Start by marking “Night Whispers (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #3)” as Want to Read:
Night Whispers (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #3)

Night Whispers (Warriors: Omen of the Stars #3)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  5,031 ratings  ·  162 reviews
After the sharp-eyed Jay and the roaring Lion, peace will come on Dove’s gentle wing.

Jayfeather and Lionblaze are determined to uncover the real reason that ThunderClan was led into the deadly battle with ShadowClan. Meanwhile, Dovepaw grapples with a startling fact and realizes that evil is sometimes no more than a whisker’s length away. As tensions grow between the four
Published December 27th 2011 by HarperCollins (first published November 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Night Whispers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Whispers

Sarah C.
If you haven't read the other Omen of the Stars books, don't read this review.

Tension between the clans is rising. The Dark Forest is growing stronger. Cats are betraying their clans every night in their dreams and the battle between the clans and the Place With No Stars is coming closer every day. Ever since the death of the ShadowClan deputy, Ruessetfur, ThunderClan and ShadowClan have been hostile to each other; even to the point of capturing Ivypaw, a ThunderClan apprentice in exchange for
Alexa
Can't wait to read the third book in the Omen of the Stars!
Lia T.
Shayla
This book was simply about trust, betray, and hope. Spoilers may accur in the summary.

In the beginning, The raged battle between ShadowClan an ThunderClan has ceased. Brambleclaw and Blackstar come to an agreement that ThunderClan gets the well-fought-over land. Russetfur has lost her only life and Firestar has had another life ceased from him.
Tigerheart and Dovepaw start to meet in private. Cinderheart thinks she can finally trust Lionblaze to be more than friends. Bonds form, but others fall a
Samantha
As the war between the Clans and the Dark Forest cats draws closer, the bond between the Clans is deteriorating. The war between ThunderClan and ShadowClan is over, but left a deep rift between them. All the other clans are growing wary, and StarClan even warns the medicine cats to not trust the other Clans. Meanwhile, Ivypaw is still visiting the Dark Forest and training with Hawkfrost. Despite Dovepaw's pleas for her to stop, she doesn't listen. She's frustrated that her sister receives so muc ...more
Kayla
I love how the warrior books are written. In most books a good first part of the book is a recap on what has happened throughout the rest of the series. That is something that annoys me about the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series. They all start out in recap mode. And those books aren't thick, so it's a sham when all of that space is wasted.

I enjoyed this book, for the most part, but I am getting a little bored with the whole sneaking out to visit a different clan cat during the night.... I mean co
Oscar
This thrid book in the Warriors Omen of the stars, is the most suspensefle of them so far. It makes you question whats going on and what is happening. Ivypaw, the sister of dovepaw, who is a cat with super sencing powers, is trying to compete with Dovepaw because every cat loves her. She trys to compete by going to the dark forest, a place of dead evil cat (like cat hell). And when Jayfeather, a cat with the powers to enter other cats dreams, finds out he uses her as a spy, to prepare for the ba ...more
Allison
Okay-- so I was lucky enough to get this through First Reads! And being a youth librarian this series has so many pros.

Pros

Easy To Understand
Holds Kids Attention
Stimulates Imagination
Teaches Good Values
Well Written

Night Whispers is definitely one of the greatest Warriors books yet. It is also the scariest one yet. Overall it is a great book which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Qiana King
THIS BOOK WAS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, it was so nice to read a book with quality! There's a bunch of junk even in the twelve year old's section, and so Warriors is completely awesome to me!!!!!
R. A. Danger
First reads.
In this book we entered the eye of the series. Starting with the aftermath between a battle with ThunderClan and ShadowClan. We see the two clans put themselves together, deal with a fox, sickness, and worst of all the Dark Forest cats, who are training cats from all the clans.
In the beginning of the book Bluestar is telling other star members that to stop the Dark Forest cats all the clans should work as one. Instead StarClan chooses to warn only the medicine cats, and telling the
Madisyn
When I first started reading this series when I was a child I fell in love with it. The writing was great, as well as the characters. Well after the first 6, the next couple series didn't do as well for me but I continued to read them in hopes that they would get better as well as just wanting to finish of the series.

This book rather disappointed me, not much happened. I felt as though a lot kept getting repeated, we learned why each clan supposedly can't trust each other and must work "alone" t
Sparks
I read this book because I already read the first two books and wanted to know what happens next in the 'omen of the stars' warriors saga. it was written around 2010-2011. The exact date I am unsure of. I liked this book because it keeps you in it till the veary end. But what I didn't like about it (without going into too much dietale) was the veary veary bad desision that starclan makes dearing the begining of the book which makes every thing even wours. I recomend this book to all the long tim ...more
Kurt Felder
this book is about a war between good and evil cats and the cat gods fight with the good cats, and the murderous cats from the past clash in epic battles. Will the good cats survive, or die trying. I thought this book had a lot of action, drama, and secrets. I liked how the author put so much detail in how the battle looked like and how the clans worked. I can't wait for the next book to come out. I really enjoyed this book and it took me just a week to finish it. Thanks for reading my report!
Faith
Ivypaw visits the Dark Forest in her dreams. Tigerstar tells her Shadowclan will attack them for more territory. He tells her that she must convince her clan to fight back for what was once theirs.

