Start by marking “Eclipse” as Want to Read:
Eclipse

Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three #4)

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  12,045 Ratings  ·  271 Reviews
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published August 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Eclipse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eclipse

Neil
Jan 08, 2009 Neil rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can certainly understand the appeal of the Warriors series. Its massive, well-developed world offers the reader a truly immersive experience. However, it's just not my thing for one simple reason: the characterization sucks on toast.

'Erin Hunter' (whichever of the three authors actually responsible for Eclipse) doesn't let her characters stand on their own, preferring to hold the reader's hand and explain every nuance of conversations and thoughts.

Example, from page 34:
"That was a huge leap!
Scott
Jun 11, 2011 Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Carrie
Sep 05, 2008 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, animals
It's been a while since I've been truly impressed by a Warriors book. The writing style is just on the higher end of "good", and usually the plot and characterization aren't particularly strong. Things have been pretty interesting in PoT, however. The Erins have done a good job of keeping us in the dark.
I think that if I had to choose one thing about Eclipse that I liked best (it's a hard decision), I think I would say that my favorite element was that I actually couldn't guess what would happe
Tori
Oct 25, 2009 Tori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been attached to Erin Hunters' warrior cats ever since the first book.I now believe that somewhere,there are clans of cats with leaders who get into fierce wars.Erin Hunter adds enough life and excitement to sweep you off your feet and take right into the forest with the cats.

If I had any problems,it was with trying to picture the landscaping of the area.Although Hunter gives you a map of how the land looks like to both cats and people,you can't always look to the maps every five seconds.Th
Kayla
Aug 18, 2009 Kayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
Another great Warrior book... :-)

In this book a loner, Sol, shows up and tells Leafpool and Jaypaw a mysterious Omen. A day after that there is a horrible battle, and all four clans are involved. A beloved cat, Squirrelflight, is left with a bad belly injury. Will she survive?

Meanwhile, Starclan is helpless to the horrors that are taking place in reality, as a result one clan has lost faith in them. Only time will tell if they come back.
Kate Matson
Summary From Goodreads:
Firestar's three grandchildren have learned of the powerful prophecy that foretells their destinies, and the responsibility of deciding the Clans' future weighs heavily on the three apprentices. But each secretly yearns for power: Lionpaw dreams of being undefeatable in battle, while Hollypaw longs to be a great leader and Jaypaw knows only he can see the true past and future for them all. Their strengths are tested when ThunderClan is suddenly attacked—and all four Clans
Christina
Apr 23, 2008 Christina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2009
I don't know if I'm getting bored with the series or if the books are just not as good as they were when they started but I just didn't enjoy this one as much as the others.
Joseph Leskey
This is about as fascinating as a glowing toadstool. It provides a great deal of opportunity for later books, as is usual in the Warriors series.
Leen Gilis
Dec 28, 2016 Leen Gilis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ik vind dit één van de beste delen in de serie! Dit boek zit vol onverwachte wendingen en verrassingen! Ik ben al nieuwsgierig naar het volgende deel.
Micheline
Aoife
Feb 12, 2011 Aoife rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All warrior fans! Read them in order everyone! :)
Like the other warrior books, I loved reading this and it was very addicting and suspenseful. The emotions that Erin Hinter is able to make you go through while reading these books proves hoe captivating they really are. You are sucked into a whole other feline world when you read these, with characters you have come to know and love and some you have come to hate... You go with them as they face problems and enemies as they overcome personal issues etc. This book is quite eventful and we meet a ...more
Oliver
Dec 08, 2014 Oliver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. Jaypaw tells the others about there prophocy to have the power of the stars. Suddenly, they learn that WindClan cats have been stealing prey. A big battle starts. Then Sol, the strange rouge tells them that the sun will disappear if they fight, but ThunderClan does not listen. A battle between the four clans start, but stops when the sun fades away. Sol went to ShadowClan and got all of them to believe StarClan is a lie. The cats go off on there own, and Tawnypelt and her kits come to T ...more
Olivia Flies
Jan 01, 2014 Olivia Flies rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH. MY. GOSH. one of the best books EEEEVAAAAA!!!!
if you also read the mangas;
when i was reading the mangas about skyclan, let's just say... at one part in those comics, I ran back into my room to get this book so fast, I smashed my toe on a bookshelf and kept running. (my toe was purple for a week and a half)
Janiel Perez
Mar 30, 2015 Janiel Perez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Erin Hunter. I really liked the action and the journey that the 3 got. As Jaypaw tells him littermates about the prophecy, they are struggling to believe him. But soon, they try to find what power they have.
Overall a great book
Hawkeye
Jan 14, 2017 Hawkeye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I've read this book before... but it was even better this time because I read books #1, #2, and #3 prior to this book, and I actually understood the plotline. Four books down, two to go. :)
Mark C Shoemaker
Impressive

It was all excitement no part drAgged along. Best in the series of power of three. Leaves you wonder what will happen next.

