Start by marking “Good Groom Hunting (Misadventures in Matrimony, #2)” as Want to Read:
Good Groom Hunting (Misadventures in Matrimony, #2)

Good Groom Hunting (Misadventures in Matrimony #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  20 reviews
On the trail of fortune . . .

Adventurous Josephine Hale is determined to live up to her scandalous heritage. With half of a crumbling treasure map that belonged to her grandfather, the legendary pirate, in her possession, the bold and beautiful lady is half-way to a fortune. Unfortunately, the remainder of the map belongs to Stephen Doubleday, Earl of Westman, her family's
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Good Groom Hunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Groom Hunting

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This was a delightful read. Just what I needed, to get immersed into an escapist story that kept my eyes glued to the page. I think that Josie and Westman are such a great couple. I love how Westman's determination to be a better, more sober man is juxtaposed with Josie's impish desire to be free and do what she wants.

Normally, I'm not a big fan of the hoydenish historical heroine, but Galen does it very well with Josie. Her desire to be a free woman is very understandable and I respected her f
Jenny
"Good Groom Hunting" follows the fiery Josie Hale, a young woman who has sworn not to get married and to become a pirate. Her grandfather was a pirate, after all! Josie owns half of her grandfather's treasure map but, unfortunately, the other half is owned by Stephen Doubleday, Earl of Westman, whose family is sworn enemies of the Hales.

So, of course, as they work together to find the treasure - Josie so that she can be rich and independent and not married, Stephen because his family is destitu
ChloeLeeNH
Jul 29, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
Great adventure, great tension between the h/h... I love the banter and the tension. This one was a lot of fun!!
Shen
A fun read about Josie and Stephen, members of feuding families, who got caught up in searching for pirate treasure that their grandfathers stashed.

There treasure hunt took them to strange and dangerous places, but also led them to finding more in each other than they ever expected.

I loved Josie's character. She was fearless, fun loving, sassy and adorable. Stephen didn't stand a chance when she broke into his house through the library window.

Stephen has recently claimed the family title afte
Lisarenee
Cute story about a group of girls who swear off marriage and form the Spinsters Club. Searching for a family treasure only she believes exists Josephine propositions her neighbor, Stephen, to an affair so as to gain access to the house where she believes the other half of the treasure map she possesses may be found. Fun read.
Amanda
I'm not sure if it is because I read this right after another Shana Galen book, When Dashing Met Danger, but this one just didn't hold my interest. I think part of it was that this book is pretty similar to When Dashing Met Danger in that they both are dealing with some kind of intrigue that takes them to another country. Although this books intrigue was treasure and the other was spying, they both had the man that didn't really want the female along for the ride but needed them in order to comp ...more
L.A. Miller
Better than the first. Ms. Galen has a way of creating characters that literally step out of the pages of her books. The haunting soul of Stephan Doubleday, second child who could never live up to the shining example of his older brother in his parents eyes. A man trying to atone for his mistakes and restore his family’s name. Maybe then he might see a glimmer of love in his mother’s eyes.
Josephine Hale, a woman who has bucked society’s rules, has no desire for a man or husband and seeks only th
Tanya Velayutham
I like the first book better
Carol
I think Josie's story is my favorite yet!
Patti
I really enjoyed this book! Josie and Stephen are on the hunt for a treasure map and then the treasure and along the way fall in love. What I liked was that although the characters are searching for pirate's gold, they aren't stuck on a boat. The majority of the story occurs before they ever get close to the gold. I loved Shana Galen's reference to the way Stephen touched Josie. "...her body was an instrument to him. He was the virtuoso, playing her exquisitely." (p.218)
Nicola Sheridan
This was an entertaining read. I loved the character of Josie, you rarely read a heroine quite like her. Tempestuous, stubborn, daring and wanton, despite being virginic. The romance between Josie and Stephen Westman is good, and charmingly developed. My only complaint was Stephen had a tendency to imagine throttling Josie, and I found that less than heroic!

All in all an enjoyable read for anyone who likes a bodice ripper with a bit of a difference.
Judith
GOOD GROOM HUNTING is a fun Regency romance with a bit of a mystery involving the murder of Stephan's grandfather, a treasure hunt with a dangerous pirate in pursuit, and a love story between bitter enemies. Readers will enjoy this wild ride from London to the High Seas as two sworn combatants find the greatest treasure of them all. And you know what that is!

A word usually used to describe this kind of book is "rollicking."
liz
The scions of the two romantic leads' families were pirates who worked together, then one of them purportedly murdered the other. The lady lead's quest to find their grandfathers' buried treasure brings them together, and then they find love.

Jeez, am I reading some cheesy contrived romance novels lately or what??

No boy had ever made her feel like that before. And she'd kissed quite a few boys. Several men, too.
Robin (RBBR)
This was suppose to be a Quartet but something happened (not sure what) and the fourth book is on hold possibly permanently. Fortunately the way the 3rd one ends you are not left with a major feeling of disappointment at knowing what happens next because you have a very real sense of the final Heroine's happily ever after. If its ever published its a definite buy IMO.
Sarai
Nov 25, 2007 Sarai rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romances
This is a book I would recommend to those that want to read a simple book that is simple and sweet. But I would recommend that you read the first in the series simply to understand the players. Although this book can stand a lone it would have been nice to read it from the beginning of the series.
That being said it is an okay simple book.
Maria
Another great story by one of my favorite historical romance authors, Shana Galen. My full review, on my blog: http://bit.ly/19GXpw0
Diane Peterson
A pleasant story. Weak writing, a rather ridiculous plot, irregular character development. Truly a very average book.
Robyn
Very enjoyable book, love the banter between h/h.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Angelina Marie
Angelina Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Anita
Anita added it
Aug 23, 2015
Zenab Mehmood
Zenab Mehmood marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Saulegriza
Saulegriza marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
  • Rogue with a Brogue (Scandalous Highlanders, #2)
  • A Grosvenor Square Christmas
  • Seducing the Spy (Royal Four, #4)
  • I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3)
  • Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom (The Renegade Royals, #2)
  • The Panther & the Pyramid (Khamsin Egyptian #4)
  • A Scandal to Remember (The Reckless Brides, #5)
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • The Last Renegade (Bitter Springs #1)
  • The Knight Before Christmas (Knights, #4)
  • A Pirate's Wife for Me (Governess Brides, #10)
  • Diary of an Accidental Wallflower (Seduction Diaries, #1)
  • The Wicked Wallflower (Bad Boys & Wallflowers, #1)
  • The Iron Rose (Dante Pirates, #2)
  • Christmas in the Duke's Arms: A Christmas Anthology
  • A Deal With the Devil (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #4)
  • Surrender to Me (The Derrings, #4)
Shana Galen is the bestselling author of fast-paced adventurous Regency historicals, including the RT Reviewers' Choice The Making of a Gentleman. Booklist says, "Galen expertly entwines espionage-flavored intrigue with sizzling passion," and RT Bookreviews calls her "a grand mistress of the action/adventure subgenre." She taught English at the middle and high school level off and on for eleven ye ...more
More about Shana Galen...

Misadventures in Matrimony (4 books)
  • No Man's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #1)
  • Blackthorne's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #3)
  • The Pirate Takes a Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #4)
Lord and Lady Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #1) When You Give a Duke a Diamond (Jewels of the Ton, #1) The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3) If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2) The Making of a Duchess (The Sons of the Revolution, #1)