Start by marking “Miss Delacourt Has Her Day” as Want to Read:
Miss Delacourt Has Her Day

Miss Delacourt Has Her Day (Miss Delacourt #2)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Ginny Delacourt felt the course of true love could not have run
smoother. After all, it required only a fortnight, a pair of
highwaymen, a pox quarantine, a sham betrothal, and a
masquerade ball to bring Sir Anthony up to snuff. When her
beloved suddenly becomes the heir to his uncle, the Duke of
Marcross, protocol dictates that he drop the "Sir" from his
name. It's his un
Published 2011 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Miss Delacourt Has Her Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Delacourt Has Her Day

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenEdenbrooke by Julianne DonaldsonPersuasion by Jane AustenSense and Sensibility by Jane AustenNorthanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Clean Regency (or around then) Romance Novels
64th out of 316 books — 264 voters
Edenbrooke by Julianne DonaldsonBlackmoore by Julianne DonaldsonSeeking Persephone by Sarah M. EdenThe List by Melanie JacobsonDrops of Gold by Sarah M. Eden
LDS Romance
93rd out of 262 books — 155 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie Watkins
I love a good regency romance. This sequel picks up right where the previous book left off. Ginny and Sir Anthony are ready to announce their upcoming marriage when he becomes a titled man. His uncle doesn't believe that Ginny is duchess material and he requires Anthony to perform three almost impossible tasks before he can marry her. Meanwhile, Ginny is struggling to find balance in becoming the kind of person she is and one whom she thinks she should be.

Fun characters in a fun setting.
Rebecca Irvine
A few years ago I read Heidi Ashworth's regency romance Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind (see my review here) and fell in love with the two main characters, Ginny Delacourt and Sir Anthony. I had honestly thought Ashworth had set the book up for a possible sequel, and made mention of this in a comment on her blog, only to learn that was not the case. But Heidi was intrigued by the idea and set to work on what is now affectionately known as MD2 (for Miss Delacout 2). Well, finally, that dream has c ...more
Rachel Cotterill
Miss Delacourt Has Her Day is a sweet historical romance set mostly in London during the Regency period. I have to confess I was a teensy bit nervous of reading a book set in England, written by an American author, but with hindsight I realise that was silly - I haven't been to this London any more than Heidi has.

On the other hand, how much has changed? In the year when Britain will watch an heir to the throne marry a girl that the newspapers politely refer to as "a commoner," there's something
Soph
This was AMAZING!! I probably prefer the first one, because it is all about the courtship of the lovely Sir Anthony and Ginny, this sequel is still wonderful and a great read!!
With some of the original characters making another appearance, as well as some unwelcome new additions, it all adds to making this a Wonderful book with an interesting story!!

When Sir Anthony's Uncle, the Duke of Marcross, hears of his sons attachment to a certain Miss Delacourt, he calls Anthony to him as he is not the
Braden Bell
I admired Heidi's research. The world she created felt real and dimensional to me, and she balanced description with moving the plot along in an admirable way. That is difficult to do.

The book was funny. I laughed out loud in several places--something I love doing but that very rarely happens. Heidi's very dry humor sparkles through.

I also enjoyed the plot. It was clever and inventive. Because I don't read a lot of romance, Regency or otherwise, I am not an expert. But my guess is that this pl
Pat
First, you have to know...I was a hard core Nancy Drew fan in my childhood and graduated to Agatha Christie and other sleuths for my adult reading escapism(no "romance"novels for me!)....and although I was an English major (and teacher)...I just never fell in love with Jane Austin(I was more into the Brontes)
...in fact when we read P & P for book club last year, I listened to the Audible version (although I bought the annotated book and loved reading the footnotes!)...and after about three
Lara
What girl doesn't love curling up with a good Jane Austen? Okay, so I know a few who haven't discovered just how wonderful that can be, but I know a good portion of you will totally understand my love for Austen and my need to re-read all her novels every few years.

