Start by marking “Digging Up Trouble (Nina Quinn, #3)” as Want to Read:
Digging Up Trouble (Nina Quinn, #3)

Digging Up Trouble (A Nina Quinn Mystery #3)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  490 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Digging Her Own Grave

Landscaper Nina Quinn makes her living from surprise garden makeovers. It's not her fault that someone duped her into digging up the wrong yard. And she certainly can't be blamed when her handiwork turns the unsuspecting real owner apoplectic and he drops dead from a heart attack . . . can she? Nina's got enough trouble already, with her divorce from f
Published March 28th 2006 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Digging Up Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digging Up Trouble

Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Sep 06, 2010 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it it was amazing
I began reading about Nina Quinn years ago with the first novel "A Hoe Lot of Trouble" and loved it. I had lost sight of the novelist until I was lucky enough to be re-introduced to her via a reading group. Then Ms. Webber wrote a new series about Lucy Valentine and I fell in love again.

So, being confused I ordered the original series out of order. So, This is the third book and guess what? I love it. Nina Quinn is a hard-working, reality based person who happens to find bodies in the most uniqu
Renee
Aug 08, 2010 Renee rated it liked it
Yet another Salvation Army find, and another good read. It's the third in a series, but I suspect that that might be an advantage in terms of ongoing family/relationship plot. Protagonist Nina Quinn, a landscaper living in Ohio, runs a firm specializing in surprise garden makeovers. (Whatever happened to all of those surprise home/garden makeover shows, anyway? I miss them!) It seems that she also has a habit of encountering murder victims, which doesn't make breaking apart from her almost-ex hu ...more
Aurian Booklover
Feb 17, 2014 Aurian Booklover rated it it was amazing
Another great instalment in the Nina Quinn series.
Nina Quinn is a very curious woman and when her almost ex-husband’s former sister-in-law Lindsey Lockhart wants to hire her to create one of her surprise gardens, she accepts. Nina does sense that something is not quite right here, but she wants to use the connection to get some answers about Kevin’s first wife, who died in a boating accident. But Lindsey refuses to tell her anything, and as the garden make over has been paid for already, Nina h
Robin DeJarnett
Jan 17, 2009 Robin DeJarnett rated it liked it
Recommends it for: mystery fans
Shelves: 2009-read
When I realized that reading a hundred books in a year meant reading two a week, I started looking for some that would be a little faster to read than the 400 page paranormals I've been hooked on for a while. I picked up 'Digging Up Trouble' at RWA last summer, and at about 240 pages, was able to finish it pretty quickly.

This one caught my eye specifically because it's written in first person, something I'm trying to do. I really enjoyed the voice of this book, and was very comfortable in Nina's
Carrie at Paper Bindings
I thought this books was about the same level as the previous books. I found them entertaining, but I like them less than the author's other series. My opinions on the characters and overall plotlines are the same as previous books, still enjoyable and entertaining. Parts of this book were a bit slow, but as a quick read, it quickly got better.

I've never been in Nina's position of being cheated on and awaiting a divorce, so this is purely my opinion of how I think I would be in that situation. B
Mary Ann
Jun 12, 2014 Mary Ann rated it liked it
As this series progresses- I like Nina more and more. And the crazy cast of characters is just as lovable as the heroine. These are real people, with real lives and that makes everything just that more believable. There was a lot going on and there was a lot of juggling that at times had my head whirling. But I like that carnival ride feeling when I'm reading a good mystery. The ending was a little too tidy for me but it certainly gave us a hint about what was to come in the next one.
MissSusie
Dec 11, 2010 MissSusie rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
As usual Nina Quinn seems to be a magnet for dead bodies. And she is still struggling with which man she wants to be with.

There were times in this book that I felt I missed a page but didn't; like when her and Ana were gong to go find out about Jean-Claude and they find out about the accident then the next page its the next day and she's at work without telling us what happened the night before it was a bit confusing. And the ending was very anti-climatic and felt rushed. I guess she made her de
February Four
Mar 17, 2016 February Four rated it liked it
It was a little harder getting into it again after a little time away, but finally I got into the story and it worked a lot better after about halfway.
Mehrunisa Salim
Nov 02, 2015 Mehrunisa Salim rated it it was amazing
Much better, yes crazy annoying characters still annoyed but since you didn't get that much of them I had a blast.
SW
Apr 08, 2014 SW rated it really liked it
Nina always getting into trouble, just keeps getting more and more hilarious.
Tammy
Mar 29, 2015 Tammy rated it liked it
Solid book, nothing memorable but decent and I will read I others.
Zainab
Aug 06, 2015 Zainab rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Trisha
Jul 25, 2012 Trisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good installment in this series. For some reason I get a big kick out of BeBe's antics and the fact that he caused her to find something many were looking for was a plus. The characters are lots of fun and I love all their flaws. The mystery in this wasn't necessarily the biggest mystery but still wasn't handed over on a silver platter too early in the story line (although since I had read it years ago, that might not be too fair to say). Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.
Amy Mcveigh
Feb 27, 2014 Amy Mcveigh rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better, I love all the characters and the stories are great!
Karol
Feb 27, 2009 Karol rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
I enjoyed this cozy mystery - Nina is such a likable character. The mystery itself was well-developed and had some twists that surprised me. Nina's sister and mother played less predominant roles in this novel, while her ex-husband, stepson, new boyfriend and employees took center stage. I especially enjoyed the characters Tam and Brickhouse.

