Start by marking “Animal Reiki: Using Energy to Heal the Animals in Your Life” as Want to Read:
Animal Reiki: Using Energy to Heal the Animals in Your Life

Animal Reiki: Using Energy to Heal the Animals in Your Life

Animal Reiki is a great introduction to the growing field of energy medicine. Written in an easy-to-read style, this book will be enjoyed by animal guardians and veterinarians alike. --SHAWN MESSONNIER, DVM, author of The Natural Health Bible for Dogs & Cats I learned a lot from Animal Reiki and highly recommend it to a wide audience. --MARC BEKOFF, University of Color ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Ulysses Press (first published April 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Animal Reiki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Reiki

Tracey Gagne
Jul 17, 2007 Tracey Gagne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those interested in animals and those interested in Reiki
This book gave me incredible insight, not only into my Reiki practice, but also into how it helps animals. I've used it with my own cats with incredible benefits!

If you have never tried Reiki, it provides a good introduction to Reiki in the first chapter. If you have tried Reiki, it gives some great information on how to use it with animals. I learned so much from reading this book and intend to keep it as a resource for my own Reiki practice!
Lindsay
A very informal book full of personal stories, unlike the structured teaching style of many other reiki books. The authors include the basics and lots of ideas for variations based on your and the animals' needs and your intuition. The chapters each deal with reiki for a specific type of issue (such as type of animal, senior animals, shelter animals, etc.). Thus, there is lots of repetition both within and between chapters. Decent pictures help to illustrate how to perform reiki on many differen ...more
Carol
Jul 13, 2016 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals, reference
This book is so well written! While it is especially useful as a reference book for reiki practitioners, it is easy and fascinating reading for anyone. It may even inspire you to learn reiki in order to have a closer, more in-depth relationship with your beloved pets.

As mentioned by others, there is a lot of repetition of throughout out the chapters, but there needs to be. Most, of the procedural steps for giving reiki are the same for all animals. But, the person who needs specific information
Sharon
Nov 09, 2015 Sharon rated it it was amazing
It seems appropriate that I finished reading this book on the day that I received certification in Level 1 Reiki.

This book was recommended to me during a session with an animal chaplain after the unexpected death of my youngest cat, Teddy, due to an aneurysm. I was asked by my work volunteering with shelter animals and Rev. Nancy Schluntz suggested that Reiki might be useful to my work in that environment. She recommended that I start by reading this book.

Honestly, I was almost immediately overc
Gina Briganti
“Animal Reiki: Using Energy to Heal the Animals in Your Life” by Elizabeth Fulton and Kathleen Prasad (2006) earned the “I like it” rating from me. I’ve been recommending this book based on a skim read I did when I first purchased the book years ago. Now that I’ve read it I am really glad that I did. It is filled with inspiring stories that I read aloud to others because they were so special.

These ladies have clearly done a lot of Reiki on animals! It shines through in their respect for the ani
Luminea
Aug 12, 2014 Luminea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, animals, reiki
This was a very interesting book that really opened my eyes to all of the healing possibilities with Reiki. I enjoyed the individual case studies and the photographs, which helped me to understand the various options for hand positions.

The only thing I found a bit annoying was how often the authors repeated the same information across several chapters when discussing how to treat different species of animals. While they did emphasize the differences between each, I still felt at times as if I wa
Lee
Feb 21, 2011 Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: energy-healing
There are plenty of books on the market covering Reiki for dogs & cats, but this book includes all animals, from fish to birds to horses to wild & farm animals. Elizabeth & Kathleen are so sensitive, respectful & caring toward animals; their love for them is very clear by the tone of voice & advice offered in this book. My only complaint is that the sidebars, as helpful as they are, break up the flow of the book - I wish there was a smoother way to incorporate these heartwarm ...more
Sue
Nov 10, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a Reiki Master but when it comes to animals, I only have experience in channelling for my own dogs. One of my students wishes to work with animals, in particular horses, so I bought this book which was very informative although repetitive at times. One thing I did not know was that anyone (in the UK) wishing to treat an animal that isn't their own has to legally get permission from the animal's vet.
Nancy
Dec 09, 2008 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for anyone interested in expanding their Reiki practice to include animals. Wonderful photos and examples. Authors are extremely intuitive animal communicators.
Vanessa Nicole
May 16, 2014 Vanessa Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

great to learn about it and the dogs. I loved it. it's really amazing book to read. must read it
Scrapsandsass
I was hoping that this would teach you how to *do* Reiki, but it did not. Luckily, I just tried it on my own and saved my cat. :)
Lauryn
Apr 13, 2016 Lauryn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good if you've already taken reiki courses. This will not help if you don't know anything about reiki-it does not teach reiki
Theresa
Jun 10, 2008 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far this book is making me feel comfortable performing reiki on my pets. I have only studied level I Reiki and cannot do distance-healing. But this book makes me anxious to study level II!
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2009
Allison
Allison rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2015
Audrey Fee
Audrey Fee rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Kim McKie
Kim McKie rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Kali Fyre
Kali Fyre rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
marie
marie rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2008
Michelle Huntting
Michelle Huntting rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2014
Hayley
Hayley rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Mrs L J Chorley
Mrs L J Chorley rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Anne Manera
Anne Manera rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Elizabeth Lehl
Elizabeth Lehl rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
طوق الحمام
طوق الحمام rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2012
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Bobby Walker
Bobby Walker rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2010
Paula A. Gutiérrez
Paula A. Gutiérrez rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Cathy Kearns
Cathy Kearns rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Riding Between the Worlds: Expanding Our Potential Through the Way of the Horse
  • Reiki: A Comprehensive Guide
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • Power Animals: How To Connect With Your Animal Spirit Guide
  • Learning Their Language: Intuitive Communication with Animals and Nature
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui: The Traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho Treatment Positions and Numerous Reiki Techniques for Health and Well-Being
  • Shamanic Reiki: Expanded Ways of Working with Universal Life Force Energy