That said, I can't say that I have ever in my life read a Regency Romance by any other author. In fact, I can't even say that I knew such books existed! And then, one of my very favorite bloggists in all of Blogdania, Heidi Ashworth,
Terresa
What does a carriage race, boxing match, and balloon ride have in common? They all take place in Heidi Ashworth's Miss Delacourt Has Her Day.

Although it took me disastrously long to read (however slim, clocking in at 186 pages), I blame life and its frequent interruptions, not any lack on Ashworth's part, for the story contained plenty of fizz and pop.

For quotable quotes, Delacourt did not disappoint:

"Crenshaw's do nothing by halves . . ." (p. 10)

“However, where there are horses, there are fli
Jacquelyn
What if "Happily Ever After" took a little detour? Due to circumstances beyond their control, the attachment between Miss Delacourt and her hero has been deemed unsuitable. Can wit and charm support these two delightful characters through this difficult challenge? Never fear! The handsome suitor, formerly known as Sir Anthony, has been given a series of tasks to complete in order to win his bride. Despite the machinations of those around them, our star-crossed lovers remain true...and thank heav ...more
Melinda
I really loved this! I so enjoyed the first book and the second is just as enjoyable! Anthony is so sweet and you just love him for how he loves Ginny! I do hate in any book when there are a bunch of problems based off of miscommunication, and that happens quite a lot here. But it's done in a believable albeit frustrating way! Haha (this is obviously a personal thing, I just hate it when bad things happen because people aren't willing to tell each other how they feel!) :) Fun, light, sweet. Good ...more
Brenda
Heidi Ashworth has done it again. I loved revisiting Regency England and old friends Sir Anthony and Ginny. Sir Anthony is unhappy to learn he is next in line to inherit the title and Ginny isn't quite what the family is looking for as his bride. Anthony has to jump through hoops to have the chance of marrying his recently betrothed. I was transported to England, back through time, and laughed out loud. The romance was sweet, fun, and kept a smile on my face until the last page:)
Jami
In general, I'm against sequels in romance. Most characters just do not have the oomph to make it through a sequel credibly. Miss Delacourt and Sir Anthony do. Grandaunt Regina and Lucinda do. Miss Delacourt Has Her Day maintains the Ashworth sparkle without taking itself too seriously. It's filled with fun and romance and longing and doubts and clothes and banter and obnoxious relatives and sweet resolution. I love this book.
Wanda Luce
In Miss Delacourt Has Her Day those who were sorry to see Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind end get a double dose of Regency-era romance. Heidi Ashworth has a finely-honed skill in writing the language of Regency England, and no less of a talent for imbuing her stories with wit and attention to detail. The romance between Lord Crenshaw and Miss Dealcourt sparkles at every turn. I look forward to reading more my this author.
LuAnn
A wonderfully told Regency. I loved the characters and the twists in the plot were quite fun. There was only one detail I questioned: why have Caesar in his Rome, yet put Romeo & Juliet in Venice when in fact they resided in Verona, as any student of the play will know. The only glaring error I saw. I hope to go back to read the earlier book from this author. Highly recommend.
Alana
Mar 12, 2011 Alana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
i really enjoyed the story. loved the three tasks and how anthony end up accomplishing them. one thing i didn't really care for was how weepy ginny and granaunt were in the beginning. it just didn't seem to fit their personalities. that aside, conti and anthony's interactions were halrious. lady derby was a great 'i love to hate' character. can't wait for another story!
Heather
It's not often I read a sequel and want to go back and read the first book. This is the case with Miss Delacourt Has Her Day, although Ashworth did a great job of dropping in just enough information so the reader knows how Anthony & Ginny got together in the first place.

The secondary characters were well-done, especially Lord Avery and Lucinda--they were a riot.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Miss Delacourt has found true love, but will she still get her happily ever after? There are several individuals who are determined that she not, including the soon-to-be mother-in-law, uncle, and a former love.

