Start by marking “I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online” as Want to Read:
I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online

I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers #3)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  754 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
To single mom Allison Barker, men are a heap of heartbreak. So when her twelve-year-old daughter confesses that she's posted Allison's profile on an Internet matchmaking service and has been pretending to be her mom, Allison hits the roof . . . just before the doorbell rings. Standing on the porch is her date—he's Hollywood handsome and all male and he looks somehow famili ...more
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published October 24th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online

Beth Yeary
This is a fun, wuick summer read at the pool. Mystery, friendship, and romance all rolled up into one funny book.
Sherry Grussing
Feb 08, 2014 Sherry Grussing rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Sassy Texans. My kind of people.
Tasha
Quint has had his identity stolen and has a very public relationship with a woman who just so happens to actually be a man. But instead of giving up on finding the right woman, he turns to internet dating. This is where he meets Allison, or meets Allison’s daughter pretending to be her mother.

Allison is stunned that her daughter would sign her up for a dating site. She finds Quint to be attractive, but it’s his BFF Taggert Freeman who really catches her eye and her heart.

As always Dixie Cash’s w
Kathleen Hagen
I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold it on Line, by Dixie Cash, b-plus, narrated by Peggity Price, produced by Lone Star Books, a division of Recorded Books, and downloaded from audible.com.

This book takes the story on after the solving of the murder of the rancher’s wife. In this book, Buddy and Debbie Sue have re-married, and Edwina has married her former navy seal boy friend, Vic Martin. We are introduced in this book to Allison Barker, a young woman raising a daughter alone, the daughter just h
Sandy Vaughan
Aug 14, 2011 Sandy Vaughan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened
They said:

If you love smart, sassy fiction with some downhome Texas humor, you'll love this smashing follow up to Dixie Cash's hardcover debut, MY HEART MAY BE BROKEN, BUT MY HAIR STILL LOOKS GREAT.

Fans of Mary Kay Andrews won't be able to resist Dixie Cash. Description: Debbie Sue Overstreet and her best pal Edwina––the Domestic Equalizers––have one motto: don't get mad, get evidence! So when these hairdressers/private eyes get wrapped up in a new mystery you just know there's going to be troub
Michelle
I Gave You MY Heart, But You Sold It Online
Dixie Cash
Fiction
328 pages
copyright: 2006
isbn: 978-0-06-082972-8

To single mom Allison Barker, men are a heap of heartbreak. So when her twelve-year-old daughter confesses that she's posted Allison's profile on an Internet matchmaking service and has been pretending to be her mom, Allison hits the roof . . . just before the doorbell rings. Standing on the porch is her date—he's Hollywood handsome and all male and he looks somehow familiar.

Turns out he's
Vickie
Jun 21, 2010 Vickie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to
Oh, how I love this series. I did have to suffer through DH's chatter about some 'anomalies' in the logic, but I know to go with the flow...anomalies schanomalies....Debbie Sue and Ed crac me the hell up!
The mystery kind of meanders and really doesn't make a show until later in the book and that's okay, too. It's also secondary to the sort of romance between Allison and Quint, then later really heats up between Allison and Tag, the best friend of Quint. Allison meets Quint via her daughter's go
Lynette
Mar 10, 2016 Lynette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Having heard the two authors in a panel discussion, I was expecting a very funny who-dun-it. It was amusing and the sisters will probably get better, but this was a little bit of a let-down, with the murder so late in the book that I was caught unaware, not expecting a body so late in the game.
Bernette Beals
Apr 09, 2015 Bernette Beals rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online review

This is the third book in the Domestic Equalizers series written by the sister duo Dixie Cash. These stories are so much fun to read.
Le Petit Chat
Feb 09, 2016 Le Petit Chat rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I skimmed through pretty much all of the book and skipped huge chunks of it as well for good measure. After reading Quint's dialogue with Debbie Sue (really?? Debbie SUE??) and noting his overuse of the word "darling" (hello darling, it's me darling, Quint, how you doing darling darling darling!) I started to get irritated.

Decided to keep going and keep an open mind, I shouldn't have, I was bored and when not bored I was annoyed, in the end I just skipped to the last bit to see if Debbie Sue wou
Gizzard
Feb 05, 2015 Gizzard rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Decent easy mystery. I find it interesting that the equalizers are really a smaller part of these books. Nothing great, but nothing awful either.
Reader
Sep 01, 2011 Reader rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very, very light read. My library had put a "mystery" sticker on the book spine but this is really a small town cowboy romance. It may be of interest to someone looking for something light in a West Texas small town setting.

Much of the dialog and action takes place in a beauty shop owned by the Domestic Equalizers, a two-lady detective agency that specializes in catching cheating spouses. No cheating spouses this time but a lot of small town gossip and he-loves-me he-loves me not. While this ti
Bettina Elliott
Mar 09, 2016 Bettina Elliott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the girls never let me down, funny, quick witted & you can't figure out which way it's going.
Catherine
Apr 28, 2015 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book! If you like a laugh out loud cozy mystery you should read this book. Look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Cindy
Oct 21, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, light-hearted mystery - this was my first introduction to what is apparently a series (and now I need to find the first 2 books in the series...arrgh). I liked the main characters - West Texas beauty salon operators with a private investigation business on the side. The situations are improbable but the author does a good job of setting them up and the characters are like folks you want to meet and sit down and have a beer (or three) with. This is not the great American novel but if you nee ...more
Becki
This book was full of language and sexual innuendo. It was only mildly entertaining.
Yvonne Crawford
Jan 22, 2015 Yvonne Crawford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
if you have read janet evanovich stephen plum books you will love this book a lot
Jan
Jan 22, 2016 Jan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was great! I'd recommend it. Since I live in TX, I like it even better.
Kelly
Oct 07, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another entertaining chick lit read while I was sick.
Eva
Sep 21, 2009 Eva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great title. So is the next book in this series, Don't Make Me Choose Between You and my Shoes.

