Start by marking “Your First Year in Network Marketing: Overcome Your Fears, Experience Success, and Achieve Your Dreams!” as Want to Read:

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  336 ratings  ·  43 reviews
How to Keep the Dream Alive!
Network marketing is one of the fastest-growing career opportunities in the United States. Millions of people just like you have abandoned dead-end jobs for the chance to achieve the dream of growing their own businesses. What many of them find, however, is that the first year in network marketing is often the most challenging—and, for some, the
Published December 8th 2010 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 7th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Your First Year in Network Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your First Year in Network Marketing

Faith
Sep 05, 2007 Faith rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who wants freedom
Shelves: networking
I wish I read this book when I started my work with RELIV. It would have saved me a lot of heartaches and unnecessary disappointments.
Christina Schulz
If you're new to Network Marketing, I believe this book should be the cornerstone of your business. Hands down, a great system to follow from A-Z.
David Feinstein
This book should be called "How To Become Brilliant on the basics" and subtitled "How To Unleash Your Potential in MLM." It sure did for me.

This book gives in depth guidance on how to avoid the pitfalls and mistakes most new networkers tend to make. If you are new to networking and are serious about it, this book will help you really understand what this industry is all about.

A good read for anyone exploring the Network Marketing Industry!
Kristina
Loved it!! I wasn't even aware of all these big mistakes I have been making trying to build my downline. Definitely recommend this for everyone interested or in network marketing, even if you've been in the business for some time.
Jimp
This book is a must read for the new network marketer or even the seasoned one.
Reading this book could make the difference of you sticking with it or losing a fortune in what you could have had, namely a nice residual income for life.
David
This is possibly one of the best books I've read to prepare for network marketing. I read it after I've been in network marketing for 6 months. It was a life saver.
Amazing for anyone who is thinking or has done a network marketing business...such amazing stories that we have all been through!!! so great!!!
Sandra
Heard a lot about this book so I got it. Talks about getting and keeping your downline happy. MLM basic book.
Z
This is a must read for anyone interested, curious, or involved in Network Marketing!
Kyle
Very good book for anyone planning on being in the network marketing business.
Ranjit Kumar
Oct 29, 2012 Ranjit Kumar is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Bernard Bentley
A must read for anyone currently in business or anyone who has a desire to go into business in the future. This book totally equips you to understand the highs and lows that are associated with owning your own business.
Nadia
While it had positive stories, I felt like there were so many stories about people walking away from MLM. I bought this wondering if MLM was for me and now this book has left me with even more questions.
Michael
Full of useful and practical information that is not typically discussed, presented by a highly successful network professional. The principles are the same today, though some of the technology is outdated.
Sunshine
Wish I had this book at the BEGINNING of my first year of MLM, and not at the end! But now I know, and how to OVERCOME!
Joleen
Network marketing is like a school in itself and this is the required read and textbook.
Mau Vargas
A must read book full of tips in order to start a great organization on MLM.
Mathias Luz
Lots of traps and tips one can get from this book when it comes down to MLM business!
Highly recommended!
Bright Oppong
Amazing book, i recommend it for anyone involve in network marketing
Josh Rankin
This was the book that I picked out of the crowd not long after I started in the industry. I love the authors fresh and entertaining writing style. After 4 years my fiancé and I are top 100 earners in a leading company in the industry, and I would say that speaks volumes for this book. Should be required reading for every new recruit.
Paula
I needed to read this book for a challenge I'm participating in, and I kept putting it off and reading others in the challenge instead. The title looked boring, the cover looked boring...but it wasn't. I actually was pleasantly surprised and picked up a lot of good information from this book. Yay!
Stacy
This book was very helpful as I start up my new MonaVie business! The only complaint that I had was that some of the examples were a bit lengthy or redundant for the point that was being made. Overall, though, I learned so much that it was worth the small amount of time I invested in reading it!
Melanie Harper rojas
This book was very useful and gave clarity on why certain things happen in this industry. The only draw back was there was a lot of discussion about selling products and i work with services. i definately recommend this book for new network marketers
Bradley
Yucky. Boy did I make a mistake when I picked this book up. It might as well read Amway Recruiting Manual. I tried Amway but it was not for me. Writing fantasy stories is more my cup of tea. Avoid this one if you can. =)
Jerome Baladad
It's a must-read book for those who are involved in any kind of network marketing. I've blogged on it and it's found in this link: http://dyer-movingon.blogspot.com/201...
Amy Ambarani
Oct 24, 2007 Amy Ambarani rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: network marketer & people who likes to know more about network marketing world
Shelves: business
this book is a complete book of what you have to know to run a network marketing business.
a lot of simple thing that we should know before we start our business.
learn the detail... the very simple thing...
Rebecca Verlangieri
A must read for the new Network Marketer! Great advice for avoiding some of the blackholes awaiting the novice networker, though a tad self-adulating on the authors part.
Patricia
Great book for brand new Network marketers - some of the information is dated (esp. related to technology) but overall very engaging and well-written.
Stacey Shuler
Great, informative read! So helpful in my first year of network marketing. This book is for network marketing in general, not just one company
Patrick Moore
Loved it. The authors have been in direct sales for years and playfully share their learnings. A must first book read for new mlm'ers!
  • The Greatest Networker in the World: The story that has changed the lives of millions Now it can change yours!
  • Beach Money: Creating Your Dream Life Through Network Marketing
  • The 45 Second Presentation That Will Change Your Life
  • Be a Recruiting Superstar: The Fast Track to Network Marketing Millions
  • Go Pro - 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional
  • The Business of the 21st Century
  • The New Wellness Revolution: How to Make a Fortune in the Next Trillion Dollar Industry
  • Skill With People
  • Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
  • Maxwell 3-In1 Special Edition: The Winning Attitude, Developing the Leaders Around You, Becoming a Person of Influence
  • The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • The Flip Flop CEO
  • Thresholds of the Mind
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America's Foremost Business Philosopher
  • Dare to Dream and Work to Win
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting the Life You Want. James Arthur Ray with Linda Sivertsen
How to Become Filthy, Stinking Rich Through Network Marketing: Without Alienating Friends and Family Su Primer Ano en el Network Marketing: !Supere Sus Miedos, Alcance el Exito, y Logre Sus Suenos! Your Best Year in Network Marketing تنها راز موفقيِّت دوام آوردن Power Multi-Level Marketing