Start by marking “Wuthering Heights (Classics Illustrated, #14)” as Want to Read:
Wuthering Heights (Classics Illustrated, #14)

Wuthering Heights (Papercutz Classics Illustrated #14)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Emily Bronte’s romantic masterpiece established the quintessentially dark, brooding antihero in the form of the character Heathcliffe when first published. Heavily influenced by the poet Lord Byron, the beautiful flow of her words is matched by Rick Geary’s art in this comics adaptation. Fan favorite and award-winning artist and writer Rick Geary’s work was seen in Papercu ...more
Published September 13th 2011 by Papercutz (first published January 1st 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Wuthering Heights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wuthering Heights

Nicola Mansfield
This is the last book Geary contributed to this series. I read Wuthering Heights once when I was an impressionable young teenager and remember loving it; I'm not sure if I would feel the same today should I reread it now that this has brought back to the story to me. I love the Gothic brooding story set upon the Yorkshire Moors (from whence I originate), but the overdramatic, possessive love story irritates me somewhat like a Jane Austin romance. However Geary has done a wonderful job of adaptin ...more
Vanessa
I loved revisiting one of my favourites stories in this format.
Tessa
I read Wuthering Heights in 6th grade and understood none of it. So it was great to have this edition to fill me in on what I'd missed. Rick Geary does a fabulous adaptation to my eyes, but I guess I wouldn't know since I've really never read the original. But now I see where V.C. Andrews got her ideas.
Manjari
I don't think this should be considered an "edition" of the novel, since it's a 45-page summary/comic, but nevertheless, I read it when I was about 12 or 13, and really liked it a lot. I still haven't gotten around to reading the full novel, though.
Joy (Thoughts of Joy)
You can read my thoughts here. (3.5/5)
Debbi
Great condensed telling of this sad story. I've seen better graphics though.
Sarah Wiwchar
Sarah Wiwchar marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Nctejana
Nctejana marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Maria Victoria Sanchez
Maria Victoria Sanchez marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Crystal Johnson
Crystal Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Arianna Olson
Arianna Olson marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Nevey Badr
Nevey Badr marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Pete
Pete marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Janice
Janice added it
Apr 29, 2013
Austin
Austin added it
Mar 23, 2013
RICK GEARY was born in 1946 in Kansas City, Missouri and grew up in Wichita,
Kansas. He graduated from the University of Kansas in Lawrence, where his first cartoons were published in the University Daily Kansan. He worked as staff artist for two weekly papers in Wichita before moving to San Diego in 1975.

He began work in comics in 1977 and was for thirteen years a contributor to the Funny Pages of
More about Rick Geary...

Papercutz Classics Illustrated (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Great Expectations (Classic Illustrated)
  • The Invisible Man (Classic Illustrated)
  • Classics Illustrated #3: Through the Looking Glass
  • The Raven & Other Poems (Classics Illustrated Graphic Novel 4)
  • Classics Illustrated #5: Hamlet
  • The Scarlet Letter: Graphic Novel
  • Classics Illustrated #7: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • The Jungle
  • Classics Illustrated  Cyrano de Bergerac
The Borden Tragedy: A Memoir of the Infamous Double Murder at Fall River, Mass., 1892 (A Treasury of Victorian Murder) The Saga of the Bloody Benders The Beast of Chicago: An Account of the Life and Crimes of Herman W. Mudgett, Known to the World As H.H. Holmes Jack the Ripper: A Journal of the Whitechapel Murders 1888-1889 The Lindbergh Child (A Treasury of XXth Century Murder)