Start by marking “It Takes a Hero” as Want to Read:
It Takes a Hero

It Takes a Hero (Danvers Family (Chronological order) #4)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  435 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Rebecca will have to take a page from her own book to keep the dashing Rafe Danvers from spoiling her success.

But how does one play hard-to-get with a man one cannot resist?

Rebecca Tate never intended to cause a revolution with her notoriously popular Miss Darby novels, merely to earn enough to support herself and her ailing uncle. But now it seems every eligible debuta
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published March 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about It Takes a Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Takes a Hero

LaFleurBleue
Let me start with a warning. This book is not a realistic historical romance, more of a romantic comedy set in past idealized times. The writing was still not perfect and neither was the editing job. One character's name kept changing from Throckmorten to Throckmorton, and that's just one example among others.
This story is very loosely inspired by the Moonstone of Wilkie Collins, which I had just started to read for the second time a few days ago. At a moment when I was reading the previous book
steph
This book made me laugh. Liked the premise (lady writer who has all of the Ton's daughters convinced they will never marry due to the death of her fictional hero and upset Mama's send Rafe after her in order to make HER STOP WRITING THOSE BOOKS SO MY DAUGHTER CAN MARRY)and all the characters were great -especially the mad Uncle and sixteen year old orphan who eats everything in sight. Would rec for those who want to laugh while reading.
Rox
I haven't read anything from the Danver's but I got curious over Ms. Darby so I started reading this one. It was good, not exactly my favorite since Ms. Tate can be quite bossy but it was overall refreshing.
Bebe Four
There was a lot going on here. I liked the second half much more, which is where the story somewhat unexpectedly changed direction.
Saral
A bit slow paced for my taste but extremely funny!
Hazel
It's an amusing, entertaining read.
Lychee
I laughed hard and repeatedly -- especially the first half. The story features an anonymous author of romance novels, one of the stories which has the unintended effect of having the debutantes on the marriage market vow not to get married, leading society matrons to hire the hero to track down the author and convince her to stop writing. Already checked out more of her books from the library.
Tabetha Waite
I love a book with a strong heroine, such as Rebecca in this story, but I almost felt, at times, that she was outshining the hero. I enjoy reading Elizabeth Boyle's novels, but I wasn't as impressed with this one as I am others. There were times I was a bit bored with the story and felt it was somewhat choppy in places :(
Vera
It's a fun story, but I didn't like Rebecca that much. I thought she was a bit too stubborn, living in denial. I've read several books from Elisabeth Boyle, this isn't one of my favorites but I do recommend the other ones!
LibraryDanielle
I took off a full star for rebecca saying take me, please take me! seriously? that was the stupidest thing. and it wasn't said in irony, which I could have accepted, but in full seriousness. gak.
Shaula
It is not the author's fault, but the editing or the text conversion in this edition was terrible. The story and characters were fun and enjoyable.
Audrey02
I could not get into this book, which is weird because I really like Boyle's other works. Made it to page 60 in ebook, then quit.
Sharal Hunter
Very enjoyable story. Good characterization and plot development.
Karen
3 1/2 stars, really-- I liked the ending.
Leslie
Leslie added it
Jun 30, 2015
Kelly Rhinesmith-klupp
Kelly Rhinesmith-klupp is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2015
Norma
Norma marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Lunar
Lunar marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Lissa
Lissa added it
Jun 27, 2015
Shelagh Keogh
Shelagh Keogh marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 10, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Mick Loves Books
Mick Loves Books marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
  • Hero, Come Back
  • Her Highness, My Wife (Effingtons, #5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)
  • Seduced at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #3)
  • Never Deceive a Duke (Neville Family, #2)
  • Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish (Windham, #4) (The Duke's Daughters, #1)
  • An Indecent Proposition
  • The Earl of Her Dreams
19842
Elizabeth Boyle was an antipiracy paralegal for Microsoft before settling down to write full-time. Her first novel, Brazen Angel, which won Dell's Diamond Debut Award in 1996, also won the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award for Best First Book, and was a finalist for Best Long Historical Romance. She lives with her husband in Seattle, Washington. She is also the author of Brazen Heiress.
More about Elizabeth Boyle...

Danvers Family (Chronological order) (5 books)
  • One Night of Passion (Danvers, # 1)
  • Stealing the Bride (Danvers, #2)
  • Once Tempted (Danvers, #3)
  • Hero, Come Back
Love Letters From a Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #3) Something About Emmaline (Bachelor Chronicles, #1) Confessions of a Little Black Gown (Bachelor Chronicles, #4) Along Came a Duke (Rhymes With Love, #1) And the Miss Ran Away With The Rake (Rhymes With Love, #2)