Start by marking “Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000001: The Haunted Toolshed” as Want to Read:
Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000001: The Haunted Toolshed

Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000001: The Haunted Toolshed (Joe Sherlock #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Why are cakes vanishing into thin air? How can a mailbox disappear without a trace? When did something evil move into Mr. Asher's toolshed?

Strange and unexplained things are happening on Baker Street after dark, and Joe Sherlock must come face-to-face with the things that go bump in the night. Even though a cold tingle of terror gallops down his spine like a herd of wild g
Published April 14th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published May 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000001, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000001

Pop Bop
Jun 29, 2014 Pop Bop rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Knuckleheaded Noir

I just came across this series and thought it looked interesting enough to give it a try. What a nice find.

Joe Sherlock is another in the honorable list of kid detectives for early readers. A few pages in I was concerned because it looked like he might just be a standard doofus, and this might be another fart and booger fest. But no. Once this book gets up and running it is very funny in all the ways early readers should be funny - silly, gross, witty, unpredictable, clever and
Dewi
Joe Sherlock atau Tan Cher Lock ?

Buku ini hadir dengan font menarik plus ilustrasi yang banyak. Joe Sherlock digambarkan sebagai anak yang suka misteri, gugup dan takut kegelapan namun berusaha mengatasinya demi memecahkan kasus yang ada.
Satu hal yg menurut saya kurang pas : pengetahuan Joe Sherlock kurang luas, bahkan dia beberapa kali kurang memahami kosakata yang digunakan orang lain. Hmm... Mungkin karena David Keane ingin menampilkan sosok Sherlock yang lain.
Michelle Brown
This was a quick, easy to read book about a 4th grader named Joe Sherlock who loves to watch mystery movies and solve mysteries as well. His neighbor, Mr. Asher, comes to him for help with his haunted toolshed. Sherlock must face some of his own fears to see if he can get to the bottom of it. This is a silly and kind of gross (but kids will think it’s funny) book with cute illustrations. As an adult, I didn’t find it too interesting, but I think elementary students would like it.
Kat Wells
Feb 20, 2015 Kat Wells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book series is so cute and fun to read! It is large print for kids but I really enjoyed reading it! It is worth it for fans of sherlock!! I can't wait to finish the series.
Sarah W
Joe Sherlock's first official case is full of misadventures and hangups, from getting stuck with his sister's girly backpack stuffed with detecting supplies to accidental beheadings of innocent cement rabbits. Joe ends up tangled up with a mysterious van, a police officer looking for him and sprints through the night that leave him looking like something a truck ran over. There's plenty of sibling conflict and parental mayhem on the side. (Don't answer the phone thinking it is your sister and as ...more
Angie
Jan 16, 2012 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile-fic
This is actually pretty funny. I may need to get these for our collection ... they would be great for the boys that don't really want to read Junie B or Magic Tree House and keep trying to check out Skulduggery Pleasant.

My favorite line? From page 69
"I'm convinced that my little sister is not good for my mental health."
Molly
Nov 30, 2011 Molly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack read this for his mystery book report, so of course I read it too. It was funny and fairly believable, I loved his kid sister. I'll keep buying them for the library.
Northern
Nov 23, 2012 Northern rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children who love a good mystery
I've read all the Joe Sherlocks except #6. Love these stories. Still trying to get my hands on that last one, and hope the author adds more to the series.
Anna Francesca
Potty humor may absolutely appeal to third-grade-boys, but I found that it was too over-the-top for me to stomach.
Mrs. Tomczak
Easy book to read...this is about a very funny detective who solves crimes. These are fast books to read!
Tamara the Librarian
Fun, quick, easy read. LOTS of simile usage in story. Listened to it on cd.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This one will be a big hit with my 2nd to 4th graders who like mysteries.
Beckett Geary
Aug 03, 2009 Beckett Geary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like everything about this book, so read it. it is funney
Jen
Apr 13, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kaulin
Pretty cute book. Mikey, of course, loved it!
McKennzey
Jun 28, 2012 McKennzey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome
Lauren
Lauren added it
Jul 22, 2016
Kristina Zubarev
Kristina Zubarev rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Apollo & Sky
Apollo & Sky rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2016
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Christi
Christi rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Isabel
Isabel rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2015
LetyC
LetyC marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Prottoy
Prottoy marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Joshua
Joshua added it
Sep 03, 2015
Nicholas
Nicholas rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Lila
Lila marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
JP
JP rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
199026
After spending so much time reading books to my three kids, I decided I'd try my hand at children's books. It's been a blast. I've visited schools all over the country. I've talked to thousands of kids about writing, illustrating, and using your imagination. And I've received tons of incredible letters and emails from parents, kids and teachers from just about everywhere.

I am the author of the Jo
More about Dave Keane...

Joe Sherlock (6 books)
  • Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000002: The Neighborhood Stink
  • Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000003: The Missing Monkey-Eye Diamond
  • Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000004: The Headless Mummy
  • Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000005: The Art Teacher's Vanishing Masterpiece (Joe Sherlock)
  • Joe Sherlock, Kid Detective, Case #000006: The Phantom at Eve's Hollow