The Domestic Equalizers are a pair of friends who can't stay out of trouble. Constantly in hot water over some the craziest situations since I Love Lucy went off the air, this duo create good hair in a little town in Texas and solve the occasional unpleasant situation as private detectives. They are silly, silly, silly and it was fun to read. Both books were fun to read. I may just read the res
Erica
Jul 28, 2012 Erica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I picked this up because of the title. It's pretty funny. Yes, I should have known better.
There are hot cowboys, beauticians-turned-detectives (neither very bright), a helpless-but-good-hearted maiden with no personality who is in need of rescue, her daughter, a stalker, some internet dating, a murder, a smattering of humor,and a whole lot of Texas going on in this story.
It's cute but boring and there's just not much more to say.
Becky Pinson
Cute book. First one I've read from this author. Only 2 complaints about it though.... There was a little too much language for my taste, nothing extreme, but more than I usually care for. Secondly, I found this in my library's young adult section and do not really see it in that category. I don't know if that is typical or just a mistake. Who knows. The plot is cute, has a few twists and elements that add the bit of mystery in with romance.
Sara
Sep 17, 2009 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, but not quite as much as the first two. It's an interesting story, and I still love Debbie Sue & Edwina but not enough of them in this book! ;-) Plus....I missed the laughs, although the "party" scene is priceless. Unfortunately, I was reading it in bed while my hubby slept so I had to hold it in or else I'd have laughed out loud AND insisted he listen to me read through the scene! Looking forward to book 4.
Mendy
Dec 01, 2007 Mendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girly girls
Ok so this isn't one of those books that will move you or change the way you look at the world but it does bring a smile to your face! It is what I like to call candy for my brain and I love it. I too was a single mom who was sweept off my feet by a handsome cowboy... that is where the similarities of the book end. So now that we are set in our ho hum drum life I read books like this to imagine what life could be like!
JG (The Introverted Reader)
This is the second book I've read by Dixie Cash, and I have to say, they're something of a sinful pleasure! There's not really any redeeming social or literary quality to these books, but they're so much fun! These would be great beach or airport reads. They contain a little bit of mystery, a lot of romance, and even more Southern sass! I highly recommend Dixie Cash for a quick, easy read.
Amy Kuczewski
Aug 07, 2012 Amy Kuczewski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The way these books are written, with a mystery and a romance in separate but connected plots, keeps me interested through to the end. Hearing the girls talk (I'm listening to audios as I work) makes me long for home, too :) These Texas girls are smart and funny! No steamy love scenes in these romances, but the comedy will have you grinning like a fool :D
Sandie
Dec 25, 2015 Sandie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dixie-cash
This has been my favorite book so far in this series, I love these ladies! I haven't read the books for awhile now but plan on re-reading them soon so I can read book 4 and 5 now as well. These ladies are great and so funny, and I would love to just drop by their shop and visit with them. If you like mystery and humor give these books a try.
Kristen
Jul 22, 2008 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anything by Dixie Cash is going to make you want to pour a good drink, find a comfortable chair and take a deep breath because the laughs don't stop coming! Excellent when you need a light adventure... you feel like you're one of gals in the salon and you can't wait to see what happens next!
Linda
Mar 13, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading Dixie Cash, but it won't be my last. The escapades of the Domestic Equalizers was a hoot, and the romantic misadventures of the characters Quint, Tag and Allison only added to the fun. Sassy and witty and very entertaining. Everything you need for a good read.
Jodie
Dec 07, 2008 Jodie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the characters of Debbie Sue and Edwina and LOVE the idea of the domestic equalizers. i think it is really too bad that we don't see this series from THEIR point of view, because they are a LOT more interesting than the secondary characters that take center stage.
title 1 6 Apr 27, 2010 12:31AM
  • Redemption (Blood and Honor, #3)
  • In One Year and Out the Other: A New Year's Story Collection
  • Blondes Have More Felons (December Vaughn, #1)
  • Killer Deal (Molly Forrester Mystery, #3)
  • Game of Fear (Montgomery Justice #3)
  • Pillow Talk (Love, New Orleans Style, #2)
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Flirting in Cars
  • My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)
  • Miss Julia's School of Beauty (Miss Julia, #6)
  • Mad Cows
  • A Change of Heart (Perfect, Indiana #3)
  • The Velvet Rope Diaries
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • Trick My Truck But Don't Mess With My Heart
  • Hating Valentine's Day
  • Out to Pasture: But Not over the Hill
  • Here's to Friends! (The Four Lindas, #4)
Dixie Cash is Pamela Cumbie and her sister Jeffery McClanahan. They grew up in West Texas during the great oil boom, an era filled with "real-life fictional" characters who cry to be written about. Pam has always had a zany sense of humor, and Jeffery has always had a dry wit. Surrounded by cowboys and steeped in country-western music, when they can stop laughing long enough, they work together cr ...more
More about Dixie Cash...

Domestic Equalizers (8 books)
  • Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash (Domestic Equalizers Book 1)
  • My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great (Domestic Equalizers Book 2)
  • Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 4)
  • Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 5)
  • Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue (Domestic Equalizers)
  • I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave
  • You Can Have My Heart, but Don't Touch My Dog (The Domestic Equalizers Book 8)