Start by marking “Hula Done It?: A Passport to Peril Mystery” as Want to Read:
Hula Done It?: A Passport to Peril Mystery

Hula Done It?: A Passport to Peril Mystery (Passport to Peril #4)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  398 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Dead in the Water For travel escort Emily Andrew and her fellow Iowans, aloha means "hello" to all the sun, surf, and scrumptious cuisine their Hawaiian cruise has to offer. But for Professor Dorian Smoker, a renowned expert on the legendary Captain Cook, aloha also means "good-bye" -- as in "man overboard."

Sure, it could have been an accident. But Emily wonders if some gu
Published July 13th 2010 by Gallery Books (first published October 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Hula Done It?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hula Done It?

Anastasia
Hula done it? by Maddy Hunter is the 4th book in A Passport to Peril mystery series. Emily Andrews and her Iowan tour group are cruising the Hawaiian Islands when the main speaker and Captain Cook authority is thrown overboard just after being asked to authenticate a recently discovered journal. Fortunately nanna had kept the treasure map from the journal but soon others obtain copies and are searching for the treasure. I love this series and found this book just as funny and entertaining as the ...more
Drebbles
Oct 22, 2009 Drebbles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006
In this entry in Maddy Hunter's humorous "Passport to Peril" mystery series, travel escort Emily Andrews brings her group of senior citizens from Iowa on a Hawaiian cruise. Also on the cruise is Professor Dorian Smoker, an expert on Captain Cook. Soon after one of the Iowans gives Smoker a journal with a treasure map that may lead to buried treasure, Smoker is thrown overboard by a mysterious assailant and presumed dead. There are plenty of suspects, including several people who disagreed with h ...more
Elizabeth
Fun series - Emily and Nana are both endearing, but I have a feeling I will burn out on them before I read the last book.
Yolanda
Jan 01, 2014 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
A Deadly Treasure!

Emily Andrew does it again! Landmark Bank takes the senior traveling group on a Hawaiian Cruise. On this cruise the group is accompanied by Professor Dorian Smoker a lecturer on Explorers, particularly Captain James Cook. Tilly, a member of the tour group and also a professor brings to light a possibly authentic diary of Griffin who sailed with Captain Cook. From this point, the strangeness begins.
Poor Emily, will she ever get to just be a guide on the trips instead of a det
Jenn C
Apr 10, 2016 Jenn C rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, read-2015
"I'm Emily andrew, full-time coordinator of global excursions for a senior travel club and person most likely to misinterpret a lot of things related to life, death, romance, and spastic eye movements." (p.3)

Emily hits her stride as tour escort in her fourth outing - along with the usual mayhem, murder and silliness! This time, we're taking a cruise to the Hawaiian islands and a world-renowned professor takes a dive after a lecture. With more than a handful of suspects, an accident-prone fellow
Kimberly
Oct 13, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This series makes me want to go on vacation. I wouldn't mind going with a group like the group from Iowa. And I don't like group vacations. But this group knows the importance getting to meals on time.
Nana and Tilly look like the fun ones in the group that have some sense. the rest of them seem suspect in my eyes. Maybe from the fact that the others in the group don't get as much page time as Nana and Tilly.

The mystery was okay. I wasn't really focused on it because I usually get the killer wron
Michelle
Hula Done It?
Maddy Hunter
Mystery
310 pages
copyright: 2005
isbn: 0-7434-8292-1

Dead in the Water

Sure, it could have been an accident. But Emily wonders if some guest with a grudge might have knocked off the opinio
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This is the 4th book in a series by Maddy Hunter about Emily Andrew who is a travel guide for a group of senior citizens from Iowa. They have traveled to several exotic locations and Emily met a hunky Swiss man who is her current beau. This trip finds them on a cruise through the Hawaiian Islands where of course another murder occurs. Somewhere in the book one of the characters says that 4 dead bodies is the average on their trips but they make it through this one with only 2.

