Start by marking “How to Keep Your Kids on the Team” as Want to Read:
How to Keep Your Kids on the Team

How to Keep Your Kids on the Team

It's not what you think that will impact your child; it's what you communicate. Charles Stanley focuses on the parental role as one of stewardship rather than ownership. As a parent, you have a stewardship entrusted to you, and are responsible to God for your actions toward your children. To keep your children on your team, you must assure them from the beginning that you ...more
Published February 1st 2004 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 1986)

To ask other readers questions about How to Keep Your Kids on the Team, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Keep Your Kids on the Team

Brent Soderstrum
Jun 14, 2012 Brent Soderstrum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy reading a Charles Stanley book. This one deals with raising your kids so that they end up being people you are proud of. I have a 20 year old son and a 16 year old daughter. I really wish I had read this book years ago. I can still apply many of the principles set out in the book in dealing with my kids but other areas aren't as applicable now as they would have been years ago.

I found his last chapter on the roles of the man and wife in the family as very interesting. A wife is to submi
Larisha
Mar 24, 2011 Larisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book 3x and each time God reveals another wonderful nugget to me :)

Dr. Stanley focuses on our parental role as one of stewardship vs. ownership. As parents, we have a stewardship entrusted to us, and we are responsible to God for our actions toward our children.

The most important thing that Dr. Stanley conveys over and over again is how we are to ingrain a sense of personal accountability to God into the minds of our children at an early age. By doing so, God will enable us to
Mark Kloha
Jan 13, 2015 Mark Kloha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good Biblical approach and advice on raising children.
Cathy Sims
Apr 29, 2013 Cathy Sims rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is the best book i have ever read in raising my daughters. The book gives you solid advice . My daughters are grown now and i recommended the book to them.
Kristy
I really liked this book! Had lots of good, practical advise ... I am already implementing some of what I learned. HIGHLY recommend!
Read1000books
Like all of Dr. Stanley's books: Biblical, practical, and helpful.
Trisha
May 24, 2011 Trisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb!
Ras Salassie
Ras Salassie marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Val
Val is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2016
Stephen Maldonado
Stephen Maldonado marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Pastor'S Wife
Pastor'S Wife marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Lon
Lon marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Annetta
Annetta marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Josh Ayers
Josh Ayers marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Chad
Chad added it
Jan 18, 2016
Maryanne
Maryanne marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Odie Haiston
Odie Haiston is currently reading it
Oct 23, 2015
Cheryl Biggs
Cheryl Biggs rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Sara Vogt
Sara Vogt marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Stephanie Wharton
Stephanie Wharton marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Samwharton
Samwharton rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Chris Murphy
Chris Murphy marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
monica smith
monica smith marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Susan Snoeyink
Susan Snoeyink marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Josefina Garnica
Josefina Garnica marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Chuck Ferlita
Chuck Ferlita rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Misty
Misty rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...