Start by marking “Mouse and Mole, a Winter Wonderland” as Want to Read:
Mouse and Mole, a Winter Wonderland

Mouse and Mole, a Winter Wonderland (Wong Herbert Yee's Mouse and Mole)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  28 reviews
But Mole does not want to go outside. Too cold! Too windy! He prefers to stay as snug "as a bug in a rug" inside his nice, warm bed.
Mouse is lonely. Ice skating and sledding just aren't as fun for one. Then she gets an idea...a Sn
Published November 15th 2010 by Harcourt Brace and Company

To ask other readers questions about Mouse and Mole, a Winter Wonderland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mouse and Mole, a Winter Wonderland

Sarah W
I first encountered Mouse and Mole when student teaching in an elementary school library in Fall 2010. I was pleased to see A Winter Wonderland arrive at the school I now work at. The artwork is sweet and makes this friendship really come alive in these four short chapters. This book will appeal to fans of other readers starring animal friends, such as Frog and Toad

The book begins with Mouse bundling up for a warm day outside. Children will enjoy the sound effects and enthusiasm as she gets read
Beth
Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland reminded me so much of Frog and Toad All Year that it made me smile. Mouse and Mole are such good friends but come winter Mole wants to sleep. Mouse has plans for the day, sledding, skating, and throwing snowballs. She become lonely and builds a sno-mole. Mole peeks out the window and becomes jealous. This story teaches us a lesson about friendship and what it means to be a good friend. This book like Frog and Toad is part of a series.
realistic/fantasy talking
Rosa Cline
A fun 'friend' book... Mouse is excited about the snow that has fallen and wants to go out and play. Mole on the other hand is cold and sleepy and wants to stay in bed. Mouse goes out with out him and trys to have fun by herself. But She still misses Mole so she makes a snowman or snow mole and then as Mole looks out his window he sees someone with Mouse! So he gets excited and has to 'rescue' her he puts on all his winter clothes but some is missing! When he gets outside he finds a nice surpris ...more
Christine Turner
Yippee! It is a winter wonderland! What better day for Mouse and Mole to go sledding, whirl around on ice skates, and build snowmen together? But Mole does not want to go outside. Too cold! Too windy! He prefers to stay as snug as a bug in a rug inside his nice, warm bed. Mouse is lonely. Ice skating and sledding just aren't as fun for one. Then she gets an idea…a Sno-Mole might do the trick! Mole won't be needing his hat or scarf or mittens…or will he? Sometimes even best friends want to do dif ...more
Kristine Pratt
Mouse and Mole are very different sometimes, with very different interests. How they find ways to be themselves, and also to respect and include each other in activities is wonderful. Well thought out book, perfectly executed for beginning readers. I love this series and would highly recommend it.
Vance Allen
This book was mighty cool. I can not imagine being a mouse or a mole so the author is very creative. The beautiful snow illustration and the sneaky addition of difficult words makes this the perfect book for an emerging reader. The plot could get a little thicker but I enjoyed reading this as an adult.

I think the author could have done more character development and gave our characters predictable behaviors. The story lines often seemed connected among the theme of winter but this is is. I think
Becky Anderson
For the toddlers. This is the best of the M-M so-far (slightly clearer writing than the first one). I love following these two friends through their adventures and growth.
Elanor
All by herself!
Reader
Mouse and Mole are best friends, but they couldn't see winter more differently. While Mouse can't wait to get Mole so they can go skating and sledding, Mole would rather stay in his nice, cozy bed and sleep. Mouse builds a Sno-mole, but it's not quite the same as having a real friend to play with. And Mole realizes warm and cozy inside is a little bit lonely without Mouse. The short , humorous chapters and appealing illustrations in this edition of Mouse and Mole are perfect for new readers. ~sj
Jen
This story was charming! I loved the friendship between Mouse and Mole. I thought it cute that Mouse was thrilled with the snow outside and Mole wanted to stay inside where he was warm. And I really loved that Mole braved the cold to rescue his best friend from the "stranger danger." :)
Stacy Ford
Mouse sees the newly fallen snow as exciting and cannot wait to go play with his friend Mole. However, Mole would rather snuggle under the covers and sleep the day away. Undeterred, Mouse makes a "Snow-Mole" and has a fun day of his own. Upon waking Mole sees his replica Snow Mole and becomes jealous. After layering on clothes for the day he heads out to play with Mouse.
Dolly
Nov 19, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Shelves: 2011, childrens
This is a fun tale for the wintertime, featuring pals Mouse and Mole. The story is broken up into short chapters and with colorful illustrations, it's great for young children who are just starting to read chapter books. We enjoyed reading this story together.
Aileen Stewart
Mouse and Mole A Winter Wonderland is slightly reminiscent of the wonderful Frog and Toad books. I found this book a great friendship book and a wonderful beginning chapter book for eager readers, and the short chapters kept me wondering just how the story would end.
Donalyn
Best friends, Mouse and Mole view the winter weather differently. Mouse loves to skate and build snowmen, while Mole prefers to stay warm in bed. Eventually, they discover that what they enjoy most is each other's company.
Esther May
I am inspired by the different snow people that were made in this book. I am looking forward to our first snow so that we can go make some snow creatures. I love Mouse and Mole.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
There is Elephant & Piggie, Frog & Toad, and Mouse & Mole. If Early Readers had a top 3 best friends category then Mouse & Mole would end up on the list.

Janet
I love these two little characters and their easy quiet friendship. The language in this title is very expressive.
Tamara the Librarian
Very cute story. Great use of onomatopoeia. Lots of exclamation points.
B
Reminds me of those days when I loved playing in the snow. Kids will enjoy.
Sherry
Good story, same good friendship theme, great illustrations.
Candida
Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Award Winner
Lynn
Perfectly executed and adorable!
Amy
Easy early chapter book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Dodsworth in Rome
  • Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same!
  • Penny and Her Song
  • Pearl and Wagner: One Funny Day
  • Zelda And Ivy
  • Houndsley and Catina (Houndsley and Catina, #1)
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • Poppleton
  • Partners (Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa)
  • The Big Fat Cow That Goes Kapow
  • Rabbit and Robot: The Sleepover
  • Pinch and Dash Make Soup
  • Ugly Pie
  • Max Spaniel: Funny Lunch

Wong Herbert Yee's Mouse and Mole (7 books)
  • Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole
  • Abracadabra! Magic with Mouse and Mole
  • A Brand-New Day with Mouse and Mole
  • Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends
  • Mouse and Mole, A Perfect Halloween
  • Mouse and Mole, Secret Valentine
Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole Fireman Small Who Likes Rain? Tracks in the Snow