Start by marking “A Knight to Remember: Good Knights #2” as Want to Read:
A Knight to Remember: Good Knights #2

A Knight to Remember: Good Knights #2 (Knight #2)

She cannot risk ruin . . .

Once the Duchess of Cleere, Lady Edlyn is now a widow. After suffering a humiliating scandal, she is forced to take refuge in an abbey, where she uses her skills as an herbalist to heal injured soldiers. When she's asked to tend to the wounds of a knight who's in hiding, she's shocked to discover he is none other than Hugh de Florisoun—the man sh
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published April 3rd 1996)

To ask other readers questions about A Knight to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Knight to Remember

Cherie
Oct 21, 2016 Cherie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Knight to Remember is a book I'll remember. This is the second in the series and what a wild ride it was. Edlyn is the heroine whom we met in Once A Knight where she was being fostered by the heroine. The hero, Hugh, was also in that book being fostered as a knight. She was a girl of 17 and in love with him but he hardly noticed her. She was sent to a Duke of very advanced age and A Knight to Remember picks up her story.

She has been widowed twice, the Duke was old and died of natural causes an
Stacie
Oct 31, 2007 Stacie added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance
This was the second book to the Knight series from this author. It was a quick read and I enjoyed it. The woman is strong and can take care of herself. I love her strength and the humor that the story has in it. I also liked how the hero was able to be a man and realise that the heroine could take care of herself even when it made her look smarter.
Desi
Feb 06, 2015 Desi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I miss the days when medievals were popular. They are fantastic when done right. A few unlikely outcomes here and there in the book, but overall a great journey into another era. Very good world building by Dodd.
Shadow
Not a great novel for Dodd. The romance is flat and the story boring. The characters weren't all that likable and there was a bit of jerkiness in the pacing. More could be said, but basically this is a dime a dozen historical romance. Read it if it's free, but don't bother seeking it out.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jun 27, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2010
I adore Christina Dodd's heroines. This one knows the trick to circumventing the actions of the men with all the power in order to achieve secure results, and ends up saving the day more than once.

A fun story, though with several glaring anachronisms that threw me off.
Emily
Nov 05, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult Women
Recommended to Emily by: Lisa Kleypas
I downloaded an ebook format from Amazon after seeing a post post by author Lisa Kleypas on Facebook to read this Historical Romance by Christina Dodd. It was on sale for $0.99. I'm a huge fan of Lisa Kleypas, so when she recommends a book, I listen.

I very much enjoyed A Knight to Remember. I would have given the book 5 stars if the misspellings and grammatical errors weren't so distracting. I'm not sure if the errors were there because of the ebook format, or if the physical copy has those sam
_inbetween_
Dodd is my anti-Hunter, undoing much of that sickening subjogation "romance" with the novels I've read so far. I still haven't compared who wrote which story when/first, but when they start with similar plots, Dodd has a genuinely resourceful woman get together with a man who has to change (his views) for them to reach a happy end, not for her to accept submission and possession as the natural and right way and be compensated by sex whenever he wants to. Yet oddly enough I see reviews for Dodd c ...more
Lori Anderson
Oh for Pete's sake. I got this thinking it would be along the lines of some other historical fiction but it was a bit more of a Harlequin bodice-ripper type of book. I never even saw the cover as it was a Kindle buy and if I'd seen the cover, I might have known a little better.

That being said, it was the BEST of that genre I've read. More plot, good romance writing, but not one to stay on my mind for very long. I kept finding myself saying, "that wouldn't really happen" and "men in that era woul
michelle
Nov 05, 2013 michelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
This is on my DNF shelf. I couldn't get past how arrogant Hugh is. And I understand that he had the mindset of men of that time. That doesn't mean I enjoy reading him belittling and making decisions for the heroine (a HUGE pet peeve of mine in books, that type of alpha male is NOT sexy to me!).
I felt that the narrative was choppy and the writing was subpar--especially for Chritina Dodd. I usually start reading her novevls and just speed through them. This one I kept rolling my eyes at the chees
Jill
I really liked Christina Dodd's historicals in the 90s and I bought this on sale, hoping I'd like it. And I think if I read it twenty years ago, I probably would have liked it.

It wasn't terrible or horrifying, but the hero felt a bit too coercive for my taste (but nothing out of the norm for when it was written) and the heroine too much of a doormat.