Another really good read by this author!
Jan 19, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
Nina takes up a new landscaping job, and begins work. It soon appears that she has been tricked into landscaping the wrong yard! The owner makes an appearance, and dies of a heart attack from the shock of it all. The owner's wife is threatening to sue Nina, and she's going to need to find out what really happened if she wants to keep her business.
Bird
Nov 14, 2010 Bird rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series! The light touch of romance appeals to me, and I enjoy seeing the nontraditional parent/child relationship between Nina and Riley.

My one complaint was the Jean-Claude subplot. It felt superfluous, and could easily have been excluded without affecting the story (except perhaps making it flow more smoothly).
Stacey
Jan 12, 2015 Stacey rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
There was so much going on that you just wanted Nina to stop moving and drink a beer. Her sister was not in this one which was sad because she made the last book so fun. The end kind of left you hanging. I wish we had found out about Nina's decision when it comes to Bobby.
Valerie
Nov 18, 2014 Valerie rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Heather Webber's writing. The characters are fun and clever. She has twists to the story you aren't prepared for until the very end. Her writing allows you to piece the clues together with Nina Quinn the entire way.
Candace Davidson
Nov 13, 2012 Candace Davidson rated it it was amazing
Loved the story. The end was different than how typically the killer is caught. I will not ruin the surprise. It ended well. It makes me want to read the next book in the series soon to see what happens next.
Tammy
May 21, 2013 Tammy rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful series with well rounded lovable characters.The mystery was excellent! I love that the characters evolve as the series goes on. This is a must read for cozy mystery lovers.
Karen
I liked this better than the other one I read by this author, but ending put this down from a 4 star book to a 3. Cute book and the hummingbird hints were great.
Kristin Humphreys
Mar 13, 2012 Kristin Humphreys rated it it was amazing
I was trying to guess all through out the book who the murderer was and I never guessed who it actually was. Great book.
Danielle
Jan 09, 2011 Danielle rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery, 2011
Review here
Jennifer Daniel
Not as good as the 1st in this series. Too many sub-plots and non-essential wackiness going on.
Kim
Mar 23, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Another great read in the Nina Quinn series!
Suzanne Boyd
Aug 04, 2013 Suzanne Boyd rated it it was amazing
Delightfully fun mystery with good characters and a fun ending.
Coleen Murphy
I like this series. Easy read with giggles here and there.
Allison Fenton
Jan 28, 2012 Allison Fenton rated it really liked it
this one is good. couldn't stop reading.
Nora Brosseau
Aug 29, 2012 Nora Brosseau rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series!
  • Flipped Out (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #5)
  • One Potion in the Grave (A Magic Potion Mystery #2)
  • Cat on the Money (Joe Grey, #6.5)
  • A Haunting Is Brewing (Witchcraft Mystery #6.5; Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #4.5)
  • Polished Off (Southern Beauty Shop, #2)
  • Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)
  • Murder at the Azalea Festival (Magnolia Mysteries, #3)
  • Behind the Seams (Crochet Mystery, #6)
  • Murder In The Milk Case
  • Pax Demonica (Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #6)
  • The Last Word (A Books by the Bay Mystery #3)
  • All the Pretty Hearses (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #26)
  • Kicked to the Curb (Cara Mia Delgatta Mystery, #2)
  • Tragic Toppings (Donut Shop Mystery, #5)
  • The Cats that Told a Fortune (The Cats That #3)
Heather Webber (aka Heather Blake) is the author of more than twenty mystery novels and has been twice nominated for an Agatha Award. She's a total homebody who loves to be close to her family, read, watch reality TV (especially cooking competition shows), drink too much coffee, crochet, and bake (mostly cookies). Heather grew up in a suburb of Boston, but currently she lives in the Cincinnati are ...more
More about Heather Webber...

A Nina Quinn Mystery (7 books)
  • A Hoe Lot of Trouble (A Nina Quinn Mystery, #1)
  • Trouble in Spades (A Nina Quinn Mystery, #2)
  • Trouble in Bloom (Nina Quinn, #4)
  • Weeding Out Trouble (Nina Quinn, #5)
  • Trouble Under the Tree (Nina Quinn, #6)
  • The Root of all Trouble(A Nina Quinn #7)