Sparrowwing
May 31, 2012 Sparrowwing rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these books!
hiilovemarkhoppus
I'm almost done
Ami Betczynski
Mar 10, 2017 Ami Betczynski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great return from the Prophecies Begin. After the first series ended, the Warriors books seemed more dull to me. The Power of Three seemed a little boring at first, except for Jayfeather, my favorite character of the series. But this book blew me away. Cats sharing knowledge of the Clans and predicting something StarClan couldn't really brought back the feel of the old warriors books. All the books after this have been stunning too, all because of this plot line. Without this book, my favorite ...more
Frilly
Feb 22, 2017 Frilly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dracena
Mar 16, 2017 Dracena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New season, new protagonists. Keeping it fresh and interessting everytime. With the new prophesy of the three cats who will safe everything we are in for a treat. But WHY IS EVERYTHING ALWAYS A SECRET?!?
The girl who cried fox
I couldn't put this down. It was just so engaging. I mean at one point I almost crashed into a wall while reading it :p
ShimmerSaysMeow
Jan 24, 2017 ShimmerSaysMeow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Great book! I've read it twice, and it's been interesting both times I've read it!
Daniel
Nov 21, 2016 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like how the author added another character to play the role as the bad guy. I enjoyed the book. It wasn't 5 star quality though.
Colleen Mertens
This book continues the series and brings an old enemy back to the series. The young cats are now looking on their prophecy & learning what does & doesn't really help them with that prophecy. This book moves the cats forward on their journey & involves some hard lessons on what to do.
Lucas Madsen
Oct 12, 2016 Lucas Madsen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book continues the adventures of Jay-paw, Holly-pay, and Lion-paw. It focuses on the desires of Lion-paw and Holly-paw, and there is a great battle, which is stopped dead when something completely unexpected happens... The three apprentices long to be warriors, and when you read thus book, you realize they already deserve it.
Julie
Mar 19, 2015 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the story, I like these books, I want to know what happens but sometimes I feel that the authors are really not keeping the consistency the way they should. They sacrifice for the sake of the story. The same cats will act in different ways, the character of a clan, even with the same leader, will suddenly change. And seriously, mustn't Tallstar be rolling over in his grave? He chose Onestar as leader to be friends with Firestar, Jake's son, not enemies! *sigh*

(view spoiler)
TheGracefulReader
*Review coming as soon as I find my review notebook, which is currently missing.*
lukk
После очередного перерыва в котовоенной эпопее я снова взялась за третий цикл про Огнезвездовых внуков. Если судить по прошлым циклам, четвертая книга всегда «проходная», ничего особенного от нее можно не ждать, но «Затмение», к счастью, не соответствует вышеуказанной характеристике.

Из нововведений — Сол, кот-одиночка, знающий все и вся про племена, сеящий вокруг себя семена неверия в Звездное племя. Пожалуй, я впервые посмотрела на веру котов в Воинский Закон и Звездных предков как на религию.
Madison
Sep 02, 2008 Madison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: WARRIORS FANS!!
Shelves: big-series
I can't wait to see what will happen next!!!!! My friend (Who also is obsessed with Warriors) and I have been discussing predictions for this book for weeks, especially about Crowfeather, Leafpool, and the kits. Hopefully, this book will confirm those predictions! This is one of the only good things happening in September-- I hope it doesn't let me down!

Wow. That's all I can say, and I don't real mean it in a good way. I could have predicted all year and would never, ever, EVER have predict
Lionpaw Hollypaw and Jaypaw? 9 16 Oct 03, 2014 11:20PM
Warrior Cats! (Meow): Eclipse 1 1 Aug 23, 2013 05:40PM
WOW 29 46 Nov 13, 2012 05:27PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Eclipse [#4] 7 6 Oct 02, 2012 07:56PM
  • The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #8)
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
  • Wolf at the Window (Animal Ark Hauntings, #7)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: Power of Three (6 books)
  • The Sight (Warriors: Power of Three, #1)
  • Dark River (Warriors: Power of Three, #2)
  • Outcast (Warriors: Power of Three, #3)
  • Long Shadows (Warriors: Power of Three, #5)
  • Sunrise (Warriors: Power of Three, #6)

“I'm not going to get myself hurt." I'm too important to let that happen.
~Jaypaw”
226 likes
“Truth is a powerful weapon ... We must be careful how we use it." (Quote by Spottedleaf, page 5)” 63 likes