This was an enjoyable sequel. The banter is still rather humorous and witty, which is why these books are so enjoyable. Also a clean read.
Jen
I rarely enjoy sequels to books because I always end up disappointed. This book was just as great as the first book. The characters were like old friends I had missed. I was sad when the book ended. Not because of the ending but because I didn't want the story to end!
Shannon
I immensely enjoyed this sequel to "Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind". If you haven't read that one, I highly recommend it as well. I loved the cover on the book - so beautiful. I read on a long road trip and enjoyed spending "time" with the characters again.
Mary
Just as good as the first book in the series. Anthony and Ginny overcome all manner of obstacles on the way to their wedding. Will there be a third book?
Lisa
Great book! I was so excited when Heidi came out with this book. I enjoyed the characters and loved the story line.
Emily
This book put me in mind of Georgette Heyer, shorter but still had the fun antics and delightful ending!
Sheila
I liked this second book better than the first. A good, quick, fast read.
Wendy Woehl
This was a fun read. I liked it even better than the first book!
Janelle
The perfect book for all you Royal Wedding enthusiasts.
Qnpoohbear
Having returned to London, Sir Anthony and Miss Delacourt are eagerly planning a small, intimate wedding in the rose garden at Ginny's Grandaunt Regina's home in the country. Ginny is trying her hardest to become a proper lady while Anthony misses his shrew. Then Sir Anthony receives a letter from his uncle, a Duke, stating Anthony's cousin has died and Anthony is now the heir. Dismayed, Anthony rushes to his uncle's bedside where his uncle proceeds to harangue Anthony about his choice of bride. ...more
Julie
I am a big Jane Austen fan and I love the way this author's style is so reminiscent of hers. This is a historical romance through and through, but it does have a bit of adventure to it, in the fact that our hero Anthony is called upon to really work for the woman he loves.

When I picked up this book I didn't realize that it is a sequel to Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind. If I had known that I probably would have read that one first, since I think that the reading experience I had with Miss Delacou
Amy
This short sequel felt like an overly long epilogue. Then, the hoped for ending was glossed over as a snippet from a newspaper ad. Just read the first one and imagine their happy ending, you'll have to anyway. Clean regency romance, no violence, no swearing.
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Miss Delacourt Has Her Day is a good novel that contains characters from a previous story. I was slightly lost at times, especially when the tale lead towards the previous storyline. Ms. Ashworth’s writing style has a Jane Austin feel about it. I really liked how the moral of the story was encased throughout the pages as Ginny struggled to fit into what everyone thought a true Duchess would act like as she fought against her very nature. This is a steady historical romance that has spots of witt ...more
R Luker
This book wasn't quite as silly as the first one, and there were less annoying appearances from some of the secondary characters. I liked that there was more interaction between the romantic leads, but Ginny cried way too often in this book. It became annoying. Anthony proved to be truly in love and the reasons why were a bit more obvious in this book compared to the first.
  • Lord Deverill's Secret
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Winter Collection
  • Lydia
  • The Fortune Hunter (Lord Rival, #2)
  • Loyalty's Web
  • Susanna and the Spy
  • Letters At Christmas (Men Of Fortune, #1)
  • Rescuing Rosalind
  • The Guise of a Gentleman
  • Charlotte
  • Captive Heart
  • Dearly Departed (Secret Sisters Mystery #2)
  • Capital Bride
  • Libby's London Merchant (Nesbitt, #1)
  • Beauty and The Highlander
  • The Blackmailed Bride
  • Dark Persuasion
Heidi Ashworth is a stay at home mom who loves to be with her family, garden, read and write. Visit her author website at www.heidiashworth.com or her blog www.heidiashworth.blogspot.com

You can become a fan of Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind on facebook.

Become friends with Heidi Ashworth Author on Facebook!

The sequel to Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind comes out via Avalon Books in February 2011.
More about Heidi Ashworth...
Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind (Avalon Romance) Lord Haversham Takes Command Lady Crenshaw's Christmas The Lord Who Sneered and Other Tales: A Regency Holiday Anthology Miss Armistead Makes Her Choice