Start by marking “Baby Love: Healthy, Easy, Delicious Meals for Your Baby and Toddler” as Want to Read:
Baby Love: Healthy, Easy, Delicious Meals for Your Baby and Toddler

Baby Love: Healthy, Easy, Delicious Meals for Your Baby and Toddler

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Finally, the must-have cookbook is here for the millions of busy parents who have taken on a healthier approach to eating--less processed, more organic--and who want to feed their little ones easy-to-make, cost-effective, completely nutritious and delicious meals.

With more than sixty gourmet-inspired recipes and dozens of Chef Geoff's tips for quick and nutritious preparat
Published November 9th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published August 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Love

Andrea
I liked it in general, but I don't know that I will use the information. The way the book was written made it interesting and the pictures are very pretty.

There are a few specific reasons why I think this is not for me:

1. The beginning of the book says that you could make your baby's food in an hour every other week. For me that would not be true. For one thing, I very seldom have a whole hour at one time so that would make it difficult. I know I am slower than many in the kitchen, but if you i
Heather
One of the authors is a professional chef. By rule, that makes this a little less user friendly. I think he did a good job of "dumbing" it down and all, but there are nicer baby food recipe books out there. It's kind of like if a ninja tried to teach a kindergarten gym class. I doubt I'd even attempt half of these, though most of them do sound amazing. While is was organized fairly well, I really found "Top 100 Baby Purees" by Annabel Karmel to be a better resource. Come on...this guy cooks all ...more
Marianne Kirwan
Jan 29, 2015 Marianne Kirwan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents and Grandparents who enjoy cooking for their babies and toddlers
Shelves: kids, cooking
I love this book and have given it as a gift to several people having babies. The recipes are easy and the pictures are beautiful. My daughter loved the food and I enjoyed making it for her when she was just learning to eat.

There are several recipes I still make for her now (she's 4).
Kimi
Oct 12, 2014 Kimi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents
Shelves: cooking
Amazing book to make fresh baby food without all the fancy equipment. Loved all of the recipe and still making them today for my 4 year old.
Krysten
I love this book. It made the idea of making baby food at home enticing, fun and much less overwhelming than I thought it would be!
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
In my never-ending quest for assistance in getting my son to eat, I checked out Baby love: healthy, easy, delicious meals for your baby and toddler by Norah O'Donnell and Geoff Tracy. This book seems more geared to babies just beginning to eat.

It is a compilation of very easy to make baby food. Most of the recipes have only one or two ingredients. Basically, you cook and pureed each type of fruit or vegetable, then freeze into individual portions using an ice cube tray. Very simple, even for ver
Emily
This was a gift from one of my mom's friends, and has the distinction of launching me into making my own applesauce. It also encouraged me to attempt to make my own baby food. However, it wasn't as easy as the book suggested - having two children 16 months apart made it difficult to find uninterrupted time to pursue the other steps necessary for the recipes: shopping, boiling, shocking, blending, and freezing the food. Additionally, I found that I had large quantities of food I never ended up us ...more
Brandy
Did you know that you can MAKE your own baby food, rather than buying seven thousand teeny-tiny jars? There are recipes here for making all kinds of things, from pureed apples (hint: cook apples in water, then puree) to chicken soup.

A lot of this would have been useful if it hadn't already occurred to me that it's possible to feed my kid real food not from jars. But since I had just done a big cook-and-puree binge when I picked this up from the check-out desk at the library, it wasn't very usefu
Greg
This is a great little primer on preparing baby food yourself in a cheap, healthy, and efficient way. I appreciated the nutrition notes which will come in handy as we learn to craft a diet that is appropriate for Mer's needs. I also like the tips that make some of the better vegetables more palatable (like using cauliflower as a creamy base for the greens). Looking forward to trying some of the recipes, including those designed or adapted for mom and dad!
Carol
Upon the recommendation of a classmate, I thought I'd give this a go. I'm not sure why one needs to add juice to vegetables to make them sweeter. Ditto for avacado and apple sauce. I bake apples down into applesauce using ONLY apples. It's plenty sweet enough that way. So while I appreciate some of the recipes and nutritional information offered by this book, my timetable is far more reserved when it comes to introducing sweets.
Sam
I'd always planned to make my own baby food and this book was a very helpful way to start. To the critics who said that 48 oz was a lot of food to store--I did not find that to be true. I've made a number of these recipes and look forward to my daughter trying them.
Layne
It's pretty, but not especially insightful. There aren't very many recipes, and most of the early stage purees are no-brainers. They also tell you to add juice to everything which isn't really necessary.
Colleen
Fantastic! Several tasty recipes which exposes chilren to tastes and textures. Recipes are easy to prepare and are economical. Includes recipes for parents to enjoy also.

Highly recommended.
Sylvia
Some pretty yummy sounding baby food recipes broken down by appropriate age groups. Since we have yet to start solid foods, not sure how the recipes will really go over. Very pretty presentation.
Maryalice
This was very practical and offered good suggestions for those want to make their own baby food. The recipes were easy, and this Chef and wife duo have some delicious ones!
Jessie
This is an extremely pretty cookbook full of recipes that sound wonderful and then when I make them the baby refuses them and only wants to eat either wheat pita bread or bananas.
Meredith
Easy to use. Simple recipes. Not the most comprehensive but it was all I needed to feel empowered to make babyfood. Great color photos.
Adri
This is a good intro to making baby purees. And, the pictures are lovely (that always makes cookbooks more appealing, don't you think?)
Emily
Simple recipes and great cooking and food prep tips. Wonderful pictures and very easy to skim.
Erin Krueger
Pretty simple and really only useful for purée ideas.
I would buy this book if I wasn't so cheap.
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Stacy
Stacy added it
Feb 08, 2015
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015