Emily likes to thin
Pat
Apr 05, 2015 Pat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Linda
Jun 24, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
I liked it! I can't wait to read more of the series. It had everything - zany characters, romance, humor and a mystery I couldn't solve!
Liz
Feb 17, 2016 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so, I'm pretty much going to pretend that Italy trip never took place. This book recaptured the magic of the first two. It was WONDERFUL. Loved the Hawaiian setting and information. Our lovable seniors are back and a few more memorable characters. It was fun and quirky, so glad I read it after the previous book. Cannot wait to grab the next in the series.
Laureen
Apr 12, 2013 Laureen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I forced myself to finish this book because I'm always curious as to how Hawai'i is portrayed. I suppose that a specialist on Captain Cook would use English notes for his history, but hard to relate to the names and history used today. There were too many errors on directions and geography to be believable. The characters were all annoying, from the main character on down. The thought of a large number of tourists digging along the Wailua River using spoons "borrowed" from their cruise ship was ...more
Shiela
This is my favorite series to take travelling with me. I LOVE Emily Andrews and her cast of crazy travelling seniors from Iowa and all of the ridiculous situations they find themselves in. The cast of zany characters are what really make this series and they seem to be getting more and more hilarious as we get further along. This time around, we find Emily and her gang on a cruise to the Hawaiian Islands when she comes across a "man overboard" situation. Giggles to follow.
❂ Jennifer
Not the best in the series, but definitely not the worst. This book marked the beginning of the series improvement, imho. While the characters have always been amusing, the plot in the early stories was often weak, and the protagonists ability to leap to wild conclusions annoying. This book was slightly more credible and the protagonist seemed to think things through a bit more. Overall, very enjoyable read.
Jan
Apr 12, 2010 Jan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily and her tour group are taking a cruise to Hawaii. Also on the cruise is a group that features Dorian Smoker, a world renowned expert on Captain Cook. When Smoker is lost overboard, Emily suspects it was not accident. Could the mysterious map that has emerged have anything to do with it.

As with the others in the series, don't expect serious detecting, but going along for the ride is too much fun.
Rebecca
This is a book club selection.
Nicole
Jan 04, 2016 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fact I took this long about the book is not because of the book, but of a sometimes annoying thing called "life". I absolutely loved this book! I am a huge fan of this series of books! I always smile or laugh during reading, Emily and her nan really encounter all sorts of funny things together with the other Iowans in the traveling group!
Barry Rocklin
Emily, Nana and Company are back, this time on a cruise ship through Hawaii. When a professor lecturing on Captain Hook disappears, presumed thrown overboard, the gang searches for treasure (as found in a treasure map), and the killer of the Professor. Like the Stephanie Plum/Janet Evanovich books, these books read quickly with plenty of chuckles.
Kate
Mar 12, 2012 Kate rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so typical of what I don't like about the new cozy genre: really inane heroine, really ridiculous plot. I read it because I have a cold and can't concentrate on anything for very long. If I hadn't been sick, I would have thrown it across the room, & abandoned it.
Melissa
Jun 01, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book club selection for May, which I just now finished. Laughed out loud and thoroughly enjoyed it. I needed something light. This is a cozy type mystery that occurs on a cruise ship in Hawaii. Was fun reading.
Alison
Dec 09, 2012 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love, love, love this entire serious. Is it brilliant writing? No. Is it entertaining? Hell, yes! This whole serious makes me laugh out loud. I like these even better that Evanovitch.
Janell
Aug 17, 2010 Janell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read in this series of murder mysteries. The mystery was pretty intriguing this time around plus this series includes more humor than most books in this genre.

Amy
Mar 18, 2013 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one wasn't fabulous, but it was still entertaining. It was nice to have a break from Jackie, although being on a cruise ship was a bit limiting. But still a quick, fun read.
Kimmie
Jun 01, 2011 Kimmie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had trouble finishing the third in this series (Pasta Imperfect) but the fourth was really good. I would recommend this series to anyone who likes a good laugh.
Serena
Apr 01, 2016 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
My Rating System:
Kimberly
Light and easy read. Lots of fun humor. Emily has her hands full with three suitors.
Andrea
Oct 11, 2011 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Fun characters, fun story. Who doesn't love a Hawaiian cruise on Halloween?!
Danell
Really enjoyed this book! Another great one in the series!
Lana Kamennof-sine
A fun read. Loved the scene with the two Darth Vaders :-)
  • Goodbye, Dolly (Gretchen Birch, #2)
  • Shadow of an Angel (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)
  • Death On The Diagonal (Crossword Mysteries, #12)
  • Death, Snow, and Mistletoe (Tori Miracle, #4)
  • The Brush-Off: A Hair-Raising Mystery
  • A Farewell to Legs (Aaron Tucker Mystery #2)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Loco Motive (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #25)
  • The Way of the Guilty (Hope Street Church Mystery, #3)
  • Verse of the Vampyre (Poetic Death Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Has a Sweet Tooth (A Cooking Class Mystery, #5)
  • 'Til Dice Do Us Part (Bunco Babes Mystery, #2)
  • Invitation to Murder (A Card Making Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Uncorked (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)
  • Death Rides Again (Jocelyn Shore #3)
  • Reservations for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #2)
  • Not a Girl Detective (A Cece Caruso Mystery, #2)

Passport to Peril (10 books)
  • Alpine for You (Passport to Peril, #1)
  • Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2)
  • Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3)
  • G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril,  #5)
  • Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6)
  • Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7)
  • Bonnie of Evidence (Passport to Peril, #8)
  • Fleur de Lies (Passport to Peril, #9)
  • From Bad to Wurst (Passport to Peril #10)