If it had felt really special, I would have pushed through my qualms and kept reading, but it felt like a more of an average read, so for now this
Jamie DeBree
Aug 22, 2013 Jamie DeBree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This historical romance involves a few unique twists to the budding relationship that I found refreshing and fascinating at the same time. It also explored something I don't often see explored in historicals involving knights and their women, which is a juxtaposition of the male need to conquer vs the female tendency to worry, and how those perspectives color (or might have colored) *everything*, really. Excellent romance, but also just an excellent exploration of human philosophy and character. ...more
Shea
I had high hopes for this book because I enjoyed the first one so much and the main female character in this book is an herbalist. I would have liked to read more about Edlyn's work in the Abbey's dispensary. Also, I would have enjoyed more story surrounding her sons. The love story was not as compelling between Hugh and Edlyn as it could have been. It was still a fun read but I was disappointed, especially since there was never an update on David of Radcliffe and his family.
Mara
Oct 22, 2012 Mara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
On offer at 0.99. I haven't read historical romance in a while, as they're not my cup of tea. But I admit this made me smile.
I liked the heroine, even if the men in the book were particularly dense. :)

Note that there were many editing and proofreading errors.
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Jan 31, 2011 Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone looking for a lightheard romance with a bit of silliness
Shelves: three-star-books
This book disappointed me. I thought I was going to read a serious book, which turned out to be a lightweight, a bit on the silly side, novel. Good for a lighthearted read, but not what I was hoping for, a good deep serious romance. Oh, well...
Melanie
I love how women of old (a 13th Century one here) taught their men that most ladies deserved to be more than chattel to their husbands! A novelist who is good at dialogue (especially humorous dialogue) is also appreciated.
Kim~Fantasy~
Dec 09, 2011 Kim~Fantasy~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ok this was good...Hugh drove me a bit crazy, but i really think they got it together there in the end. I really liked Richards character and hopfully there will be a book with him getting his own lady. Christina Dodd is very good at her romance!
Christyn
A pretty standard romance novel, with some high points. I do love the strong female character, who has a mind of her own and constantly challenges the male lead character by coming up with unique solutions to problems they encounter.
Tressa
Nov 09, 2014 Tressa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A Knight to Remember was humorous and enjoyable. It was a bit over-the-top regarding Edlyn and Hugh, but it suited them because they were bigger than life. I did like the inclusion of the reality of that time, but I’m always amazed at the disregard for life.
SBC
An interesting historical romance with likable characters and an admirable effort to capture the mindset and mores of the middle age (without bogging us down in historical detail). I enjoyed the plot and characters.
Teri Heyer
Nov 06, 2012 Teri Heyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a good romance.
Recommended to Teri by: Amazon/Kindle
I just finished reading 'A Knight to Remember' and loved it. This is a fast-paced, action-packed read with a stubborn knight, a headstrong heroine and just the right amount of romance. Christina Dodd never disappoints. This is a book I'm sure you'll enjoy.
Andita
Aug 21, 2016 Andita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this...

Story with it's passionate characters. The female was feisty and the male was stubborn. This always makes sparks. I enjoy Dodd's writing and am looking forward to more.
Hmr28
Feb 06, 2012 Hmr28 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Dodd's older books (her newer ones too but the oldies are the goodies!) This book has great characters, and interesting (not too overdone) plot and a wonderful HEA. A keeper I've read over and over.
Rachel
Nov 24, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good story. I like the whole he wants her to love him, she don't wanna. Even though she does. And then goes to fight at the end, and she finally admits she loves him.
Maqluba
Jan 08, 2013 Maqluba marked it as dropped  ·  review of another edition
I was in the mood for a knight-hero book but I couldn't get into this one for some reason- I don't know if its me or the story.. Maybe ill pick it up again some other time..
SanO
An absolute bore. I wanted to quit reading this so many times, but forced myself to finish just because I had already bought this. Save your time and just skip this.
Carolyne
Nov 05, 2014 Carolyne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story lacks a fair bit of believability when Edlyn embarrasses her husband time and again in front of his men and other nobles and he does nothing about it.
Marcris
Sep 17, 2012 Marcris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romanzi, e-books
Le stelline sono in realta' 3 e mezzo, i personaggi sono simpatici, ma certe parti dello svolgimento della trama mi sembrano piu' inverosimili del solito.
AsilVee
AsilVee rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Trista Burton
Trista Burton rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
  • The Warrior
  • Stealing Heaven (Medieval #3)
  • My Lord's Desire (King John, #1)
  • The Warrior's Touch
  • One Night With a Rogue
  • Alinor (The Roselynde Chronicles, #2)
  • The Conqueror
  • Wedding for a Knight (MacLean, #3)
  • Viking Warrior
  • Forbidden (Medieval Series #2)
  • Surrender Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #3)
  • The Angel and the Prince
  • The Warlord (Montagues, #1)
  • A Knight's Reward (Knight's, #2)
  • Tempt Me (Langley Family Trilogy, #2)
  • Love According to Lily (American Heiresses, #4)
New in 2017:
— THE WOMAN WHO COULDN'T SCREAM: Virtue Falls Full-length Suspense #4 Sept. 5, 2017 in hardcover and ebook
Now out!
-- BECAUSE I'M WATCHING: Virtue Falls Full-length Suspense #3 (2016 Amazon Best of Romance, #1 Amazon Romance of September, Kirkus starred review, Booklist starred review and Best of 2016, Library Journal starred review, RT Book Rev
More about Christina Dodd...

Knight (2 books)
  • Once a Knight (Knight, #1)