Start by marking “Oddball Wisconsin: A Guide to Some Really Strange Places” as Want to Read:
Oddball Wisconsin: A Guide to Some Really Strange Places

Oddball Wisconsin: A Guide to Some Really Strange Places

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  48 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Chatty Belle, the World's Largest Talking Cow. The Mendota Monster. Apostles on Parade. The UFO Capital of the World. Romeo, the clown-stomping elephant. Car-washing octopi. Other travel guides suggest the same old scenic driving tours, homey bed-and-breakfasts, and the best fall foliage—Oddball Wisconsin offers offbeat travel destinations and little-known historical tidbi ...more
Published April 1st 2001 by Chicago Review Press

To ask other readers questions about Oddball Wisconsin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oddball Wisconsin

Kelly Jahn
Jun 12, 2013 Kelly Jahn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Ran through it in one shot. It's amazing how many of these oddities that I have visited! It must be that I am an oddity myself. :) (Please don't respond to that!) Actually, geocaching has brought me to many of these locations. Most unique locations like this have a geocache associated with them.

One of the perks is that the author gives maps that show you where these "unique" locations are to be found in proximity to one another. A road trip would be possible.

Best of the place
Julie
Aug 29, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel
Some places are no longer there, but it was a great read for finding something to do when I had one or two days off in a row.
Jun 09, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
This is a well-written, well-organized little guide. It's kind of superfluous, though, because you really couldn't plan a trip out of this book alone. Honestly, a lot of the things listed aren't worth visiting (Jeffrey Dahmer's old apartment, which is now just an empty lot? A haunted Lutheran church?), or aren't worth making a special trip for (lots of "World's Largest"s). It's a cute book, though, and a nice gift for someone moving to a new state.
Chris
May 03, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a lot of fun. I'm convinced that Wisconsin has a double dose if oddity, and I hsve seen an impressive number of these attractions. I grew up near the Kohler area, and I'm proud that the Kohler Foundation was behind the preservation of so many of these gems. On my wish list: the assorted grottoes and the Prairie Moon Gardens.
Kelly
Sep 01, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, library, 2013
I loved Oddball Minnesota. And now that I'm back in Wisconsin, I really enjoyed Oddball Wisconsin. A fun, quirky read about places and things to see around Wisconsin. I now have a new list of places to visit.
Nancy Janovicz miller
Nancy Janovicz miller rated it did not like it
May 17, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Tracy
Tracy added it
Jan 26, 2016
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Sean Maurer
Sean Maurer marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Adriana
Adriana rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Joel
Joel rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Steely Ben
Steely Ben rated it did not like it
Feb 03, 2015
Kyle Condon
Kyle Condon rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Janelle
Janelle rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Alisa
Alisa rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014