Start by marking “Out On The Net” as Want to Read:
Out On The Net

Out On The Net

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Ray Tolliver has bad timing. Cold feet? It doesn’t get much worse than accepting you’re gay twenty minutes before your wedding to a woman, yet that’s just what happens.

Join Ray as he recounts in his blog the hilarious and touching events that lead him on a journey toward true love. Although he originally starts looking for love in all the wrong places, will he eventually f
Kindle Edition
Published (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Out On The Net, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out On The Net

Jenre
This review can also be found at Brief Encounters Reviews

Comedies are tricky things for authors. Mainly because humour is so personal and what one person finds funny, falls completely flat for another. In terms of the humour, I found this story a little mixed. Some parts of the story were side splittingly funny (you can’t beat a good fart gag), some parts brought on a bit of a chuckle, some parts a wan smile and some bits I didn’t find very funny at all. However, as the parts I did find funny ou
Cindi

Ray Tolliver's timing is horrible. He has chosen the worst time possible to accept the fact that he is gay. Twenty minutes before he is to walk down the aisle to marry Alice he realizes that he can't go through with it. The church is filled. The bride-to-be is in another room getting ready to become Ray's wife. Everything is ready for the perfect wedding ceremony. After choosing a cowardly way (in my opinion) to make the announcement, Ray disappears and later tries to live as a single g
D.H. Starr
Out on the Net is one of the most clever stories I have read in quite some time. Written in the form of a blog, Rick Reed shares the inner thoughts and feelings of Ray Tolliver, a man who realizes that he is gay at the most inopportune moment…on his wedding day. Leaving his bride to be before she even has a chance to walk down the aisle, we embark on Ray’s journey of self-discovery and exploration of his new life.

From rest stop cruising to internet dating, Ray can’t seem to find the right venue
Karin Wollina
Just finished. That was so funny ! Really one of the best and funniest coming out story I`ve`read for a while. Most coming out stories are very sad stories with lots of heartbreak and drama (and rightly so if you see how much phobic people are out there). But this story, told as a blog from one quit ordinary guy is so very nice told (loved the first date blog, I laughed so much my sides hurt). Definitely a keeper, and I will read it again.
Thanks! And highly recommendable !!
Book Utopia

This short novella is comprised of a series of blogs written by recently out Ray Tolliver. It starts with his wedding day, where he finally admits to himself that he’s gay. His best friend Doug agrees to cover for him when he wants to call it off, at which point, Ray sets out recording his new life. He’s a virgin to gay sex, so his first entries are about the local rest stop notorious for gay hook-ups and his adjustment to being single again. They progress from there to his first date a
Miz Love
Out on the Net by Rick Reed is more than a “coming out” story. It’s a This is This is Your Life in 80 pages, Everyman book that anybody—gay or straight—will relate to. Sometimes with hilarity, sometimes with tears. Somehow Mr. Reed’s managed to jam a full-featured, Vista-Vision, Technicolor world into a surprisingly diminutive space. It’s much like those desert tents in the cartoons—little on the outside, but inside it stretches as far as the eye can see, filled to the brim with beauty.

The story
Karel
No more RRR for me. All the blurbs are intriguing to me, but I can't get into his writing. It's somewhat less than functional - the people sound awkward, and I actually cringe for them because somebody has to - and the description just doesn't flow well.

Just takes book for example: it's formatted as multiple blog entries by the MC, and you can tell he's trying to be funny and achieve that tone you often see in Chic lit-ish books... Except it doesn't make the grade.

The narration is often unfunny
Indie Reviews

Readers of gay fiction usually associate Rick R. Reed with the horror story. Unzipped Magazine has described him as "the Stephen King of gay horror" and rightly so, it is a well-deserved accolade. But fans of this author also know that he is versatile and writes across genres. In Out On The Net Mr. Reed once again forays into the realm of contemporary gay romance, but not just any run-of-the-mill romance, strictly a Rick R. Reed particular brand of romance - a laugh out loud romantic comedy that
Jessica Wicks
Okay, I'm not exactly a big purchaser of gay male romance stories. But I know the author and the concept was intriguing. A man is about to get married, when just before the service, he comes to fully realize it cannot happen because he is gay. What follows are series of blog entries where we follow his small town journey coping with this reality and ultimately finding real love. It was a sweet story and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good writing Rick!
Tamela
LOL, one thing I came away with was that Ray really likes to play with his puns. He jokes about being gay and trying to figure out how to use the term "Mary" or picking on the stereotype of liking Judy Garland or Cher.

The description of the "rest stop" had me laughing as I pictured him running screaming like a drama queen out the door.

I'm so happy he found someone he could love and would love him in return for who he truly was.
Julia
I won this one during the M/M Romance Group anniversary celebrations this year. I'm a fan of Reed's mystery/suspense/horror works and was curious to see what else he could do. I wasn't disappointed. This was charming and sweet, great characters and a fun way to present the story. Definitely recommend. 4.5 stars, bumping up to 5 for goodreads.
Shannon
Holy crap. If you need a good laugh, then read this book. It's not very long but it's 100% entertainment. A newly gay, 30yr old man trying to find a partner and blogging about his experiences. Too funny. And sweet and hearbreaking all at the same time. Loved it!
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
I would have enjoyed this story much more if I didn't have to rush it:(
Chris
Very good short m/m romance about a guy who finally accepts that he's gay 20 minutes before he's supposed to get married to a woman. The story is told via his blog as he tries to figure out being gay and meeting guys in his small town.
Elizabeth H.
Cute. A piece of fluff, really, but there's definitely a place for fluff.
Snowtulip
Mar 23, 2011 Snowtulip rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Snowtulip by: Alyosha
Shelves: m-m
Quick, fun read!
Crabbypatty
Crabbypatty marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Irian Reader
Irian Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Vicki Easom Johnson
Vicki Easom Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Lillian Francis
Lillian Francis marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Kevin Orth
Kevin Orth marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Daichi Takemori
Daichi Takemori marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Fernanda Parente
Fernanda Parente marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Jonathan Penn
Jonathan Penn marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Rick R. Reed is all about exploring the romantic entanglements of gay men in contemporary, realistic settings. While his stories often contain elements of suspense, mystery and the paranormal, his focus ultimately returns to the power of love. He is the author of dozens of published novels, novellas, and short stories. He is a three-time EPIC eBook Award winner (for Caregiver, Orientation and The ...more
More about Rick R. Reed...
Caregiver Chaser (Chaser, #1) Raining Men (Chaser, #2) Dinner at Home Legally Wed