Start by marking “Book of Nathan” as Want to Read:
Book of Nathan

Book of Nathan

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Rick Bullock takes the road less traveled when he quits his job as an advertising executive to become director of a homeless shelter. Trading in a six-figure salary for paltry pay and even less respect? Costly. But helping oneman get back on his feet? Priceless.When Zeus, a mentally challenged gentle giant and longtime shelter resident, is arrested for murdering evangelist ...more
Published August 2nd 2010 by Oceanview Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Book of Nathan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Nathan

Patricia
A giant man called Zeus is arrested for the murder of Benjamin Kuros, a famous evangelist. Zeus is accused of beating Kuros to death with a wooden cross. People are protesting and wanting Zeus punished.

Rick Bullock is a former advertising executive who is now director of a homeless shelter. This homeless shelter is where Zeus has made his home. Rick is convinced that Zeus is just not capable of hurting anyone let alone beating someone to death with a cross.

Rick sets out to prove Zeus is innocent
Mary Chrapliwy
This book details the adventures of a good samaritan, Rick Bullock, the director of a homeless shelter and soup kitchen called the Gateway. One of his charges follows an inspirational speaker all the way to Orlando, Florida, only to be accused of that speaker's murder and imprisoned and awaiting trial. His defense is difficult because he doesn't speak intelligibly, except to one of his homeless friends. From there, an adventure begins, starting with a desire to clear his homeless friend for the ...more
Douglas Castagna
More of a mystery than anything metaphysical, Book of Nathan left me a bit disappointed. My wife recommended it to me, so I read it, and wanted there to be some other layers to the book, but as a mystery novel, it worked. The characters were well drawn though the narrative dragged at times. It was a decent read overall.
VJ
A murder mystery with a very unlikely cast of detectives and major players in the search for who killed an evangelist holding information that would either support or undermine pro-life efforts to push their agenda.

An innocent homeless man is jailed for the crime and the director of the shelter that he frequents tries to help free him with the assistance of a couple of his friends from the shelter. Because I do not want to give away the plot, suffice to say hijinks, attempted murder, extortion,
Barbara Ell
Received this book as a Good Reads First Read.

This was an interesting book which I enjoyed. Rick Bullock runs a homeless shelter in New Jersey. One of his clients, Zeus, happens to go to Orlando to follow his favorite evangelist. Zeus then is caught up in a murder, but no one can understand him and assume that he is guilty. Rick, with a small entourage of interesting folk, goes to Florida not sure whether Zeus is guilty or not.

A lot of humor is in the story, and shows both sides of pro-choice an
Michele
This is another book I started last summer, wasn't exactly sure where the story was going and just picked it up again. I must say, when I started reading it again, I still wasn't sure, but all of a sudden, the plot picked up and the story seemed to find it's groove and it turned out to be a great read. I'm not sure how to explain it....some mystery, some suspense, some faith, some romance and some just plain crazy characters....but all in all a good book. Will I read more books by this author? p ...more
Erin
I graciously received this book for free through a first reads giveaway.

This book's title and cover is deceiving. I put off reading it because I thought it was a book that had a religious tone. Not the case at all with Book of Nathan.

I really enjoyed this book. The author kept things humorous, while serious at the same time, and you really were left guessing until the very end unlike many books I find myself reading.

I would definitely recommend to anyone.
Seriously, I am done randomly grabbing books in the library. This was the second doozy in a row. A mystery built to tell you that pro lifers are nuts.... um, okay. Preachy with unbelievable characters trying to pass itself off as similar to the Da Vinci Code. Ha!
Janice Crespo
Some unexpected twists and turns make this a book that you should definitely list on your to-read list :) Check it out!
Chrissy
Won this in a giveaway.
Therese
Apr 14, 2012 Therese marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
$0.0
Kat Porzelt
Kat Porzelt marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Donald
Donald added it
Dec 30, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Crystal
Crystal is currently reading it
Nov 26, 2014
Tracee Gleichner
Tracee Gleichner marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Patricia Mccormick
Patricia Mccormick marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Rena McClain
Rena McClain marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Kristie hunter
Kristie hunter marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Paolo Caracciolo
Paolo Caracciolo marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Talia
Talia marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Judy Yeargin
Judy Yeargin marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Crissy Voyles
Crissy Voyles marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Deborah Shlian a physician, medical consultant, and author of non-fiction and fiction (medical mystery/thrillers). She practices medicine and often co-writes with her husband Joel Shlian.
More about Deborah Shlian...
Rabbit in the Moon Dead Air (Sammy Greene, #1) Devil Wind (Sammy Greene, #2) Wednesday's Child Double Illusion