rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Radooza
Radooza rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Jindra
Jindra rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Terri Diva
Terri Diva rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
  • A Treasury of Great Science Fiction, Volume One
  • The Year's Best Science Fiction: Ninth Annual Collection
  • Galactic Empires 1
  • The Road to Science Fiction 3: From Heinlein to Here (The Road to Science Fiction, #3)
  • The Mammoth Book of Extreme Science Fiction
  • The Starry Rift
  • The Tunnel Under the World
  • The Locus Awards: Thirty Years of the Best in Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Medea: Harlan's World
  • The Science Fiction Hall of Fame: Vol 2B (Science Fiction Hall of Fame #3)
  • Report on Planet Three
  • Paper Grail
  • Far Horizons: All New Tales from the Greatest Worlds of Science Fiction

Professor Asimov is generally considered the most prolific writer of all time, having written or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards. He has works published in nine of the te
More about Isaac Asimov...