Start by marking “Love Me Forever (Scottish Duo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love Me Forever (Scottish Duo, #2)

Love Me Forever (Scottish Duo #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  349 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Left for dead after a carriage accident, Brianna Cameron wakes to find herself in a one-room cottage with a tall, dark, and badly scarred man tending her wounds. Once a fierce warrior who charmed many a woman into bed, he is now a broken man, shattered by war. But caring for Brianna seems to heal the scars on his soul...and open his heart to the redemptive power of love.
Published January 28th 2003 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Love Me Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me Forever

Kym
I really wanted to enjoy this book. It took me forever to get my hands on it. It started off wonderful but as it went on it seemed to be repeating itself. It became just so mushy that it actually irked me. I have no idea why because normally I enjoy all the sappy scenes. The heroine just totally turned me off. She gets mad and then 5 seconds later she is in bed with him. lol. I didn't finish the book. I read about 3/4 of the way and put it down to return to later. In hopes that maybe it just hit ...more
Melissa
Jun 09, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A carriage accident leaves Brianna in need of help. An injured warrior comes across her carriage and takes her to a cottage to help her heal. In the process, Brianna helps to heal the warrior and his own injuries (both external and internal). Together they form a bond and wish to wed. The warrior has told her his name (Royce) but has not told her that he is a laird of his own clan and a legend in his own time. She feels hurt and betrayed when she discovers the truth. She needs to decide if she c ...more
Lynette Lazaroff-Carson
Jan 10, 2013 Lynette Lazaroff-Carson rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Recommended to Lynette by: Nobody
I thought I would try and read another of her books but I find I will finish this one and then no more. When I choose to read a book from a ccertain era in time I want to see and feel it in the book. She writes her characters as if they were from modern times there is no historical element at all and the stories were ok but the characters are very boring
Ambulur
Aug 07, 2011 Ambulur rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really did not enjoy this book. I think out actually would have been ok if 1000 pages were removed! It was soooooooo repetitive! I can't say I'm not stoked to be done!
Tonya
Jul 25, 2011 Tonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am glad to finally read a book where the couple falls in love and admits that love to one another BEFORE the very end of the book.
Ileana
Nov 28, 2013 Ileana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-books
I must say I was thoroughly disenchanted with this story after having read "Isle of Lies.". It took 12 chapters to get the story going. There was no balance between dialogue and action. There was nothibg left for the read to guess regarding their feelings since one moment she thinks about wanting kiss him and in the next she says, "Kiss me". I must say that the male characters are much more authentic and likeable, whereas Brianna's constant intermonologuing was exhausting. I was not taken on the ...more
Karen  Boruff
Feb 16, 2014 Karen Boruff rated it liked it
The writing was well done, but the story repeats...and repeats...and repeats, as though the writer couldn't think of anything new. UGH! I really didn't like this book and kept falling asleep while reading it. Which is probably a good thing for me, I am a disabled USAF vet, and have lots of pain. I read to keep my mind off my body, have trouble sleeping and am awake most of the night usually. So this book helped in that way....I grabbed some much needed sleep. But a story should flow and keep you ...more
PMHE (Machelle)
Mar 13, 2015 PMHE (Machelle) rated it really liked it

I almost stopped reading this book about 1/3 of the way in because the hero and heroine were already saying they loved each other and wanted to get married and I really couldn't imagine how the rest of the book wouldn't drag big time. But I ended up enjoying it for the most part.

As other reviewers have noted, there was a good deal of repetition and I was annoyed by the small inaccuracies in the story, but overall it still managed to be a sweet, enjoyable read.
Jeene Hobbs
May 01, 2015 Jeene Hobbs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highlander Beauty and the Beast

A badly scarred warrior rescues a woman from a coach accident and tends her serious wounds in a remote cabin. They both have mental and physical wounds that need to heal.
Of course they help each other.

I thought that this was a complex story of relationships, secrets, identity, loyalty, and love. I have thoroughly enjoyed these related stories.
shewhorefusestonameherself
Mar 02, 2015 shewhorefusestonameherself rated it did not like it
This was a badly written, repetitive and dull book. The dialog was cringe worthy and I kept skipping pages because it was so boring.

I highly recommend you avoid this. Waste of money and time.
Anne
Jun 14, 2011 Anne rated it really liked it
As I read the summary of this book, I was sure it was one I would like, and I definitely did. As a Phantom of the Opera lover, when a young girl is saved from a wrecked carriage by a man with a badly scarred face, the story becomes very interesting. As he helps her with her injuries, he finds that he does not feel as strongly about his own, and the two soon fall in love. But there is suspense and some mystery involved which makes this a really good read. I would have preferred for him to remain ...more
Tony
Jul 17, 2015 Tony rated it really liked it
Shelves:
luv it
Maria
Mar 06, 2015 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is well written, but for me it was a sedative reading, perhaps because there is too much dialogue: the characters are constantly discussing and analysing their feelings and emotions.
I'm not sure about the conformity between their attitudes and behaviour and the historical period.
Anyway, I liked the "love at first sight" plot, the strong and protective alpha male and his tenderness, sometimes a bit condescending, towards the heroine.
Sandra
Mar 30, 2013 Sandra rated it liked it
This one is a high 3 stars. I loved the concept, loved the characters and I am a sucker for Scottish/irish historical romance. In fact, I've read so many of them they blend into each other after a while. This book's take on healing helped it to stand out. However, the editor was asleep on the job. It got too "sweet" at times and it became repetitive in parts. I hope that a good editor gets ahold of it and republishes.
Amanda
Jun 05, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
I really enjoyed this book. The only real negative thing I have to say about it is that there could have been more editing done. Such as one line should have undressed and it read undresses. Other than that another lovely book by Ms. Fletcher that made me smile and even laugh out loud a few times.
Kimberly
Oct 30, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Shelves: highlanders
My 3rd Donna Fletcher book I have read this month, I loved them all! Great story (especially the connection/continuation between this one and Isle of Lies) and characters, definitely a re-read!
Cruth
Dec 15, 2012 Cruth rated it really liked it
Overall, it's a really good, enjoyable book with an unusual storyline. Worth a read for a different Medieval.

Tilequa
really fuckin good would read again and have ppl who likes these types of books read t not my friends
Dee
Aug 21, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it
I really like this story. A kind of healing together story.
❆ Crystal ❆
Apr 04, 2013 ❆ Crystal ❆ rated it liked it
Shelves: g-highlanders
Good story. I enjoyed reading this. 3.5 stars.
Natasha
Aug 11, 2012 Natasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
A very sweet, beautiful story
Jul 26, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Loved these two characters!
Izzy
Izzy marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Dj Banaszak
Dj Banaszak marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Monique Kelly
Monique Kelly rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
  • Taming The Beast
  • Highland Hawk (Highland Brides, #7)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • His Conquest (MacGruder Brothers, #3)
  • The Unlacing of Miss Leigh
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • Taming The Beast (Wife Inc., #3)
  • Someone to Love
  • Always Mine (The Blackthorn Trilogy #1)
  • The Scottish Companion
  • A Laird for all Time
  • The Bride Of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #1)
  • A Whisper of Roses
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • What a Scoundrel Wants (Medieval, #1)
  • The Perfect Scandal (Scandal, #3)
  • Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical)
  • Masquerading Mistress

Scottish Duo (2 books)
  • Isle of Lies (Scottish Duo, #1)