Body After Baby: A Simple, Healthy Plan to Lose Your Baby Weight Fast

Body After Baby: A Simple, Healthy Plan to Lose Your Baby Weight Fast

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Getting back into shape can help mothers of newborns feel good about themselves after pregnancy-and give them the energy they need to get through their busy days. In Body After Baby, Jackie Keller, a celebrity nutrition and health coach and the founder of NutriFit, offers a simple eating and workout program guaranteed to help every mom lose the extra weight after her baby...more
Published May 4th 2006 by Avery

Tammy
I would have rated it 2 stars because I disagree with a lot of the nutritional information that is given here, and I hated the fact that she name dropped every 2 seconds (really, I could care less if this is "Mrs. Martin Lawrence's favorite dish). BUT the recipes look fantastic, and I like the shopping list in the back if for no other reason that it gives me a great starting point for my post-baby shopping. So it gets 3, begrudgingly.
Krissy Obermark
The meal plans are not vegetarian, and so needed some tweaking anyway. The recipes seemed very picky and I used it more as a guide to calories and nutritional needs while breastfeeding. It's helped and after roughly 20 days following it I've given it up, because I now can go through my day making better snack choices naturally (snacking is my major problem). So instead of grabbing a granola bar, I grab a handful of pistachios and an orange. As for the movements, I didn't find them challenging en...more
Kristen Tucker
Was recommended to me by a dear friend. Love it! Much more whole foods approach to diet and focuses much on eating correctly for you and your baby (most of her guide diet is based on nursing, but does provide modifications if you are not).
Jackie is a well known nutrionist for many actors/spot light people. I really enjoyed her menus, diet ideas, and beginning exercises for working on getting back to your pre-baby body......and the reminders that it takes time (I often need those reminders).
Heather
Mainly for the great, easy recipes...
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2013
Kimmi
Kimmi added it
Jul 09, 2013
Suparna
Suparna marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Allanna
Allanna marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
Kerri
Kerri added it
Aug 13, 2011
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2011
Hanouf
Hanouf marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2010
Angela Alcorn
Angela Alcorn marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2009
Body After Baby: The Simple 30-Day Plan to Lose Your Baby Weight Body After Baby: A Simple, Healthy Plan to Lose Your Baby Weight Fast