Start by marking “Payback (Fingerprints, #7)” as Want to Read:
Payback (Fingerprints, #7)

Payback (Fingerprints #7)

"Just want to get over it. She touches your fingerprints. She knows your thoughts."

Yana was my best friend--and Yana wanted me dead.

I should hate her for what she tried to do. But the people who stole what she loved most--they did the same to me.

Yana still wants revenge, and she doesn't want my help. Can I really let her walk into a trap?
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published February 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Payback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Payback

Elizabeth
Mar 09, 2011 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I am desperately sad to know that this series has come to an end and since the author wrote these back in 2000/2001 it's pretty clear she's not intending to revisit it. So I will have to be content with the seven books I have and *sniffle* just keep re-reading them. I've read quite a few series in my day and to be quite frank, this is by far the best of the lot. Book seven is no exception. I rarely walk away from a series feeling satisfied that everything has been tied up successfully, but with ...more
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Well it looks like everything was tied up, but now Yana has escaped captivity. *Sigh*

Well after tying everything up so nicely at the end of book 6, the author has now messed things up with this final book, and then left the ending open?! I mean, do we really need an open ending? Do we really need to hear more from Rae and co.?

I really don’t think this book was necessary to the series. It was okay, they’ve all been just about okay, but I think I preferred the e
Abbie
Jan 18, 2014 Abbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The ending to Revelations was pretty good, and in my opinion, it should have ended there.

I found Payback to be pretty dull.

I normally complain about Rae's stupidity, but a few of the others were stupid too.
Anthony thought that asking Yana if she was brain damaged was a good thing to say to someone that had the ability to put that thought into his head, and actually make him brain damaged.

The ending wasn't that great.
I like concrete endings, but this one was left wide open.

It would have been a
Janeen
Mar 21, 2010 Janeen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michelle Lewis
Apr 08, 2011 Michelle Lewis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*SPOILERS*
I really like this, but what happens after this book?
I love this book but I hate books and series that end like this.
I'm sorry but this ending just makes me so mad!!! It is left so another book can be written, and none was!
What happens after, do they defeat the group?
Does the group kill them?
What happens!!
Marissa
Nov 04, 2011 Marissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This whole series is amazing. I love it sooo much. I can't believe I had ever missed out in this book any earlier but considering the fact that it was published on 2002, I would be at the age of 4 or 5 years old. This whole series got me cracking with Anthony and Jesse and basically everyone in there. I really love the first four books of the series, after that things got awkward and stuff between Anthony and Rae but really, I still have myself hooked on it. This is the longest review I ever bot ...more
Ashley
Jun 29, 2016 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elisabeth
Jun 09, 2008 Elisabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
as you can already tell i love scary stories. but this book isnt scary at all its more suspenceful.
its about a girl that has a power. evertime she touches something she could see what could happen and she can make things happen. many people didnt like this but there were also people who were there for her. but one person in particular that she had more problems with was an ex best friend that tries to get revenge for what she did to her mother.
Sarah Crawford
This is the last of the fingerprint series. Rae is worried about Yana trying to kill her, but it turns out Rae is not Yana's target at all. In this book, though, it's Rae, Yana and Reeve fighting against the group that did the experiments on women which resulted in Rae and Yana having their powers. The book leaves the way open for a follow-up series, but it doesn't appear that there will be any.

It's a decent ending for the series, a little better than a few of the other books in the group.
Fairy Tale Junkie
Oct 01, 2013 Fairy Tale Junkie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psykicks-in-ya
The finale.

Everyone got their happy ever after.

All questions answered.
Most problems resolved.

And Rae and Anthony are right together as they should be.
Mandy and Jesse got their own thing going as well.

Love love this series.

I am for sure to check now her Roswell series (wasn't aware that that TV series was based on Melinda Metz's books)
Winnifred
I don't get why her books are getting shorter and shorter. What's wrong with shoving them together? It seems to unnecessary to put them like this. I thought it would finally end with Yana, but of course, there has to be more drama.
I think it would have been a lot better for this series as a whole to have ended sooner. That would propel the story faster so it doesn't feel like it's sluggish.
Mary
Sep 27, 2014 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the resolution for this in the previous book. In Payback, it leaves it open for it to continue- but since these were written over ten years ago, I doubt there will be more. Leaves a reader hanging. I agree with the reviewer who said the previous book, Revelation, would have been a good ending point given the way Payback ended.
Lisa
Oct 09, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally finally finally, Rae was amazing in this book and her and Anthony is ardorable they couldn't get any cuter, the only thing that slightly bothers me is Yana and that they all seem to have forgiven that witch...
The ending is quite open but good, I loved this series.
Kristal
Loved the series, but I didn't like how the last book ended. It seems like there should have been another book added but there isn't one. What happens after is the question in which no one will know. The agency is still after them.
Jenny Q
Sep 27, 2008 Jenny Q rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was one of the older books/series that got me really into reading. i hated reading back in 5th and 6th grade, but this series had me completely changing my mind and taking interest in romance stories.
Paty
Mar 15, 2015 Paty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
El libro #6 debió ser el final. Yo sé que la saga no tiene final pero creo que leyendo hasta el 6 puedes terminar satisfecho. Este libro no me pareció muy bueno como todos los demás, algo aburrido y muy elaborado. Pero en general la saga la amé.
Linzy Stahle
Jan 26, 2012 Linzy Stahle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Although I really liked this series, when I read this last book I couldn't help but think "Um, that's it?" Kind of left one hanging, but not in that good suspenseful cliffhanger way. Left me wanting more, I wish more books were written. But still a good series with a new, original idea
Maris Belikov
Jul 13, 2014 Maris Belikov rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Como puse en el review anterior, esta serie no era lo que esperaba y definitivamente supero mis expectativas :D
Risa
Feb 10, 2012 Risa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i wish there was another book in this series because they leave wondering whether or not their going to defeat the people that are after them!!!!!
Krista James
Krista James rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Chelsie
Chelsie rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2011
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2012
Kodye
Kodye rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2009
Paige Koblitz
Paige Koblitz rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Ashton
Ashton rated it really liked it
May 14, 2013
Carole
Carole rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2010
Desi
Desi rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2011
Tiffany Long
Tiffany Long rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2014
Emma Boxall
Emma Boxall rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
  • Silver Eyes (Violet Eyes, #2)
  • Before Gaia (Fearless Super Edition, #1)
  • Gemini of Emreiana (Gemini, #1)
  • Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
  • Wampus Springs - Mark of the Wolf
  • Fire & Ice (Book of Shadows, #1)
  • Princess of Light (Heirs of a Broken Land Series, #1)
  • The Mark of Cain (The Cain Chronicles #1)
  • Atlantis Quest (Atlantis Rising, #2)
  • Dancing with an Alien
Melinda Metz grew up in San Jose, California. People sometimes ask if she knows the way there. She kinda does, but she has an off-kilter sense of direction, so to be confident of arriving, it's better to consult some kind of navigational device.

Her mother tried to teach her to read in kindergarten, but Melinda had no interest. She also had no interest in learning to write her name. (FYI, when Meli
More about Melinda Metz...

Fingerprints (7 books)
  • Gifted Touch (Fingerprints, #1)
  • Haunted (Fingerprints, #2)
  • Trust Me (Fingerprints, #3)
  • Secrets (Fingerprints, #4)
  • Betrayed (Fingerprints, #5)
  • Revelations (Fingerprints, #6)