Start by marking “Haunted (Fingerprints, #2)” as Want to Read:
Haunted (Fingerprints, #2)

Haunted (Fingerprints #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  968 ratings  ·  22 reviews
This power that I have--this ability to reach inside people's minds and know their thoughts...

Anthony says it's a gift.

But ever since this "gift" started, my life has been in danger.

And now someone I care about is in trouble because of me.

I have to help him--if I can find him.

Where is he?
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published April 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted

Abbie
Haunted was better than Gifted Touch.

Rae could still be a bit slow on the uptake, and she defiantly doesn't know what being subtle is, but she was slightly better than she was in book one.

Thankfully, this installment wasn't as slow as the previous one.
There was more danger, and a couple of creepy scenes.

The last few chapters were pretty good, so i'm looking forward to see how the story unfolds in the next book.
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Jesse has been kidnapped, and it’s up to Rae and Anthony to find him and rescue him.
Who is watching Rae? Who wants to kill her and why? And who has kidnapped Jesse?

This was another okay paranormal mystery story, but again it had issues.

Rae was again a little slow on the uptake at times, and her Violet Ambrose syndrome (putting herself in dangerous situations with no thought for her own safety) seemed to be getting worse. At one point she even said that she did
Titish A.K.
Serial Fingerprints ini timbunan jadul banget yang belum dibaca-baca juga karena pengennya baca setelah semua komplet. E lha taunya Gramedia cuma nerbitin sampai seri ke-4 (dari 7 seri) terus nggak sengaja nemu seri ke-6 dan ke-7 yang berbahasa Inggris di Yusuf Agency. Tapi belum mulai dibaca juga dongg, kan seri ke-5-nya belum punya? Tunda lagi ... Tunda lagi ... Tahu-tahu satu dekade telah berlalu :p Akhirnya menyerah dan mulai baca aja, soal seri ke-5 dipikirin nanti-nanti aja.

Karena nimbun
Emine
Haunted is the second and last book in the Fingerprints-series that I have read.

The plot picks up a little after where the first book ended. But Anthony and Rae are shocked when they find out that their younger friend Jesse was kidnapped (Anthony doesn't believe that Jesse ran away because he would have told Anthony). After some time Anthony and Rae think that there is a connection between the kidnap and the attempt to kill Rae. Together with their friend Yana, they set out to uncover the truth
Irene
Relectura.

Una amiga me preguntó en Goodreads que por qué algunos de mis libros tienen puntuación baja pero que no los considero malos libros, y le explique que a veces tiene que ver con el desarrollo de la trama/personajes/la manera en la que el autor argumenta las cosas. Me pasa con un montón de libros (los incluidos en esta entrada), algunos que tienen todos los elementos para convertirse en una historia increíble y maravillosa, y que el autor termina arruinando y no usándolos.
Y eso pasó con
Elizabeth
It didn't seem like this series could get any better, but it has! This second book in the series is jam packed with mystery, suspense, love and conflict. I'm only on book two of seven but I have to say that, so far, this is the best series I've read to date. I'm am simply enamored with Melinda Metz's writing.

So far Rae and Anthony have solved the mystery of who set Anthony up for the pipe bomb incident (book one) and in book two we hit the ground running as their mutual friend, Jesse, is kidnapp
Marsha
Jan 15, 2011 Marsha rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adult
Haunted immediately begins where the last book left off. 13 year old Jesse is missing. The students in the counseling group have been told he has run away; however, Anthony convinces Rae that this could not possible be true. They decide to investigate. Additionally, Rae discovers a secret about Anthony's reading abilities and wants to help him. To make matters worse, Rae and her ex-boyfriend Marcus have a big blowout. With all of the emotional turmoil Rae faces, she and Anthony learn more about ...more
Becca
Much better than book one. It had a better, more interesting story line. More mystery involved. Very easy and quick read.
Amna Syed
I thought that this book amazing! I read this when I was 12 and I'm 15 now and still read it. I've read the whole series and this is the second book, so I won't give away an spoilers. However, this is an amazing read and if you get past all of the mystery solving and the fingerprint reading, I find that Rae and Anthony's relationship is actually realistic and not like the "love at first sight" kind of thing. They learn about each other while spending time together. I find it great and recommend ...more
Kelly
I picked up this series secondhand and had a burst of reading through this series.

A great little paranormal mystery for YA's. Rae's ability to hear things through touch has screwed up her life making her an outcast in school. She finally agrees to attend a support group and things start to look up a little... and then someone tries to kill her.

Really glad I had the others in the series to read after this as this was a quick fix for me. Great suspense and action though and not too whiny a charact
Theresa
Book 2 of the Fingerprints series continues the story from book 1. Rae continues to go to group therapy and her friendship with group mate Anthony solidifies. When fellow group mate, Jesse, goes missing Anthony knows he hasn't just run away. In the course of searching for Jesse, Rae discovers that there is someone out there who knows what she can do--but who is it, and is it the same person who tried to kill her in the previous book?
Julie
Is more like a 3.5 stars
Quick to read, and I am really enjoying this series
Carole
I'm really getting addicted to this series! The characters are very interesting. I'm hoping that Anthony learns to read better and stops calling himself a moron because he's in classes for slow learners. I hope that Rae will boost his self esteem.
Brianna
really good. i have already read this book in the new version, Haunted in the omivolume Echoes. She did so re-vamped and the sotry is awesome. the older one is awesome as well.
Fairy Tale Junkie
Pretty short but a lot of things happened.
Surprised me to find out that the bomber and the stalker around Rae are 2 different people.

Totally tuned in for the next book.
Hmr28
Another great read. The series continues to combine mystery, the paranormal and a hint of romance. Nice to see a developing relationship rather than insta love.
Jule
Schönes Jugendbuch. Von der Geschichte her nicht ganz so toll wie Teil I, aber ich bin schon gespannt auf den nächsten Teil.
Genevieve's Human
The writing is as catchy as #1, and I'm still drawn in to the plot. Some of the characters are wearing thin.
Phoebe
it makes me wanna live in that world
Daizy
Daizy marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Erin Moore-fagan
Erin Moore-fagan marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Esraa
Esraa marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
  • Silver Eyes (Violet Eyes, #2)
  • Before Gaia (Fearless Super Edition, #1)
  • Gemini of Emreiana (Gemini, #1)
  • Wampus Springs - Mark of the Wolf
  • Fire & Ice (Book of Shadows, #1)
  • Princess of Light (Heirs of a Broken Land Series, #1)
  • The Mark of Cain (The Cain Chronicles #1)
  • Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
  • Dancing with an Alien
  • Morning Stars (The Noctivagas Chronicle, #2)
Melinda Metz grew up in San Jose, California. People sometimes ask if she knows the way there. She kinda does, but she has an off-kilter sense of direction, so to be confident of arriving, it's better to consult some kind of navigational device.

Her mother tried to teach her to read in kindergarten, but Melinda had no interest. She also had no interest in learning to write her name. (FYI, when Meli
More about Melinda Metz...

Fingerprints (7 books)
  • Gifted Touch (Fingerprints, #1)
  • Trust Me (Fingerprints, #3)
  • Secrets (Fingerprints, #4)
  • Betrayed (Fingerprints, #5)
  • Revelations (Fingerprints, #6)
  • Payback (Fingerprints, #7)
Gifted Touch (Fingerprints, #1) The Outsider (Roswell High, #1) Trust Me (Fingerprints, #3) The Wild One (Roswell High, #2) The Seeker (Roswell High, #3)