Reasons I like this book-

Reason 1- I could imagine what was happening.

Reason 2- Ivypaw learns Tigerstar and Hawkfrost are lieing to her and becomes a spy for Lionblaze, Jayfeather and her sister, Dovepaw.

Reason 3- The book has made want to read the next book in the series, Sign of the Moon.
Jordyn C.
this is about Ivypaw getting jealous over Dovepaw because she thinks she is better than her. so one night Ivypaw met this strange cat an dher taught her some battle moves everynight. After a while she found out that his name was Hawkfrost, and he was part of the Dark Forest, the Dark Forest is a place of no stars and Ivypaw joined their Clan. at first she didn't know it was dangerous and that she thought they were only training her to be a better warrior for her clan, but really they are trainin ...more
Gajen Chan
Tensions grow as the war between the Thunderclan and the Shadowclan gets more intense. After Shadowclan's defeat, it's questionable on how the fight began and why one neutral clan, the Starclan, allowed the fight to continue and refuse to stop the war. Later discoveries, Lionblaze finds out about an evil figure within the Thunderclan that's been causing all these wars and arguments. It's up to Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Dovepaw to find out that that is.
Alice Qu
I was really glad when Ivypaw wanted to stop training as a dark forest warrior and become Thunderclan's spy to see exactly what is going on, I didn't want Dovepaw to fight against her very own littermate in a battle fo blood. Ivypaw is Dark Forest's lost and Thunderclan's gain. Each clan must fight for itself now. The medicine cats stopped talking, something bad is coming, and it may be stronger than Starclan itself.
London
In this adventurous Warriors book, Jayfeather and Lionblaze are desperate to learn more about the battle between ShadowClan and ThinderClan, hoping to learn more about what danger the Three face. Meanwhile, Dovepaw has her own problems. Her sister's jealousy and what that leads to, and a forbidden love with a handsome ShadowClan cat.
Although a bit predictable, this astonishing book leaves readers hungry for more.
Barbara
I haven't read the rest of this series, and although it didn't take long to get caught up in the story of the four cat clans, I got a little confused with all of the different characters. I really enjoyed it but I think I would have enjoyed the story even more if I had read the first two books. I'll have to go back and read them now so I can be caught up with this interesting series.
XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL
Joyce
WOW!!! I hated Ivypaw so much during most of the book, and then at the end, she was about to kill Flametail... I don't know whether to feel sorry for her (because of all she's been through and how I can totally understand her feelings) or hate her (because of how she had to get into Dovepaw's business, get captured by ShadowClan, and ruin everything. And especially how she chose to kill Flametail).
I feel so sorry for Tigerheart, because the catmint and stuff ruined the bond between him and Dove
Alex
Dec 03, 2010 Alex marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won a copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads program, in exchange for my honest review. This book is really fun and adventurous. If you like mysteries and suspenseful adventure books, then you will probably like this one. There is also an adventure game included in the back of the book that looks like it could be really interesting.
Emma
Susan
Aug 11, 2011 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young adults or adults that like cats
Shelves: first-reads
I loved learning more about Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Dovepaw. Dovepaw and Tigerheart's epic romance in this book left me eager for the next book in the series. I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Madison Vezinet
This book is so good and it was long but it was worth it.This is a dramatic book and uses good words.This book is about evil dead cats trying to attack the living.It is sortive a love story in some parts.
Anna
TOO AWESOME! It was kind of nerve-racking at parts, and really heart-breaking when Dovepaw and Ivypaw divorce, sisters-style, if you know what I mean. But it was really good!
Emily
The best. Thats all there is to it. Cats change sides, and expolsions happen just when u think the fight is over.
Casey
It was a great book. If you like fantasy with a little mix of mystery, you'll like this book
Darren
Apr 23, 2011 Darren rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Darren by: Linda Stewart
Intriguing. Leaves you wanting more. What's going to happen to the Clans?
The loooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg wait. 65 95 Oct 20, 2013 06:37AM
Warrior Cats! (Meow): Night Whispers 1 2 Aug 23, 2013 05:43PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Night Whispers [#3] 5 10 Oct 01, 2012 04:58PM
  • Watch Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #3)
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • Varjak Paw
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

“I'll protect my Clan, whatever it takes.” 35 likes
“Bumblestripe: “I think we showed them.”
Hazeltail: “Showed them what? How much blood can be spilled in a pointless battle?”
11 likes