Start by marking “Ghost Force (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #9)” as Want to Read:
Ghost Force (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #9)

Ghost Force (Admiral Arnold Morgan #9)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  24 reviews
The year is 2011.

An oil-hungry world is starving . . .

. . . and Argentina, with Russia's help, is determined to brutally wrest the petroleum-rich Falkland Islands from British hands. Enraged over this brazen act of international piracy, Great Britain dispatches a battle fleet to the islands for the second time in thirty years—unaware that Viper K-157, a lethal Russian Aku
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Force

Mark
This book had too many coincidences that it just got boring. Also the beginning of the book had almost nothing to do with the end of the book. I have a problem that I must finish every book that I start, so this is one that I was racing to finish....
Galen Johnson
Alright, in addition to not really liking thrillers involving aliens, I apparently am not big on naval warfare thrillers either. (Again, when you are on an island in Northern Germany with little access to English books, you will try anything.) This book takes place in the (near) future, and Russia, fearful of losing its easy access to Siberian oil as the Siberians are getting restless, teams up with Argentina to take over the Falkland Islands from Great Britain. Great Britain's WEAK, LIBERAL pri ...more
Gerald
This was an EXTREMELY entertaining and very well-written novel. It just misses my ALL-TIME FAVORTIES List by a hair. Patrick Robinson, a very gifted storyteller, sets up a highly plausible scenario in which Argentina invades the British Falkland Islands and South Georgia for the second time in 30 years, following the discovery of huge oil and gas fields there. Enormous investments have been in these discoveries by Exxon-Mobil and British Petroleum. Argentina appears to be so confident they will ...more
Henri Moreaux
If you believe in reducing military spending and reducing sovereign nations defense and offense capability will result in the countries of the world holding hands and singing 'Kum ba yah' then this book probably won't sit comfortably with your world view.

The story mainly revolves around the reduction in British military capability, specifically the retirement of the British Aerospace Sea Harrier FA2 (which actually in 2006 despite their being no replacement until 2012, which has now been pushed
Jeff
If I had to choose one phrase to describe this author it would be self-righteous. Now don’t get me wrong, the author was good at setting a very thrilling pace and it was a very exciting story. However, this author has a very naive view of the world and comes across as a southern good-ol-boy. I found his writing extremely xenophobic and although I concede that this was a very exciting adventure, this book really offered nothing that would make this book a great or even a good book.
Nick Brett
This really is awful and the author's books continue their downward spiral in quality.
This tries to be a Tom Clancy style global power thriller, the theme here being the retaking of the Falklands by Argentina. The British reaction does not go well and it takes the brilliance of the US to sort things out.
It is badly written and incredibly right wing. The author uses the book as a political platform to attack the Labour Government that was in office at the time of writing, but it is so badly done
Geni
I finally found an espionage thriller I didn't like. You don't meet a character you care about until 2/3 through the book, and the illogical plot twists are ridiculous even for this genre full of absurd stories. The author's political agenda and mine don't mesh at all, so that was the deal breaker. What a sad way to end a year of reading.
Robert Brokenmouth
Took a long time to get moving, weak characters relying on previous books (a problem Clancy had) and had quite a few facts wrong. Hell, if I can spot 'em... I think I'll have a look at his first books, but I would hope there's some improvement, 'cause there's some rave reviews on the back.
Paul Cheney
Bob
Actually it was a paper back edition. Argentina with the prompting and be behind the scenes of Russia retake the Falkland islands and grab the newly discovered oil and gas fields being developed by Exxon and BP. Britain sends out a underfunded and under equipped force to retake the islands, but because of cutbacks in funding they are not able to retake the islands and suffer a humiliating defeat and surrender. One SAS team is still on the island and are hiding out while making for the coast to f ...more
Bill Donhiser
A great Thriller well worth the time. looking forward to many more from Patrick Robinson
Mcurry336
This is the second Admiral Morgan novel I've read and he is a great character. Robinson's writing of Morgan's interactions with characters in the Intelligence Community, the Navy and the White House make this book. The basis of the story is also very interesting and Robinson explains in the forward that the hypothesis is all his, not drawn from his military sources. Very entertaining read.
Ryan
Just finished this one last night. It's right in the vein of other Patrick Robinson books - Nave SEALs kicking butt in foreign lands. An interesting scenario for how a weakened British military would fare in a naval conflict. It's an "action movie" book, so not a lot of deep thinking required - just a fun, somewhat predictable ride.
JoAnn Ainsworth
The amount of detail about weapons and ships was not my cup of tea, but when I got past that to the story line, I liked it.
Justin
An entertaining book, but fairly predictable. The Admiral Morgan storylines are running thin on believability.
shay
it took me a while to get into this book, but once i did i really enjoyed it. interesting storyline and action.
Navajojim
This book sucks a big one. SO so so boring, damn, how about moving it the hell on already.
Tim
Longer than necessary, but still a good novel. I rate it 7 out of 10 stars
Melanie
Way too many technical terms, but besides that - good story!
Patrick
Not his best, but still a damn good read (listen).
Martyn
Very good, got more involved towards the end.
Clyde
Enjoyable as always.
Cj Price
Cj Price marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Robin smith
Robin smith marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
  • Warrior Class (Patrick McLanahan, #9)
  • Combat
  • Sea Strike (Amanda Garrett, #2)
  • Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)
  • SEAL Team Six Outcasts (SEAL Team Six Outcasts, #1)
  • The Renegades (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold, #3)
  • Bright Star (Scott Dixon, #2)
Patrick Robinson was a journalist for many years before becoming a full-time writer of books. His non-fiction books were bestsellers around the world and he was the co-author of Sandy Woodward's Falklands War memoir, One Hundred Days.
More about Patrick Robinson...

Admiral Arnold Morgan (10 books)
  • Nimitz Class (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #1)
  • Kilo Class (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #2)
  • H.M.S. Unseen (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #3)
  • U.S.S. Seawolf (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #4)
  • The Shark Mutiny (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #5)
  • Barracuda 945 (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #6)
  • Scimitar SL-2 (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #7)
  • Hunter Killer (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #8)
  • To The Death (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #10)
Nimitz Class (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #1) H.M.S. Unseen (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #3) Kilo Class (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #2) U.S.S. Seawolf (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #4) Barracuda 945 (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #6)